Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbh i certainly didn't expect to see skeletor just yet...i'm sure evil lyn must be almost ready to go also..i remember seeing that tease for her ages ago...so maybe it will be the two ladies after this, the other of course being sorceress.based on the success of teela, i can only imagine they will be just as popular.

Believe me I know. I sold my He-Man statue.

Is that supposed to be Filmation Skeletor? If so, it's not such a great likeness.

Huh? The he-man I have looks very close to the filmation he man. How can he not look like him? I can't really tell the differences. That's close enough for me. I won't be selling my 80s icon he-man statue any time unless I going homeless. Lol. I much prefer the animated style for motu than the real versions.

Huh? The he-man I have looks very close to the filmation he man. How can he not look like him? I can't really tell the differences. That's close enough for me. I won't be selling my 80s icon he-man statue any time unless I going homeless. Lol. I much prefer the animated style for motu than the real versions.

Hey CBG...all you need to do is google an image of the Filmation He-Man and compare it with your statue bro...the likeness is way off :( in my opinion, its the only thing that let this piece down cos apart from that its an epic piece and must have for any die hard MOTU fan. As far as I know, there was an issue with Mattel which resulted in PCS not being able to make it 100% accurate :dunno
Whilst its not a million miles off, its still not the Filmation He-Man for me and not sure why PCS gave him blue eyes :dunno :(

f9d254e9a567101466d3fabe74251b1e.jpg

0dec6783475997100acc1c352ddc7dbf.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, id rather have these cool MOTU statues than not at all but its a bit of a downer when all of the other characters are nailed on in terms of likeness whilst the main character of the entire cartoon is not :(

Last edited:
Yeah... but even the He-Man action figures didnt look at all like the cartoon counterpart as well. I get what youre saying though.

Yeah... but even the He-Man action figures didnt look at all like the cartoon counterpart as well.

agreed, however...I'd say none of the figures had a true likeness to the cartoon counterpart yet in regards to this PCS MOTU line, all the other characters other than He-Man (and possibly Skeletor) have a true likeness which is weird :dunno

I agree. I did wish it was 100% accurate. Can't really do anything about it now. I still like mine, its close enough without being too distracting from the overall piece.

I agree. I did wish it was 100% accurate. Can't really do anything about it now. I still like mine, its close enough without being too distracting from the overall piece.

Yea, like I said previously, being a massive fan of 80's cartoons, I'd rather have this PCS Filmation line that nothing at all as I already have Thundercats and Transformers represented in my collection through lifesize busts aswell as statues in both 1/2 and 1/4 scale :)

Now bring on the licenses for M.A.S.K, Centurions, Dungeons and Dragons, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Bravestarr, Visionaries, Gobots, Ulysees31, to name but a few :rock

Yea, like I said previously, being a massive fan of 80's cartoons, I'd rather have this PCS Filmation line that nothing at all as I already have Thundercats and Transformers represented in my collection through lifesize busts aswell as statues in both 1/2 and 1/4 scale :)

Now bring on the licenses for M.A.S.K, Centurions, Dungeons and Dragons, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Bravestarr, Visionaries, Gobots, Ulysees31, to name but a few :rock

Now thats a whole lotta 80's cartoons Id have to revisit. :lol For some reason when it came to these cartoons, I had a bit of amnesia and never remembered them until someone reminded me and I youtubed them. I remember liking these shows when I saw the individual clips again. I guess they didnt have quite the impact that He-Man or ThunderCats had on me.

Now thats a whole lotta 80's cartoons Id have to revisit. :lol For some reason when it came to these cartoons, I had a bit of amnesia and never remembered them until someone reminded me and I youtubed them. I remember liking these shows when I saw the individual clips again. I guess they didnt have quite the impact that He-Man or ThunderCats had on me.

Man these cartoons were like part of my everyday life growing up as a teenager :) There wasn't an episode I missed and on the odd occasion I was gonna miss one I'd have my mum record it on the good old VHS Tape Recorder :yess: :lol

It was only a few years ago, before I got into statues, that I made a conscious effort to track down all my favourite 80's cartoons and buy them all on DVD so as you can probably imagine, I have a pretty hefty collection of DVD's including all the Hanna Barbera classics like Wacky Races, Penelope Pitstopp, Captain Caveman, Flintstones, etc... :lol

The He-Man statue is now one of my favourite possessions.

I would happily have a Marshall Bravestarr statue too. :)

Have you ever checked the cover artist name on any of your 80's DVD's Roberto?

The He-Man statue is now one of my favourite possessions.

I would happily have a Marshall Bravestarr statue too. :)

Have you ever checked the cover artist name on any of your 80's DVD's Roberto?

Bravestarr was one of my other personal favs Eam :) I had such great times at school by using the Bravestarr phrases :lol for instance during athletics class I'd be sprinting whilst screaming 'Speed of the Puma' :lol :lol infact it was just the other day when I was helping a friend of mine to move home (who funnily enough also went to the same school as me) and as I helped lift up some heavy duty sofas, I was like...'Strength of the Bear" :lol love it! Great cartoon :clap

I haven't checked the artist name Eam :( would I see your name on it? ;) If so, I'm sending you all my DVD's to sign!!! :rock :lol and then you can send me that Iron Man print you promised me!!! :lecture :lol :lol

yeh like next to no cheek structure lol..and when did he-man get blue eyes..actually i'd like to see what it looks like with the black cartoon eyes just a little curios..lol bravestarr..i wouldnt be surprised one day if we do though, like seriously..i know jerry has his eye on g1 transformers, you might be able to persuade him eamon + rb, never know, maybe when he gets more staff and doesn't have to be so picky.

yeh like next to no cheek structure lol..and when did he-man get blue eyes..actually i'd like to see what it looks like with the black cartoon eyes just a little curios..lol bravestarr..i wouldnt be surprised one day if we do though, like seriously..i know jerry has his eye on g1 transformers, you might be able to persuade him eamon + rb, never know, maybe when he gets more staff and doesn't have to be so picky.

Not more Transformers bro :gah: have you seen the new Prime statue I'm getting? :horror I'm gonna persuade Jerry NOT to make G1 statues :lol :lol

Speaking of old cartoons...who here watche the Real Ghostbusters? Been watching that with my son recently...good show!

I have that on DVD too Kris :) Yea, loved it mate :clap

I bet no one remembers Pole Position?! If you cant remember it then youtube the intro...loved the theme :rock

I haven't checked the artist name Eam :( would I see your name on it? ;) If so, I'm sending you all my DVD's to sign!!! :rock :lol and then you can send me that Iron Man print you promised me!!! :lecture :lol :lol

Was it a print or a sketch? I thought it was a sketch? Either way, you can have it. Just chase me up as I forget this stuff. ;)

I've done most 80's DVD's but not Bravetstarr. Emiliano did that one and a rockin job he did too.

I introduced my friend to the Bravestarr movie and was suitably rocked. One of the finest non disney US animations ever that movie in my opinion. I actually own the original establishing shots of New Texas and the full Horse Temple (with Sarah Jane) from Filmation as well as other memorable cels.

I will totally suggest to Jerry he do a Bravestarr. :)

Yes I can see from the pics he's not exact. But he's very close enough to not bother me. Can't wait for Teela, and others! The most wanted statue for me is an filmation she-ra. I will trade my talon, grevious, ms marvel, etc for her. Any PF for that one. Yes the memories of the fun 80s show rules!

Back