PIRP Toys Police Inspector Outfit Set w/ Bonus Sculpt & Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PIRP Toys (Gordan) Inspector Outfit Set w/ Bonus Sculpt & Body

Thought I had learnt my lesson a few disappointing clothing sets back. At a £103 pounds I am pissed, not to mention the mood of the Wife who has listened to me moan about set all day!!!

I feel your pain, the quality on the clothing on this set was terrible, I had to pass mine on. Just hoping for hot toys to release one

They have the perfect opportunity to do so since they have a Bat Signal coming out soon. I wish they would just listen to us fans & customers and make it happen.

Got mine today. Boy am I a feeling like an idiot. Was watching it on Ebay like a lot of people when it came down to 3 sets left and it had a $30 price hike I panicked and bought it. Not happy with it. The shoes are shocking, block heels like something Tom Cruise would wear along with the Police badge wallet which bears no resemblance to the promo photos.Pistol is re-cast crap too. It looked like a Gotham PD badge in the promo photos and when it arrives its a recast PD generic shield. Collars on shirts are massive and trousers and overcoat are poor quailty Glasses are crap. No certifiacate of 1 of 200 present either.

I would not feel to bad as its either this or nothing as Hot Toys as stated that they do not have any thing planed for Gordon. Unless you want to try and kit bash this yourself if you can even find all the parts it was not that bad of a move

I made three mods to mine, and am perfectly happy with it.

- Removed snaps from overcoat
- Switched out the shoes
- Went with a black tie

To address some of the specific problems others have found, my collar is well proportioned, the gun is sharply detailed, but the badge is generic. Overall, I would put the tailoring on par with the Dent set. The glasses look better at arms length than the HT ones in my opinion, but are still not great. That the overcoat wrinkles easily and is slightly thinner material than I would have preferred, is my main gripe. I got mine from Cotswold for $160 with the figure, and am pretty satisfied with it.

Here's a photo I took before I executed the snap removal:

signal_zpsff08da37.jpg

Last edited:

Got mine today. Boy am I a feeling like an idiot. Was watching it on Ebay like a lot of people when it came down to 3 sets left and it had a $30 price hike I panicked and bought it. Not happy with it. The shoes are shocking, block heels like something Tom Cruise would wear along with the Police badge wallet which bears no resemblance to the promo photos.Pistol is re-cast crap too. It looked like a Gotham PD badge in the promo photos and when it arrives its a recast PD generic shield. Collars on shirts are massive and trousers and overcoat are poor quailty Glasses are crap. No certifiacate of 1 of 200 present either.

Lesson to be learned: DONT BUY JACK **** FROM CHINA! not worth the risk because its probably going to be fake.

all that said, the set was barely worth $120 with a body when i paid for it. so buyers do carefully consider your kitbashing options!

i must've said this about ten times in this thread.

Lesson to be learned: DONT BUY JACK **** FROM CHINA! not worth the risk because its probably going to be fake.

I might, just might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure all Hot Toys product come from China. :rotfl

Anyway..
Personally, I like this set. Mines is set up in the interrogation room with a laughing joker.

Here are a photos of a couple of the pieces in the set that I think are poor. Stripped shirts collar is just way to big. Shoes are bad but easily replaced. The box photo is just for other members to let me know if theirs are the same. I don't think the set is a copy??

Thanks for the tips "The Batman Proffesor" I may try them if I decide to keep the set. I am thinking of moving it on although I do have the option of a refund from the seller. Not sure which way to go.

I had preordered him from Cotsworld collectibles...i am very happy with the result. I just replaced the stock metal bendable glasses.

DSC_0494_zpsf78ac195.jpg

DSC_0496_zps7a0ed549.jpg

firefighteruk yes the box in the photo is the official pirp packaging...

There is always the option of ZCWO clothing set for you that don't like pirp set...

DSC_0495_zpsb4a20344.jpg

When did he wear the PIRP set in the movie? I think the ZCWO is more accurate. Is that the HT head you have on him? ^^^

When did he wear the PIRP set in the movie? I think the ZCWO is more accurate. Is that the HT head you have on him? ^^^

I think at the end...yes it is hottoys head!

dark_knight_rises_commissioner_gordon_bat_signal_1920x1080_43426.jpg

I think at the end...yes it is hottoys head!

Oh ok, at the very end when he discovers the repaired Bat Signal. Can't see how long the coat is but you might be right! He seems to have been wearing the ZCWO throughout the rest of the film after getting out of the hospital.

Thanks for the info chemspawn. Is the ZCWO clothing set still available??

Nope, came out before the PIRP, sold out long ago. Everyone's hoping for a new Gordon figure at this point, if HT changes their minds.

i believe you can still get it parted out on ebay and toy anxiety has the jacket.

i got the tdkr-accurate stuff to go with the PIRP and i'm pretty happy (and done) with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back