Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

The production quality of Hot Toys is amazing, but this Pirates line has really highlight some flaws with their base body, from shoulder widths to heights, and even just the limits of a single height base body. Sad thing is I don't see them changing their ways. These figures may not all realistically stand next to each other and feel like they're off the film, but at least the quality of their appearance is sharp.

*Sigh* Looks like I might not be doing the Pirates line after all if that's how this is gonna turn out.

Just had a chance to look at the other image, yikes, Will looks TALLER than Jack :google

DSCN2932.jpg

I hope some more photos pop up before I have to yay or nay him, because if he's that gigantic I may pass, that's just insane.

That's about the biggest goof I've ever seen HT do. Really unacceptable.

You can't even saw off those legs because his arms will be down to his knees!

Thats a good point... hadn't noticed how long the arms would be if you tried to alter it. Luckily this was a figure I wasn't interested in.

DSCN2934.jpg

DSCN2932.jpg

WTF?!?!!?!?

He cant possibly be that big?? He looks to be a large as a Predator:google

Dare I say, could Hot Toys be slipping of late. Will's enormous, the ALIEN figures look misproportioned, have they spent too much time with creatures or something. The irony would be if Davy Jones came out short.

Dare I say, could Hot Toys be slipping of late. Will's enormous, the ALIEN figures look misproportioned, have they spent too much time with creatures or something. The irony would be if Davy Jones came out short.

I would seriously be pissed if Davy was a shrimp... that would be a deal breaker for sure!

I'm curious if the texture is still there on Will. It doesn't look it. It just looks one color, solid and flat. The facial hair doesn't look all that good either. Plus he's HUGE!

Luckily this was a figure I wasn't interested in.

Me too. Passed on all but Cannibal Jack and Davy.

I hope Davy is correct height to Jack at least. I can assume that Cannibal Jack will be the same height as Reg Jack -- time to cut off those leg extenders!

I hope HT solves this before they offer another Will and Eliz that I do want.

I guess you could always swap out bodies...but even Will's clothing is LARGE!

Me too. Passed on all but Cannibal Jack and Davy.

I hope Davy is correct height to Jack at least. I can assume that Cannibal Jack will be the same height as Reg Jack -- time to cut off those leg extenders!

I hope HT solves this before they offer another Will and Eliz that I do want.

I guess you could always swap out bodies...but even Will's clothing is LARGE!

Ya, his sleeves are baggy for the coat on this body, I can't imagine a swap working out too well.

I'm torn, I love the Pirates movies, and by himself, Will still looks real nice, but the inability to mix well into the line and other things I'd like to get has me thinking I should pass. I still have some time to decide I guess.

I'm torn, I love the Pirates movies, and by himself, Will still looks real nice, but the inability to mix well into the line and other things I'd like to get has me thinking I should pass. I still have some time to decide I guess.

I decided to hold out for a different version of Will and Eliz, since my immediate must-haves were Davy and Jack...

But this height issue does make one second-guess the whole line. I mean, as a display, you HAVE to have your characters together. It's ridiculous this difference. Like the Medicom and SS thing, but by the same company. That's really inexcuseable. It's a set -- a line -- they need to be relatively in proportion. But Jack, Will and Eliz are all over the place.

Now I fear that cancellations will result in no further POTC figures. Of course, if they're all different sizes, then I guess I won't be getting them anyway.

And please don't say that about ALIEN :monkey2 They can't be wrong, they just can't.

Well, as is often said around here, actions speak louder than words. Maybe if enough people bail on Will and keep Jack, HT will take the hint.

Well we can only hope... I'm in the same boat for Will and Elizabeth. I wouldn't mind having figures of them, but I'd prefer different versions than these.

I'm not liking what's going on with this line. Getting worried. No excuses, ESPECIALLY for this price point.

Just ordered my first version Jack from a dealer on amazon.com and with a $40 coupon I had I got it for $67.. woo hoo.

Yep, definitely gonna have to get a Hot Toys Jack. Medi Jack will look like a baby next to Will. On the bright side...I may have found some figures that won't look bad next to my 13" Batman and co.

Yep, definitely gonna have to get a Hot Toys Jack. Medi Jack will look like a baby next to Will. On the bright side...I may have found some figures that won't look bad next to my 13" Batman and co.

I guess there is always a bright side :rotfl

Wow . . . he's really BIG in those shots. Hopefully some better pics will clarify the matter, because, WOW! Quite the stature on that man!

I don't think he's actually taller than Jack -- Jack seems to have his knees bent in the picture above. He does look too tall in comparison with Elizabeth, though.

Back