Plastic bags and toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InebriatedGnome

Super Freak
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but I've been wondering if storing toys and parts in resealable plastic bags is at all bad for the paint or plastic. I ask because I keep a lot of my smaller vinyl and soft plastic figures in small sandwich bags, and since most of them are made for display I'd like to have them around for a long time.

This might be a stupid question, but I've been wondering if storing toys and parts in resealable plastic bags is at all bad for the paint or plastic. I ask because I keep a lot of my smaller vinyl and soft plastic figures in small sandwich bags, and since most of them are made for display I'd like to have them around for a long time.

it depends the quality & material of the bag. i would avoid glossy/super clear bags as they tend to have reaction with other plastic when come in prolonged contact especially under pressure. i put individual figures inside those zip bags and try to push out as much as as i can. but what i understand is these bags aren't 100% seal unless you buy high quality ones, when you put air inside the bag, it loses most of the air inside after some time. make sure your figures are dry and your hands dry before handling them.

Back