Premium Format Power Girl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I love the New 52 and I think Synders run on Batman has been some of the best comic writing I've read in many years. I've just added Superman and Wonder Woman to my sub, but having read the collected editions of them so far, I like what I've read. Looking forward to an explosive 2015.

I'm curious to see what Future's End is going to bring about. A possible reboot or merging of the new and old? The way they keep branding the new runs as "The New 52" makes me wonder if DC won't have it be a separate universe like Marvel's Ultimate universe and bring back the old DC universe. I also agree that Snyder and Capullo have done an excellent job with the New 52 Batman. My comic collecting days are over but I have been picking up the trades.

I'm curious to see what Future's End is going to bring about. A possible reboot or merging of the new and old? The way they keep branding the new runs as "The New 52" makes me wonder if DC won't have it be a separate universe like Marvel's Ultimate universe and bring back the old DC universe. I also agree that Snyder and Capullo have done an excellent job with the New 52 Batman. My comic collecting days are over but I have been picking up the trades.

I'm currently up to issue 16 of Futures End & I've been enjoying far more than I thought I would.
It's so refreshing for it to not have gone the usual big guns route but rather focus more on smaller characters.

I honestly didn't think it would be up to much based on the recent events that have been huge let downs (death of the Family / Lights out anyone) but this for a weekly title has been brilliant so well paced & just keeps me going back for more...I'm currently reading 2-3 issues a day to catch up.

Neil

I'm currently up to issue 16 of Futures End & I've been enjoying far more than I thought I would.
It's so refreshing for it to not have gone the usual big guns route but rather focus more on smaller characters.

I honestly didn't think it would be up to much based on the recent events that have been huge let downs (death of the Family / Lights out anyone) but this for a weekly title has been brilliant so well paced & just keeps me going back for more...I'm currently reading 2-3 issues a day to catch up.

Neil

I may have to try and catch up with it then. Sounds great. Your line about the smaller characters being well used reminds me of the Secret Six run.

I just got a glance but is there a new PG? A young black female?

So far as I know PG is still a white girl. Ms. Marvel is a Muslim girl now. Of course, that's Marvel comics, but I can't think of any other character with a race change that looks similar to PG off the top of my head.

:dunno

So far as I know PG is still a white girl. Ms. Marvel is a Muslim girl now. Of course, that's Marvel comics, but I can't think of any other character with a race change that looks similar to PG off the top of my head.

:slap...

"What’s a comic book company to do when their audience is diversifying and clamoring for representation, but entrenched fans will have an aneurysm is you so much as change a hair on a beloved hero’s head? You pass the torch with alternate universe trickery, duh!

Meet Tanya Spears, denizen of Earth-2 and intern at Starr Industries. When an explosion sends the original Power Girl (Karen Starr) back to her home universe, she leaves her legacy to Tanya. Including new superhero abilities and a check that would make Publisher’s Clearing House look like walking around money."

Read more at DC

View attachment 157148

Well, the thing with Carol and Kamala was fine since Carol pretty much got promoted to Captain Marvel while Kamala took the Ms. Marvel name. Kinda like how **** became Nightwing and Bruce wanted another Robin.

New 52 Wally West is black.

"What’s a comic book company to do when their audience is diversifying and clamoring for representation, but entrenched fans will have an aneurysm is you so much as change a hair on a beloved hero’s head? You pass the torch with alternate universe trickery, duh!

Meet Tanya Spears, denizen of Earth-2 and intern at Starr Industries. When an explosion sends the original Power Girl (Karen Starr) back to her home universe, she leaves her legacy to Tanya. Including new superhero abilities and a check that would make Publisher’s Clearing House look like walking around money."

Read more at DC

View attachment 157148
Wow that's dumb as hell. Not only because of how she is the New PG, but she looks like a stereotypical black girl. Don't know what they were doing here. And Tanya? I'd say that's pretty damn racist. :lol

really? :panic:

DC is really going all "diversity for the sake of diversity." If it's an original character with original name, that's one thing. Taking existing established white characters and changing their ethnicity (Wally West) just screams that they don't have faith that other creations of different races will do well.

Read more at DC

View attachment 157148

I see a hidden mickey.

Meet Tanya Spears, denizen of Earth-2 and intern at Starr Industries.

:lecture Looks like I was wrong. I find it funny that the article quoted has the url of "DC's new Power Girl ditches the boob window, looks amazing." :rotfl

What's wrong with a boob window? I'm glad that stores have windows so I can browse their wares before purchasing. :naughty

Wally West looks like Power Girl now? :lol

I may have to try and catch up with it then. Sounds great. Your line about the smaller characters being well used reminds me of the Secret Six run.

Yeah it has been really good, read upto issue 18 tonight & they are starting to factor in some of the usual names but it's been great so far, the lack of the obvious has been brilliant, it would have been so easy for it to just be the big guns in the future but they've really put thought into it & tried hard to skip the norm

Neil

Back