Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Actually, i screwed up, I forgot, she's totally in officer's uniform for the end fight, but it's loose and all. I forgot she has pants on because I noticed in that scene it made her legs look thicker than normal, and you can see in the pick The Mike posted that she has a regular shirt on as well, so it's a totally new outfit.

Just seen AWE. Wow, it was good. Now I want them all! :lol

I DID get Cap'n Jack for Christmas! Woo Hoo! My first Hot Toys figure. Can't wait to open him, but now it is off to Grandma's for more X-mas goodness. :D

I want a figure of Elizabeth in that maroon dress so badly. I love it. And that's the outfit I think of when I think of her from Curse of the Black Pearl.

I want a figure of Elizabeth in that maroon dress so badly. I love it. And that's the outfit I think of when I think of her from Curse of the Black Pearl.

My fav Elizabeth scene was in AWE where she is standing there with... ahhh crap Orlanda Bloom's character... WILL TURNER! There yeah go, anyway, her leg is out and exposed wearing the big boot. That was hot!

Hey, I am a leg guy, what can I say? Anyone have a shot at that scene?

I think that was a nice seen even for people who aren't leg guys. :lol

I'm a leg and Keira guy, that scene made me HATE Orlando Bloom, more than normal lol.

If they made figures from the first movie I might be interested, but everything from 2 and 3 is just a reminder of how awful those movies were.

Hey, I am a leg guy, what can I say? Anyone have a shot at that scene?

For you and the rest of my fellow Swan fans :)

screenshot_01.jpg

screenshot_02.jpg

screenshot_03.jpg

screenshot_04.jpg

screenshot_05.jpg

screenshot_06.jpg

screenshot_07.jpg

Maulfan, I salute you. :maul

Just so you guys can see why I go off about Jack's jacket, here's a picture of the prototype jacket.

ref5-6589.jpg

It was the best done so far, though still not totally right, and it got changed for some reason I'll never understand.

As I stated earlier today, I got Cap'n Jack for Christmas. This is my first Hot Toys figure ever, so Jack had a lot of weight on his shoulders. Luckily for Hot Toys, I am impressed. The quality is definately better than Sideshow, not worth double or more the price, but definately worth a bit more. I'm sure the whole "imported" thing adds to the figure cost as well. Nevertheless, Jack is a museum quality figure.

The only thing I really dislike, and this is more of just a personal thing, is how much "assembly required" there is on his outfit. I can't think of a Sideshow figure where anything more than a Jedi robe is needed to be put on by the customer. The little do-dads on his belt is mostly what I am refering to. At least some instructions would have been nice. I had to scan the box art and my NECA figure for some guidance. Then there isn't really a good way to attach them. In the end I got them in an acceptable place. I also got the sash in approxamitly the right pose. I'm not a huge futzer like others (don't dare do the water treatment after hearing disasterous results with the Dead figures) but I do try to get my figures as good looking as possible with minimal altering

The body does seem to have that indesribable human feel to it. Jack moves like Jack would. I don't think I could get that classic drunken Jack walk look with a Sideshow body. The bonus (not listed anywhere) rum bottle just seal's the character's look. While some my not like it, I do like the little name plate on the stand. I wish all of my figures had one because some people may recognize a character (or name) but not know their name (or what they look like). It would also help people see the difference in multiple figures like Jason Voorhees if they listed them like Jason pt. 3, etc.

I am also very pleased he is in scale with Sideshow. That is the main reason I refuse to get any Medicom figure - they just wouldn't fit in with the collection. Jack, though, only stands out in my collection because he is probably the most well known character in it besides some of the Star Wars ones.

Now I just hope I can afford Cannibal Jack and Barbossa and Jones when they are made. And my ideal Jack display would be to build the mast of his little ship from his grand entrance in the original film and have it in some water-like base. I know he is in his DMC/AWE outfit, but only use freaks would know the difference. :lol

. And my ideal Jack display would be to build the mast of his little ship from his grand entrance in the original film and have it in some water-like base. I know he is in his DMC/AWE outfit, but only use freaks would know the difference. :lol

You've seen the Koto statue, right??

jacksink.gif

It's pretty much exactly what you're looking for. I think technically it's 1/5 scale, but they're so close to 1/6, it's almost the same thing.

I am also very pleased he is in scale with Sideshow. That is the main reason I refuse to get any Medicom figure - they just wouldn't fit in with the collection. Jack, though, only stands out in my collection because he is probably the most well known character in it besides some of the Star Wars ones.

Unfortunately, his scale is an issue with the rest of the line. Jack/Depp should be basically the same height as the Elizabeth figure and is not, but sadly I believe Hot Toys only has one sized male body so Jack towers over Elizabeth and it just doesn't feel right, and likewise the Will Turner will tower over her as well because he'll have the same body as Jack. It's not a great body, but I do like that Sideshow has somewhat a range of heights to their bodies. For kicks I put the HT Jack head on the shoulder of Medi Jack and the body proportions were just about right for Depp and the Medi is the right height compared to Elizabeth.

...the Will Turner will tower over her as well because he'll have the same body as Jack...

:banghead Now I have to buy a HT Jack since Will is likely going to tower over Elizabeth and my Medi Jack...

:banghead Now I have to buy a HT Jack since Will is likely going to tower over Elizabeth and my Medi Jack...

Here are some images for you to decide, but size is significant to me, albeit not a large difference but Jack just feels really big to me. He even towers a bit over Sao Feng, and it's not just because of the hat, and Sao, Elizabeth, and Will should all be roughtly the same height, Barbossa and Jones can be Jack's size and in proportion.

1.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg

0011766.jpg

Here's a film image show. If you put Barbossa in Jack's place in the image above, and Jack shorter in Sao's space, it'd work perfectly, but the difference in height kills that.

normal_1a.jpg

Why is Sao so much shorter? Maybe Will will be his height... Anyway, Jack's height compared to Elizabeth doesn't really bother me, even if it isn't quite accurate to the film. What is going to bother me is Jack being shorter than Will. Maybe I'll just wait until Will comes out and if he is too tall get the second version of Jack (since that smirking sculpt is nice) and use the jacket and hat from my Medicom Jack... Damn this hobby can get complicated. Thanks for the comparison pics.

You've seen the Koto statue, right??

jacksink.gif

It's pretty much exactly what you're looking for. I think technically it's 1/5 scale, but they're so close to 1/6, it's almost the same thing.

Yeah I've seen it. That is exactly what I am thinking of though. I think it would look a lot better with the Hot Toys Jack.

Back