Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy with my purchase and I look forward to this set up
Glad you like him. I liked it better in person too, has a lot of presence. I actually thought about keeping it for a few days. My major gripes were the issue was the dreds and the body paint quality.

So I see a lot of video reviews asking if this is worth the price.. Most if not all say No and I pretty much agree.

However I think in todays market everything is overpriced. I think the 20% off deal that many people got is fair and what the original price should have been.

I look at it like this. Many newer PF and 1/4 statues are going for 500.00 or more. 1/3 scale items by Prime 1 go for about 950.00 on average and buying an XM piece usually runs 1000.00 or more here in the states. If City Hunter was priced at 1000.00 I think that would have been fair. I had the Prime 1 Noel Batman and I think this is a much better piece overall. Better details and presence. King Hulk was around 700.00... this is bigger then King Hulk and it comes with an extra head that is about half the size of a regular PF.. Hell I think the extra portrait with stand adds 250.00 to the price on it's own. I have owned some XM pieces and IMO this is more bang for the buck.

Still I think 1250.00 is a bit much. I figure for the size it should have been 750.00 then add an extra 250.00 for the additional head sculpt.

Yea, I gave it a shot with the discount, would not have even considered it at $1200. I had hoped that extra discount would allow for some mods, but in the end it needed too much and I ended up just flipping it before the bottom fell out of their value.

Yea, I gave it a shot with the discount, would not have even considered it at $1200. I had hoped that extra discount would allow for some mods, but in the end it needed too much and I ended up just flipping it before the bottom fell out of their value.

That's too bad you could not find love for it... I am not a Predator expert or superfan... I do see the issues as far as accuracy goes but due to not being a superfan I can easily look past it... Superfan or not I have no issues with the paint apps... I am really digging on this piece. Have not felt like this about a statue in a long time.

That's too bad you could not find love for it... I am not a Predator expert or superfan... I do see the issues as far as accuracy goes but due to not being a superfan I can easily look past it... Superfan or not I have no issues with the paint apps... I am really digging on this piece. Have not felt like this about a statue in a long time.

My main problem with the paint wasn't accuracy, it was just not nearly detailed enough and very dull. The decals instead of a real paint app killed it for me and it would have been too much effort to repaint under the netting.

My main problem with the paint wasn't accuracy, it was just not nearly detailed enough and very dull. The decals instead of a real paint app killed it for me and it would have been too much effort to repaint under the netting.

I can't even tell its decals.. I looked but cant tell... Shows what I know. :lol

Congrats Jaws, glad you like him.

Everything is, quite easily, fixed apart from the dreads.

Thanks my friend... I have watched the customs on youtube and everything done does make an improvement.. For me the quills are the main thing I would want done.. But I can live with it as is.

I like this piece way more then I thought I would. I have watched the youtube videos and have been impressed but did not consider getting it as I am not the biggest fan of that particular movie. At least when compared to the first.
But my oldest son loves predator and his fav is the City Hunter.... So I figured "what the Hell?" I will never sell this piece as I will just give it to him if I grow tired of it.. And I have said before I think this and the Jungle hunter will make great book ends for my TV :)

Nice Jaws, glad you're happy. I picked one of these up again recently, it was lightly damaged and I had a little cash from selling a few items myself so I grabbed it. I can fix the snapped parts easily enough. Despite all of my complaints about this, all of which still stand and still annoy me given how little extra effort it would have taken to really make this amazing. I do like it, and I missed having it around. It's still boxed up, as are most of my statues currently. I may play around with the heads in future and see if I can improve them, they are pretty bad, the masked head especially.

Congrats Jaws, glad you like him.

Everything is, quite easily, fixed apart from the dreads.

Yarp - well - the dreds and the bio anyways.

Shame it wasn't that simple with the upcoming P1 - although their "art direction choices" on THAT saved me some money :)

Glad you're happy with the wee fella JAWS - enjoy!

Yarp - well - the dreds and the bio anyways.

Shame it wasn't that simple with the upcoming P1 - although their "art direction choices" on THAT saved me some money :)

Glad you're happy with the wee fella JAWS - enjoy!

Thanks Spike...

I miss the "half full" spike that I read at the other forum with regards to the P1 :lol. I was looking back at that thread trying to find the reasoning SSC had for not fixing the leg armor and reading your posts you had a lot of positive things to say about it or should I say not that many bad things to say about it :) I was actually shocked... At one point it seemed like the Leg armor was the only thing holding you back... But I get it. Flaws start to rear their ugly head and before you know it it's all you can see.

I use to be able to ignore the leg armor but now I look at it after having the P2 and I just think "why?" That's why I went searching in the other thread. Netting is a piss pore excuse...

Regarding the P1 - it was more "(body) half size" Predator than "(glass) half full" Spike :wink1:

If you follow the timing, the faults were identified as we were shown what it looked like. The lack of body heft was originally identified by me once I was sent pre-release sculpt-in-progress shots.

The final straw for most was the reveal of the unmasked (compressed) head - we were hoping that was going to allow us to pretend the masked head didn't exist - little did we know :)

But . . . wrong thread - and "been there done that".

Nice Jaws, glad you're happy. I picked one of these up again recently, it was lightly damaged and I had a little cash from selling a few items myself so I grabbed it. I can fix the snapped parts easily enough. Despite all of my complaints about this, all of which still stand and still annoy me given how little extra effort it would have taken to really make this amazing. I do like it, and I missed having it around. It's still boxed up, as are most of my statues currently. I may play around with the heads in future and see if I can improve them, they are pretty bad, the masked head especially.

why not just wait for the Prime version? The exclusive on this can still be had for retail and I don't think I see it going for much higher than that.

why not just wait for the Prime version? The exclusive on this can still be had for retail and I don't think I see it going for much higher than that.

No I agree, but I paid less than retail tbh. I'll likely get the Prime 1 version also whether I have to move things on or not when it comes about. I'm sure it will be stellar!

No I agree, but I paid less than retail tbh. I'll likely get the Prime 1 version also whether I have to move things on or not when it comes about. I'm sure it will be stellar!

Frankly I can't imagine having an even larger Predator in my collection... I collect too many other franchises to have a 1/3 scale Predator. Of course I say that now.. Watch P1 drop the ultimate looking movie version from the first film and then me making an exception to the 1/3 scale :lol

Regarding the P1 - it was more "(body) half size" Predator than "(glass) half full" Spike :wink1:

If you follow the timing, the faults were identified as we were shown what it looked like. The lack of body heft was originally identified by me once I was sent pre-release sculpt-in-progress shots.

The final straw for most was the reveal of the unmasked (compressed) head - we were hoping that was going to allow us to pretend the masked head didn't exist - little did we know :)

But . . . wrong thread - and "been there done that".

Oh... I was just shocked because there was one SDCC pic where you stated that it was the leg armor keeping you from getting it.. That is neither here nor there.. Just was surprised :)

Yeah I know this is more of a discussion for the other thread... But it gets ugly in there fast so I figured it might be easier and less combative to bring it up here :lol

Back