Poll: P1 Predator craft scene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scout ship or mothership?

• Total voters
You guys are arguing about stuff thats purely conjecture on both sides!
Ok, argue if you all can bring evidence to the table but what evidence can you all possibly dig up about a craft that had about 2 seconds screen time and make a thread with a crap load of pages saying how its this and how its not this its that... Id expect a thread like this with this many opinions to be about Alien biology or something with a little but more weight behind it.

Call me crazy or a party pooper or even a bastard but isnt the fact it was a space craft enough? or is it really such a big deal that we've gotta debate it..

I dunno... :duh

get over yourself :cool:

Nothing to do with the ship/pod discussion, but when the Predator in P1 blows himself up, is he blowing up the ship or just himself? If it's the ship, then in P2 when the Predator is hanging of the building and arms his wrist device, is he going to blow the ship with all the other Predators onboard?
thoughts?

Nothing to do with the ship/pod discussion, but when the Predator in P1 blows himself up, is he blowing up the ship or just himself? If it's the ship, then in P2 when the Predator is hanging of the building and arms his wrist device, is he going to blow the ship with all the other Predators onboard?
thoughts?

I think the ships have separate explosive devices, otherwise it would suck to be the lost preds :lol:lol

thoughts?

just himself

Okay so if the Predator in P1 onyl blows himself up then the pod/ship would still be around somewhere? I think then that the ship at the begining is a mothership deploying a scout ship which then deploys a pod!

(of course he blows just himself up, cos in AVP Scar tosses his arm thing into the alien eggs and it all explodes. stoopid me!)

=Rincewind;1155445]Okay so if the Predator in P1 onyl blows himself up then the pod/ship would still be around somewhere? I think then that the ship at the begining is a mothership deploying a scout ship which then deploys a pod!

It is just a ship wich deploys a pod to earth. It is clearly a pod that get's lanced out of the ship.

listening to the commentary by the director, originally Arnie was supposed to take a trip onto the ship at the end of the movie and sees all of his team stuffed and mounted, but this was cut from the script due to the budget. So it would seem that it was indeed a scout ship deployed and not a pod.

Arnie was supposed to take a trip onto the ship at the end of the movie and sees all of his team stuffed and mounted

Thank God for them going over budget then.. because on-screen, I think that would look chessy as all hell. Like the scene in Sin City where Marv sees all the female heads mounted on the wall. Terrible.

John McTeirnan thought it would be terrible as well, I think he said that it was his idea for the Predator to take the skulls instead. I guess the Predator skinned the soldiers to take the skin back to his space ship where he stuffed them...... cos there was no other explaination for the skinnings.

like you said Devil666, thank the lord that this was dropped.

Back