Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fine, nothing I'd miss or don't already own in reg. format.

One last question before I hit the sack, does this thing do a good job upconverting standard DVDs? I really want to get rid of my current DVD player and just use the PS3 for both but still want to watch the standards in progressive scan.

Thanks, night.

:lecture

the only reviewer i trust is me, so thank god for blockbuster. i like to read ign and other sites/magazines, but i usually try everything out for myself when it comes to games or movies.

Well, it had lots of bad reviews, but I really wanted a spidey game, and while what they said was true (the camera controls made it a problem), it still was enjoyable to play. But I really wish they would have fixed that camera problem, it wasn't even a big problem either, it was just the automatic camera messing with the manual controls.

Hey, I just got offered a brand new in box PS3 for $200! :woo

And it comes with a 2 year international warranty! :rock

All I have to do is send this guy overseas I don't know a Western Union Money Order and he'll send it to me. :rolleyes:

Hey, I just got offered a brand new in box PS3 for $200! :woo

And it comes with a 2 year international warranty! :rock

All I have to do is send this guy overseas I don't know a Western Union Money Order and he'll send it to me. :rolleyes:

And I thought my price was good!

Why aren't you jumping all over this?

Oh yeah, it's a scam :emperor

Well my 40th birthday is coming up so I think I'll treat myself and get a PS3. The Amazon deal for $500 looks good right now with all the free Bluray DVDs and no sales tax.

Just started playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 on PS3. All I can say is holy **** this game is intense!!! Im loving every minute of it! and the graphics are awesome!

So do I buy a PS3 from Amazon now and get the extra couple free DVDs (I think that promotion ends soon) or wait until closer to Christmas. I'm itching to get one so I'm ready when Unreal Tournament III comes out in November.

So do I buy a PS3 from Amazon now and get the extra couple free DVDs (I think that promotion ends soon) or wait until closer to Christmas. I'm itching to get one so I'm ready when Unreal Tournament III comes out in November.
Oh dude, UT3 is gonna be SICK!! :rock

Get it now for the Blu-Rays they look beautiful.

The only concrete news was at the Toyko Games con couple weeks ago where Sony said there would NOT be a price drop anytime soon.

Sounds like (from G4 TV) the next PS3 iteration will have 2 less USB ports and will not play PS2 games (but will probably a bigger hard drive for what that's worth).

That said, others have theorized that around the holidays there may or may not be a price drop.

Thinking that there will not be a price drop on PS3 come Christmas time is just dumb.

Back