People born between 1975-1985

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't forget this guy. doubles as an 8-track player.

2xl2.jpg

Tiger games... man did those things suck :lol

They sure looked badass, but it doesn't get much worse than one of those :lol

I once knew a kid who didn't have a NES... but every time he saw his grandma she would give him $20 and he'd buy one of these damn games. He had at least 20 Tiger games.

I always wondered why he wouldn't just try and save up that money and buy a NES rather than keep getting those crappy games.

More like 70-80. Born in 85 would be 2 years after Return of the Jedi was released. Most of the movies you mentioned came before 85. Those kids would have been babies then. All and all a good retrospective on your part.

I loved this thing. I played it till my fingers bled.
iPhoto.jpg

It looks like it pre-dates me by 8 years. Must have been my dad's or something.

Born in 81. Definately noticed the huge leaps and bounds that technology has taken. I'm a big gamer and used to love the old stuff.....as it was still new, but I can't play the old stuff anymore as it's just such a huge difference to modern stuff. We always wanted better and better graphics. Well we've got em now so why go back?:cuckoo:

On a more serious note - I get the impression that a lot of kids nowadays hardly get out of the house anymore or have real friends cause they have it all online. It seems that a large portion don't really live in the real world anymore!

And is it just me or are the kids getting more brutal and violent with each generation?
When I was in school and had a fight it was an unspoken rule that once the other guy's down it's over. Kids today will stomp on your head beyond the point of recognition! And then they'll film it with ther phones and brag and show it around. Same kind of story with bullies - they'd stick your head in the toilet, give you a wedgie, dead-arm/leg - but now they'll beat the living ____ out of you and (once again) film it to share and brag about.

remember back in the day when you wanted satellite TV you had to have one of these babies in your backyard?

phx70sfeaturessatellitedish.jpg

We still have one :horror We no longer use it though. I remember seeing lots of xrated material thanks to that haha. Even when my parents blocked it, there was still a way around it, kind of. You flip back and forth between that channel and another and get like 1 seconds worth of action each time. We also took the box to this guy down the street every time the channels got scrambled. I never got out of the car because I remember he had a small gator in his pool :dunno

If I could, I would relive my childhood without even changing a thing.

*** OH YEA. Who could forget Willy Wonka!?

Last edited:
Back