Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I don't have it, but unless the Koto Pirates are different from their Star Wars line, they're more like 1/7 scale.

Yeah, i had koto sparrow and it wasn't 1/6 scale.

So these were lost in the grander scheme of Jack's official specs but I'll still throw them up in case anyone's interested, I may get Blackbeard to hold me over for 1/6 version.

PiratesCOS.jpg

PiratesCos2.jpg

PiratesCos3.jpg

PiratesCos4.jpg

PiratesCos5.jpg

PiratesCos6.jpg

PiratesCos7.jpg

I have to say, from the proto pics, this looks to be HT best figure to date.

They got the hat proportions right on the cosbaby Jack but not the 1/6 :lol

PiratesCos6.jpg

Now we know for sure that HT are aware of this character's existence. :D :D :D

I thought it came from the name "Vinnie Barbarino", a pirate that terrorized the greater New York area back in the 1970's...

:monkey1

Welcome back Kotter!!!
NICE man.loved Horshack and Washington etc.lol

HT really did an amazing job on Davy, other than maybe making him taller, I can't imagine HT doing better if they made him today.

HT really did an amazing job on Davy, other than maybe making him taller, I can't imagine HT doing better if they made him today.

Yeah I really cant see HT doing much different now with him even to todays standards. The height issue isnt as bad has I had expected! I must say he is somewhat of a grail for me, since prices for him now on the second market has been ridiculous.

Yeah I really cant see HT doing much different now with him even to todays standards. The height issue isnt as bad has I had expected! I must say he is somewhat of a grail for me, since prices for him now on the second market has been ridiculous.

I remember when he came out he wasn't that warmly received and he stayed pretty cheap for a long time... too bad I wasn't smart enough to get him then. :(

Last edited:

The whole original POTC line was met with little fanfare because of HT's poor choices and release schedule, it never had momentum. I really hope they do POTC right and maybe we can even get some more figures from the first 3 if it does well enough.

I remember when he cam out he wasn't that warmly received and he stayed pretty cheap for a long time... too bad i wasn't smart enough to get him then. :(

I had always wanted to pick him up but for some reason I was like..."Hey Ill just pick him up later for cheaper." :rotfl Wow did that attitude kick me in the nuts! Now, if its a character that I feel Im remotely interested in and think I may want to get him, I take the plunge. I can always change my mind and sell something and at least get my money back 99% of the time with these HT.

Now I just need to track down a Captain Dallas HT now. :rotfl

Back