Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I buy this for a hefty $1200 (unless I was one of the few that got the secret discount) plus shipping, plus tax and import duties in many cases, then I have to pay to have this shipped back and forth to a custom artist who is going to charge me some given amount to have this statue repainted and have quills added to bring this statue up to an acceptable level in most people's eyes? Do I have this right?

Well what I am doing is? this statue is shipping straight to the artist, he is going to do the work and then he is shipping it to me, its going to cost allot overall, but once its all said and done its going to be one hell of a piece. It could actually work for the better, because if it turns up damaged to him, he can fix it so its a win win

on come on now, I enjoyed it as much as the next fellow, but it is no "The Phantom Menace" :wink1:

In all seriousness, I can say that I paid full price for this statue (on flex) and will have it by July. I have also received multiple offers on fb from guys wanting to buy it from me for more than I paid.

So I buy this for a hefty $1200 (unless I was one of the few that got the secret discount) plus shipping, plus tax and import duties in many cases, then I have to pay to have this shipped back and forth to a custom artist who is going to charge me some given amount to have this statue repainted and have quills added to bring this statue up to an acceptable level in most people's eyes? Do I have this right?

Way more impressive, out the box, than I anticipated.

Well what I am doing is? this statue is shipping straight to the artist, he is going to do the work and then he is shipping it to me, its going to cost allot overall, but once its all said and done its going to be one hell of a piece. It could actually work for the better, because if it turns up damaged to him, he can fix it so its a win win
You could of just said 'Yes'.

If it arrives damaged you contact SS.

on come on now, I enjoyed it as much as the next fellow, but it is no "The Phantom Menace" :wink1:

In all seriousness, I can say that I paid full price for this statue (on flex) and will have it by July. I have also received multiple offers on fb from guys wanting to buy it from me for more than I paid.
Huh? You're right - it's not a bad movie like The Phantom Menace. :lol

Oh is that a WWEjedi reference...

it is silly imho for anyone who paid around $1000 for a statue of an alien from a pretty bad movie to judge what "value" is. Most of the world would say we're all nuts.

I loved P2, its actually my fave design of the predator, maybe not the best film, but I loved seeing the different side of the predator and how they work, and of course cannot beat the ending when we see the entire clan

Predator 2 to me was a great movie, nothing Oscar worthy but very entertaining. It was the first time someone actually hunted the predator. Arnold defended himself, danny glover actually chased him down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Predator 2 to me was a great movie, nothing Oscar worthy but very entertaining. It was the first time someone actually hunted the predator. Arnold defended himself, danny glover actually chased him down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The score in the film is amazing, hearing the drums in the intro scene, king willie build up, and the final battle with danny glover always great to listen to. Dem bones one of my fave movie soundtracks. If anything Predator 2 does better than the other predator films, its soundtrack is the best of the lot

Can owners tell me if their P2 Maquette has this same appearance? It's the inside claw on the right foot.

I emailed SS about it and they say it is consistent with the mold for P2 maquette. To me it looks like it's chipped. However, I did not find the piece that would have broken off in the box.

Yours is chipped. Put the magnifying glass away and you'll be fine :wink1:

20160222_205208.jpg

Not exactly. Different strokes.
When I opened the box and looked at the statue, I was really impressed. It looks good to me the way it is, and I know, it's not screen accurate, but when looked at, it represent what it supposed to represent, and I'm fine with it as is.
Got on a waitlist with not much faith, while looking around the net for another. Now I got 2, and love it.

Not exactly. Different strokes.
When I opened the box and looked at the statue, I was really impressed. It looks good to me the way it is, and I know, it's not screen accurate, but when looked at, it represent what it supposed to represent, and I'm fine with it as is.
Got on a waitlist with not much faith, while looking around the net for another. Now I got 2, and love it.

I was impressed as well, but damn, that base just killed it for me. I couldn't stare at it anymore without having it repainted.

You mean the overspray? I can live with it. Sort of reminds me of the misty environment inside the ship.

I know it's not the case, but it looks like it's not even painted, like they used a gray primer and forgot to paint the skulls and teeth. With the rest of the base being that goldish copper color, it just didn't sit right to my eyes. It would've been worth a repaint if I had the money. I'll just have to hope CP does a maquette in the near future. I won't be looking to re-acquire this in the future.

I got my repainted Pred back. What a difference it makes just to touch up this statue.
I was going to get another to paint later, but at the moment keeping up with the orders is becoming difficult.

Back