Portal 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the complaints about the outdated Source engine, I was really impressed with what they pulled off in Portal 2. The lighting effects looked damn good, IMO.

For some reason, it feels like the year to do so. :pray:

It might be a complicated situation--if they're working on updating the engine, it would probably be a waste since there's new consoles going to be coming out in the next couple of years--so if they wanted to get it out before then they really would have to announce it soon.

I beat the single player a few nights ago and beat the co op with a friend of mine yesterday. All I can say this is one of the best games I have played in a long time. The storyline and especially the dialogue made me laugh the entire game. The puzzles in the single player are not to tough but some puzzles are extremely difficult, it makes you think for sure and it was so great having Wheatley voiced by Steve Merchant. Never a dull moment with him. :lol Overall I rate this game at 9.5/10 a must play for any gamer who likes to play games that make you think and IMO the ending scenes were perfect SSSSSPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEEEE LMAO:lol it ended the story perfect so its not over until the fat turrent sings.

With all the complaints about the outdated Source engine, I was really impressed with what they pulled off in Portal 2. The lighting effects looked damn good, IMO.

The lighting is nice and the robots too, but I think the textures are a bit dated now. It's very Source-like, in that most non-reflective or specular surfaces (i.e. concrete, dirt, etc) look like they belong in a game from 2005.

On the other hand, character models still look okay. They really improved on Chell compared to the first game. She's actually kinda hot now.

1zn928j.jpg

It might be a complicated situation--if they're working on updating the engine, it would probably be a waste since there's new consoles going to be coming out in the next couple of years--so if they wanted to get it out before then they really would have to announce it soon.

You could be right, but with the PS3 and 360 probably having about 2 years left. Plus the PC which isn't dictated by console lifetimes. I'd say they've got plenty of time to get it out. Especially if they announce it this year (very wishful thinking).

An engine like source can be designed around higher powered systems and then easily scaled down. So developing it now wouldn't really define it specifically to this generation of consoles.

360 version is $34.99 @ Amazon:

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0J9M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304250101&sr=8-1"]https://www.amazon.com/Portal-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0J9M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304250101&sr=8-1[/ame]

"yeah mate, I know!" :lol

I really enjoyed the first Portal, but this sequel was well beyond it.. Loved every moment!

As soon as I finished the game I started playing it again from the start, I can't remember the last game that got me to do that.

"Oh hi, how are you holding up? Because Im a potato." :lol I thought this game was alright, not amazing, but good.

Well it's certainly very original and not just another shooter ..while i was playing it my brother was like "is there not anyone to kill?" ..i just rolled my eyes at him, he did however appreciate the game as he continued to watch me solve some some the puzzles throughout it.

Back