please remove mods thanks!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Long shot.....ht tdk body and suit only needed

Hey guys thanks for all the encouraging words, i have really learned from this, If it is not broke dont fix it attitude it really felt like a kick in the nutters. It really looked good before i did anything but like a moron i had to get curious how to make it better. Well as a result to say the least it cost me. All i need now is the body everything else is fine.

I have damaged figures in the past, but that doesn't stop me from trying new customizations. In the end, the satisfaction of improving your displays with your own personal touch is well worth the risk.

You can already see some of the rubber tearing away from the fabric on that Medicom body. Look at the photo with the back and you can see the rubber is already pulled away from some of the tricep area.

I am sorry to hear about this man. Really sucks when after you modify a figure to make it look perfect in your eyes and then something like this happens. If you are brave enough to try this again may I suggest just regular Superglue... I have used it countless times on the HT, Takara and Medicom suits and it holds up to moving and I have never had something like this happen.
Do try and look on ebay for some loose pieces. Probably easier to do that then buy a new figure.

ouch, thats no good man, personally i would have left it alone. I've seen that happen before with high strength glues. we use this type of loctite brand super glue at work, and the stuff is so acidic, if you get it on your hands, it will burn and stick until you rip the skin off. a mate of mine tried to superglue together a hole in his polyester jacket, and as soon as it touched it, it started smoking, yes SMOKING it was burning it that much. hate to see what it would have done to the batman rubber :eek:

I've just read through this thread, and I don't know why, but it's making me laugh my head off...just the vision of someone modding a figure and the glue they use destroying it like acid or something...I think its because we're so used to looking up to Ultimate Mod Man who takes his figure apart, puts it together again, and hey-presto it looks so lifelike you could take its pulse. Then someone with bad English tries it, the glue he uses destroys it and he comes on here to whine about how it went wrong i can just see his face when $165 turns into ^^^^ in his hands i can't type anymore cause I'm laughing so much

Sorry man, no offence. How about a picture?

Last edited:

I just did the mod on mine and used Tamiya Cement, which is primarily used for plastic model kits like Gundam.

Its not very strong and I had to hold the suit in place for awhile before it starts to stick. Its also quite easy to pull out, should you need to re-glue it or do additional mods.

For your considerations, should you decide to mod your 2nd piece.

Back