Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EX #274 arrived today safe and sound. Gotta say, what a beautiful statue. Love everything about this statue EXCEPT for how long it took me to line up the feet into the base. The vines attached to the legs looks very delicate so be very careful. Other than that it is a true masterpiece. So glad i didnt cancel. A real winner here folks. :yess:

EX #274 arrived today safe and sound. Gotta say, what a beautiful statue. Love everything about this statue EXCEPT for how long it took me to line up the feet into the base. The vines attached to the legs looks very delicate so be very careful. Other than that it is a true masterpiece. So glad i didnt cancel. A real winner here folks. :yess:

:clap congrats on another good one! Can't wait for mine now!

:slap:dunno

not worth it :wave

No of course not. Never mind that I actually have a lot of painting experience. I am experienced enough to notice when washes, highlights and drybrushing are absent, as is the case with DC's offerings.

That's cool Spidey. I frequent threads of pieces I like but for whatever have not bought. Rhino Com, Hulk Maq, Wolverine LSF, Bats & Supes Busts, etc...

The whole reason to be a member is to share thoughts on this hobby we enjoy. It only gets rough when members just troll on and on about the same negative things all the time. Nothing wrong with sharing an opinion about a piece whether you bought it or not. Peeps just need to do it respectfully and move on. Whether I have issues with a piece or not, I'm always happy for members that enjoy their purchases.

I have been LEARNING SO much by simply reading through the various threads and talking about all of the different issues that may arise, and yes looking at all of the pretty pictures and amazing art. This hobby ha a learning curve, and I have dedicated myself to learning all I can.

:horror why? You must buy this one! She is a must own for al comicbook fans!

Okay ... so YOU TELL ME WHY she is a MUST have for all comicbook fans??? She is a C or D rate villianess, and while she makes a lovely statue she has never been a major character for me. I have ZERO connection to her accept for the animated series, and that just isn't enough. Remember what I told you about having a FOCUS CBG, it gives me the ability to ignore the hype. Now, I am not judging the connections that others have to these statues... I just don't have to have a $350 statue of a character I don't really give a **** about. In the end I only need a select few characters. Now, my collection will not be as large and ornate as some, but I will be happy with it, and that is all that matters.

So it seems we haven't had any breakages yet, right (knock on wood)? Just botched paint jobs? That seems acceptable, especially if there are enough replacements to go around.

Need Tuesday to come now!

Well when he keeps bring up basically being a "true comicbook fan" I basically get a little testy....lol

That's his usual tricks though. Take the He-Man thread. Literally every time he posts he mentions She-Ra and how he'll only buy her and how the line won't survive without her and all that _____. Every ____ing time, but I've learned to just try my best to ignore it.

That's his usual tricks though. Take the He-Man thread. Literally every time he posts he mentions She-Ra and how he'll only buy her and how the line won't survive without her and all that _____. Every ____ing time, but I've learned to just try my best to ignore it.

Smarter man then I am ... lol.

I am going make an observation, and I am not trying to piss in anyones cornflakes, but the vast majority of complaints are coming from guys who didn't buy this... Or a select few with some hefty paint issues ... While the vast majority appear to love her. Personally I think the guys who bought this that don't like it have a right to complain, and the rest sould be in their way. I speak from experience when I say there is no point in hammering on and on in a fight where you got no skin in the game. I did it once, and all that I managed to do was piss people off. IMHO we should let the lovers of this piece rejoice and help the guys out who are looking for help with USEFUL suggestions. Not tieraids about how much SSC SUCKSS!!

Where?! :dunno

Smarter man then I am ... lol.

Nah I just handle things differently I guess. You seem to have really good control over what you buy and when and most of the posts I've seen you make also suggest you're able to keep a pretty level head when it comes to dealing with everyone's arguments. In a lot of ways I envy that. :peace

I have been LEARNING SO much by simply reading through the various threads and talking about all of the different issues that may arise, and yes looking at all of the pretty pictures and amazing art. This hobby ha a learning curve, and I have dedicated myself to learning all I can.

Okay ... so YOU TELL ME WHY she is a MUST have for all comicbook fans??? She is a C or D rate villianess, and while she makes a lovely statue she has never been a major character for me. I have ZERO connection to her accept for the animated series, and that just isn't enough. Remember what I told you about having a FOCUS CBG, it gives me the ability to ignore the hype. Now, I am not judging the connections that others have to these statues... I just don't have to have a $350 statue of a character I don't really give a **** about. In the end I only need a select few characters. Now, my collection will not be as large and ornate as some, but I will be happy with it, and that is all that matters.

lol, overreact much?

and Ivy is not a C/D rate character :nana:

:dunno but I really like she-ra and really want a pf statue of her. Just like the cheetara that was cancel. It would be one of my dream statues. I am not kidding here. I just want Jerry to make her before the line gets in trouble. Not saying it will but if it does for any reason I still wish to own a she ra. She was one of my favorite motu character if not my favorite ever! :pray:

Wow! You are strong, I can't hold back even when I tried a couple of times already. I may skip a few but with a ivy looking this good. I know myself and will fail very poorly for sure. :monkey2 yes I agree I never had any attachment to the character either. But now I may go back to learn more about her since I will have a statue on this character. I tend to buy first then go learn about the statue later :lol

Are you saying he isn't just "special" but indeed a bona fide troll ?

ghostbust.78d.gif

Ivy EX #980! And she's AWESOME :love

944772_10151503108298562_1972072785_n.jpg

Back