Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette (CANCELLED!... For now)

I'm holding out to see if this comes good I think, although there are a few pieces I'd like so we'll see. Namely the Chronicle Rodger young and Athena, maybe the new SSC 1/4 Endo, Vader PF etc etc... Oh and the Space Jockey and Power loader... yikes!
:lol :exactly: Too much choice/temptation in this hobby :gah:

Just been looking at XM Studio and I totally think they should jump on the Alien and Predator line!! Their stuff looks amazing quality!!!!!!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

My main gripe with XM and this license is that their pricing would be over the roof, probably, unless they get a global distribution deal and somehow manage to make shipping affordable. Same with Prime1.
Other thing is that XM seems to have their hands deep into a lot of projects already and they just started, I don't want them to burn out and bite more than they can chew.
But I do agree that they'd do an incredible job.

My main gripe with XM and this license is that their pricing would be over the roof, probably, unless they get a global distribution deal and somehow manage to make shipping affordable. Same with Prime1.

I live in London and received my first XM piece last week (Iron Man MK42) and it worked out cheaper (just) than a normal Sideshow PF :dunno....and that's after taxes too...

I'm pretending I still have this on order so I'm still planning to spend the money on it unless it all falls apart. I really need a 1/4 Predator so I'm completely bummed about this news. I had a spot already saved for him in my collection.

Someone make a P1 please. I'd take anything above 1/4 scale at this point. It's mind blowing how slow good Predator stuff is to come out.

Someone make a P1 please. I'd take anything above 1/4 scale at this point. It's mind blowing how slow good Predator stuff is to come out.

It'll happen Brian ;) Let Sideshow get their 1/4 scale Endoskeleton done right first and then they can release the P1 LSF :rock

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for an LSF unless one is announced. I'd rather they fixed a few bits on this and found a factory that can actually match the prototype as close as possible. LSF's are cool and all, but the minimum $2k price combined with their unlimited nature makes them a hard buy.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for an LSF unless one is announced. I'd rather they fixed a few bits on this and found a factory that can actually match the prototype as close as possible. LSF's are cool and all, but the minimum $2k price combined with their unlimited nature makes them a hard buy.

Personally Matt, I'd gladly hand over $2k to Sideshow for a decent looking P1 LSF...considering how well there 1/4 Maquette came out (despite me not favouring the pose) who's to say Sideshow couldn't pull it off...you never know ;) but can you imagine later in the year come Comic Con and the huge announcement that Sideshow are to release a P1 LSF :thud:

With most LSFs you're getting 1:2 scale, not with a Predator. A 1:2 Predator would probably be $3,000+
Where did this LSF talk even come from :dunno

As you said Matt. Fix this, get the production sorted then we will have a great statue.

Then we can start saving for a potential LSF ;) If one happened and it was really cool, I'd probably stump up the money, but we need a real nice P2 first.

Hopefully, LSFs will gain an ES at some point as standard.

If there was one LSF piece I'd ever be willing to spend $2k+ on it would be a P1 Predator. Edition size be damned that thing would be mine mine mine.

I live in London and received my first XM piece last week (Iron Man MK42) and it worked out cheaper (just) than a normal Sideshow PF :dunno....and that's after taxes too...

How much did you pay, if I may ask?
I have XM pieces coming and I live in Italy, so more or less we're on the same boat. I know I paid around 550$ (430€, at the time) for Red Sonja Ex, while no way I could pay less than 650-700€ for an XM piece. Which is money well spent imho, mind, not saying they're too expensive, their price is justified. But considering that 1:4 Predators seem to cost 2x-3x a normal PF, the idea of XM having a similar price hike on a Predator makes me tremble.
I still think that PCS would be great :(

I also side with Python here, I can hardly justify any LSF for the price tag, and also for the scale. Can't help myself but think that 1:2 statues look like kids in a costume, i find them tacky and unelegant. 1:3 scale is the best high end scale for me, perfect balance between size, details and (usually) pricing.

A lot of people are mentioning "LSF".
Sideshow cancelled the P2 Maquette... how did that lead to a P1 LSF? :dunno

Unless SSC actually makes the announcement, it's not happening. And even if they did announce one, it's not a guarantee, for obvious reasons (i.e. P2 Maquette).

Lets hope its for now, DAMN I hope its a temporary thing, and they get to work on the P2 1/4 scale

Wish they'd strip sideshow of the licence. Its obviously beyond them to deliver a decent product

We're gonna need lots of :grouphug

:grouphug

Really Sideshow? You had no problem shipping out those Predator 1 Bios with that horrible and cheap paint job, rough cast quality, and defective stand.
Where was this sense of respect for the license and it's fans a few months ago?

I would have rather that mask get delayed again and be done right for the price they charged for it. :pfft:

if SSC had issues with this guys quality then just think how bad it was... :lol

if SSC had issues with this guys quality then just think how bad it was... :lol
The thing is, I don't believe it to be an issue with quality. They've got a track record of releasing some pieces with poor quality control.

This statue fell over at the design phase and it's gotten worse from there. It's only been delayed, but I do hope it gets retooled in the areas it's inaccurate and I hope it doesn't relaunch at a new price point.

Back