PF Buffy hair fix?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's one for BTboystoys, with a reminder that they're girlstoys, too! :)

269529207_6933b66370.jpg

bigger original at:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/anna_thetical/

...along with a 1024x768 version, among other things.

Cool pic.:cool:

It's a shame the boobs and the hair look so wonky, the sculpt of this face is perfect. They really captured the soulful Buffy with the weight of saving the world on her shoulders.

Ok, I just started thinking, should I be getting my PF Buffy from Sideshow direct?
I live in Australia and there's the "30 day return since original date of shipping" So if I did unfortunately get a faulty one, whats the chance I would EVER make the shipping return date? Or is the return policy different for international customers?
Can someone fill me in or let me know if what I'm doing is wise or what the deal is?
:confused:Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but this is what I've heard will occur...Depending on the extent of the damage, Sideshow will either send you a replacement part or a whole new statue. If Sideshow decides to send you a new statue, you will be asked to smash your damaged statue into little pieces, take a picture of it, and then send Sideshow the pic.

Last edited:
BillyBudd said:
I could be wrong, but this is what I've heard will occur...Depending on the extent of the damage, Sideshow will either send you a replacement part or a whole new statue. If Sideshow decides to send you a new statue, you will be asked to smash your damaged statue into little pieces, take a picture of it, and then send Sideshow the pic.

Smash up Buffy!? Oh the horror!!:eek

Seems like I got charged for the second payment for this yesterday, $142 taken from my card by Sideshow, guess that includes shipping. Still no notice though.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order for the FlexPay Buffy Summers Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Exclusive (item #71571FLEX) from our Premium Format Buffy the Vampire Slayer Collection! We appreciate your patience in awaiting the arrival of this limited edition, sold out item.

We will begin transferring this item to our EU warehouse next week and you should expect to receive an e-mail containing your invoice at that time. Please note that you will receive tracking information for this item within 15 business days of the receipt of your invoice.

Thank you for your patience during this transfer of product and we congratulate you on being one of our confirmed customers for this limited edition item!

Buffy's coming!!:chew :monkey5
Err... I mean... She's on her way:monkey3 :monkey1 :eek: :D

Im thinking about cancelling mine and ordering it elsewhere for a better price overall. I wont get the excl but it should save me quite alot of money. Still I need those BLASTED PICS!:monkey4 :emperor
What to do?:confused:

BDboystoys said:
Im thinking about cancelling mine and ordering it elsewhere for a better price overall. I wont get the excl but it should save me quite alot of money. Still I need those BLASTED PICS!:monkey4 :emperor
What to do?:confused:

It's a shame isn't it BD...That SS can charge you, and post you out something, that you can't even see proper production photos of...Granted, that the "prototype" pictures look pretty good, and the PF are usually spot on to those....But, as we all know, this particular piece has had some tinkering (supposedly..) done to it...and it would be nice of SS to post THOSE pics, before sending the actual statue out to anyone....

darth dyp**** said:
It's a shame isn't it BD...That SS can charge you, and post you out something, that you can't even see proper production photos of...Granted, that the "prototype" pictures look pretty good, and the PF are usually spot on to those....But, as we all know, this particular piece has had some tinkering (supposedly..) done to it...and it would be nice of SS to post THOSE pics, before sending the actual statue out to anyone....

Yeah exactly. PLus I want to see the production paint apps. Afew PF's have have been dissapointing in that front. Wish they'd hurry up with that 'photo session', taking a long while, and were so short on time.
Btw, do you hv the exclusive on order from SS?

BDboystoys said:
Yeah exactly. PLus I want to see the production paint apps. Afew PF's have have been dissapointing in that front. Wish they'd hurry up with that 'photo session', taking a long while, and were so short on time.
Btw, do you hv the exclusive on order from SS?

I did, but, after seeing the photos from the SDCC, I cancelled...But, if the new photos (when they Finally show up..:rolleyes: ), show a really good/accurate statue, I will probably jump right back on a wait list, and cross my fingers.

I ordered mine from someone else just for that reason! She is probably the hardest PF to make right.. and the thought of saving cash on a "what if" really apealed to me.

Hopefully we see something soon!

Well for the sake of those of you who ordered it and kept your order not even knowing what the final product will look like, I hope she turns out great. I do think it's very disappointing that Sideshow made statements that there would be updated photos before she was shipped and then never followed through with it. I also wonder how many cancellations they've had because people didn't want to take a chance and wait and see what they get.

Cancelling it from Sideshow, and ordering it else where. I was looking at the excl Book and its not something I'm going to mind not having. Plus saving an extra $70 or so is always good.
:D
But I do feel quite betrayed by SS. They promised pics and we werent given them. By the time we DO get them, CC's will have been charged not doubt. Not happy about that:monkey2 Here's to hoping its looks tops!*raises imaginary glass*

Okay, you guys, I'm gonna tell you a little story about the Buffy PF production sample, and you can choose to believe it or not - but I SWEAR it's true, and we didn't forget about the Buffy fans!!

So, back 3 or 4 weeks ago when we found out exactly when the Buffy would be coming in, I went in search of the final, final production sample to schedule it in the queu for photography. I found out it had been sent back overseas to the production facility with one minor fix to perfect it for the production run. They said that it would be back 'soon' - so I held out hope that we would still be able to get pics in time... but I just found out (literally... JUST found out today) that the sample is being shipping back the main shipment of figures to our warehouse.

Not a problem, I thought... there's usually a backup....

Now, it just so happens that our production manager, Scott Klauder, has little bit of a history of being clumsy (shhh, don't tell anyone!), and guess what, the only other sample we had on hand (which wasn't even the final, final... it was the one that we showed at Con) got broken quite a while ago! (seriously, this is not just a lame excuse)... direct from Scott Klauder: "Tell them I have failed them, and I'm sorry." :monkey2

Soooooo, long story short, no production samples have been in the building for a long time - only the protoype, which you've already seen! But I PROMISE that I tried my hardest to to update pics before the shipment, just sometimes the world works against me - AND please remember that you can ALWAYS return your item for a full refund within 30 days after it's delivered if you don't like it :duff

Back