PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pics. If this line ever gets off the ground, people will be tripping over themselves to get this PF.

I agree. As this line continues to build people will be trying very hard to get this piece.

We've just added this bad boy to the CTR PA

_MG_3126.jpg

Cool Toy Review SSC LOTR Photo Archive

I just scored a Frodo on the Bay for $190 shipped and I can't wait! Now if I can only get a deal on Lurtz!

The Ringer said:
I just scored a Frodo on the Bay for $190 shipped and I can't wait! Now if I can only get a deal on Lurtz!

I sold my Lurtz Exclusive but there are plenty of deals. Keep looking and you will find one. I hope you enjoy your Frodo, it is an awesome statue. The more I look at it, the more I want to keep the replacement coming. The cloth and leather are outstanding as is the gold ring on the chain around his neck. They didn't hold back on this one and it's a true PF. It would probably even look better next to the Cave Troll LS Bust.

Interesting, the pommel on that Sting looks bent (the right side - our left), is that just the camera angle? :confused:

LOTRFan said:
Interesting, the pommel on that Sting looks bent (the right side - our left), is that just the camera angle? :confused:

Funny you should mention a bent Sting. While putting Frodo back in his packaging for return, I for the life of me could not get past getting Sting by the styrofoam top. It simply did not fit because the length of the styrofoam cutout was not long enough. I can see where Sting could easily be bent either removing or replacing the styro top. I wound up getting an exacto knife and cutting about a 1/4 inch of the styrofoam away so Sting would be able to slide back up into the packaging. I also had big problems removing the base from the styrofoam insert. It was wedged in there so tight, it took two hands and a lot of force to get it out. Luckily it finally came loose. The packaging was in no way a good fit for this statue and anyone attempting to reseal it will have a helluva time.

For me, the base was the most difficult part to get past. On mine it was really really snug. To get it out, I actually have to pull on the pegs. No real problems with sting though.

Finally picked one of these up. Definitely a 'must have' with the new Gandalf coming..

Got a Great Deal from the Godfather!! Thanks!

Frodo1.jpg

Frodo11.jpg

Frodo2.jpg

Frodo21.jpg

Frodo3.jpg

Frodo4.jpg

Frodobase.jpg

FrodoFeet.jpg

FrodoRing.jpg

FrodoSheath.jpg

Okay, so the mouth was really p!ss!ing me off. And the eye, while not as bad as most I've seen, was still a bit off.

Before and After comparison pics:

comparison.jpg

I am sorry but this guy still does not float my boat. I want to like him, I have tried to like him, yet every time I see a new picture I almost have to look away. His clothes are fantastic but the sculpt isn't great. I want a new Frodo to be made even though I know it will never happen, I can still hope. :monkey2

It's not the best LOTR piece ever but it's a goood piece. Really much better in person I think.

Back