Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a pretty extreme difference as she is 3 inches shorter than Joker and 4 inches shorter than Batman.

It doesn't bother me at all I think they look just great all together!

345hmip.jpg

SideshowCollectibles_-_Batman_Joker_PoisonIvyiiii.jpg

It doesn't bother me at all I think they look just great all together!

345hmip.jpg

I'm not sure that picture is an accurate representative of their respective heights, compared to each other. As you can see, Poison Ivy is in the front of Joker who is in front of Batman. Depth of field makes Poison Ivy look shorter than she really is. If you line them all up side-by-side, then Poison Ivy won't look as short.

I'm not sure that picture is an accurate representative of their respective heights, compared to each other. As you can see, Poison Ivy is in the front of Joker who is in front of Batman. Depth of field makes Poison Ivy look shorter than she really is. If you line them all up side-by-side, then Poison Ivy won't look as short.

...What? :dunno If anything wouldn't it make her appear taller because you have Joker in the middle of Batman so it forces you to compare her to Joker rather than Batman, who is significantly taller?

Either way the second image shows off how much shorter she ends up being than Batman. I also don't like this because it gave them an excuse to not put as much work into the base. They could have made some awesome plant or tree related three inch tall base.

I like shorter bases. So long as they are not plain or boring. It makes these statues easier to display. Ivy's base is perfect for her character. Overall, Poison Ivy is a stunning piece.

Why would you want all the statues to be the same height?? Boring if you ask me. Creates no field of depth or no creative display options.

They wouldn't be the exact same height since the actual character heights would vary still.

And I honestly don't think this is an argument of short bases versus tall bases. It is an argument of consistency. If you're going to give the first two Batman characters tall bases then it should be a standard for the line. It's like how Sideshow gets really weird with their Avengers PFs, some featuring the giant A and some not having it.

Like with how Pop Culture Shock puts all their Street Fighter and retro Mortal Kombat statues on a plain black base. Imagine if they suddenly released a new character who was on a giant hot dog for a base. Even if that was relevant to the character and looked cool, it breaks up consistency of a line for no reason.

I actually also find it a bit of a disrespectful maneuver as well. It diminishes the character slightly to have her SO much lower than the others. However, that is just my opinion.

I brought up the varying base height argument back when Ivy was first revealed and nobody seemed to have a problem with it. Using an acrylic riser on Ivy and hiding it with fake plants was suggested as a possible solution. Others were happy with having the option of staggering their Batman display.

I brought up the varying base height argument back when Ivy was first revealed and nobody seemed to have a problem with it. Using an acrylic riser on Ivy and hiding it with fake plants was suggested as a possible solution. Others were happy with having the option of staggering their Batman display.

Well I am not buying her so it won't be a problem for me. It was just an observation. However, I will say it is not a choice I would have made if I was a DC or SSC Public Relations person. Having one of DCs premier female villains standing head and shoulders BELOW her male counterparts??? Kind of a hinky signal to be sending out. Especially with their FIRST female PF.

I prefer bases that interact with the character so to speak like Poison Ivys plants or Dutches plants around his feet. That to me is better than a 2 or 3 inch silly base.

I prefer bases that interact with the character so to speak like Poison Ivys plants or Dutches plants around his feet. That to me is better than a 2 or 3 inch silly base.

I totally agree with the interactions. That is why I am happy that Joker is standing up on a Theater Stage, and Batman is on a gargoyle on a roof top. However, it wouldn't have taken much to raise her up JUST a little bit. 4 inches shorter than Bats is quit the difference.

I totally agree with the interactions. That is why I am happy that Joker is standing up on a Theater Stage, and Batman is on a gargoyle on a roof top. However, it wouldn't have taken much to raise her up JUST a little bit. 4 inches shorter than Bats is quit the difference.

It could be a little taller I agree but in hand it may not seem so OMG! :dunno

They wouldn't be the exact same height since the actual character heights would vary still.

And I honestly don't think this is an argument of short bases versus tall bases. It is an argument of consistency. If you're going to give the first two Batman characters tall bases then it should be a standard for the line. It's like how Sideshow gets really weird with their Avengers PFs, some featuring the giant A and some not having it.

Like with how Pop Culture Shock puts all their Street Fighter and retro Mortal Kombat statues on a plain black base. Imagine if they suddenly released a new character who was on a giant hot dog for a base. Even if that was relevant to the character and looked cool, it breaks up consistency of a line for no reason.

If they did a plain black base then everyone would be complaining that the bases were too plain.

You can't make everyone happy.

If it's such a huge deal that her base is shorter then don't buy her.

IMO it's fine the way it is, but hey, that's just me.

Back