polystone statue cleaning tips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cautiously use q-tips, air (those small cans you can but at electronic shops), and swiffer dusters. I have no problem with the compressed air causing damage, but I also don't hold the can right up close to the statue...I think as long as you hold it a safe distance away, it should not cause damage. I use swiffers to do larger flat areas, and q-tips to get into tight areas.

I cautiously use q-tips, air (those small cans you can but at electronic shops), and swiffer dusters. I have no problem with the compressed air causing damage, but I also don't hold the can right up close to the statue...I think as long as you hold it a safe distance away, it should not cause damage. I use swiffers to do larger flat areas, and q-tips to get into tight areas.

i got tired of paying $5 a can that lasts for a couple of statues. bought a hand held electronics blower. works great and it's paid for!!!

I use paint brushes and dust every 2 weeks or 3. Paint brushes work very well.

soft yet firm brush, soft cloth and hand held air blower.

31IYJt%2B5NiL.jpg

i got tired of paying $5 a can that lasts for a couple of statues. bought a hand held electronics blower. works great and it's paid for!!!

I don't like using aerosol blowers so just googled the blower you have as it looks cool...
£90 on Amazon :slap :thud:
I'll make do with the blusher brush.

I don't like using aerosol blowers so just googled the blower you have as it looks cool...
£90 on Amazon :slap :thud:
I'll make do with the blusher brush.

i have many things to dust so i took the plunge. was a little under $60 shipped and came with a bunch of different accessories from wide spray to intricate detailing. i would use that much in aerosol blowers in a year. and no worries about the liquid from the canister spraying on your collectibles like aerosol.

My compressor is a small electric industrial one that can inflate tires, and, no, it still is not anywhere near powerful enough to strip paint. Now, if I used the powerwasher...

i have many things to dust so i took the plunge. was a little under $60 shipped and came with a bunch of different accessories from wide spray to intricate detailing. i would use that much in aerosol blowers in a year. and no worries about the liquid from the canister spraying on your collectibles like aerosol.

Oh, cool product. Just found one for $60 shipped myself (within Canada)...just picked one up. Will be useful for cleaning out the inside of my PC as well.

Oh, cool product. Just found one for $60 shipped myself (within Canada)...just picked one up. Will be useful for cleaning out the inside of my PC as well.

just make sure to keep the foam filter clean at the bottom intake. pulls right out and it's a breeze to clear.

I have read at least 2 or 3 posts where a compressed ait blast either blew the paint off OR chipped the statue:lecture

I can't imagine how that would be possible unless the statue was already damaged or they were holding the can way to close, I've used compressed air for years with no hassles.

I use a feather duster. the feathers are soft enough to get around and into all the crevices.

After that i've read small paint brushes, although i have not used them.

Also, you need to clean, like every week. If that dust accumulates for months or years, it will ruin the statue.

How can dust damage a painted statue ?

Back