PCS The Thing 1/6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guess they made their numbers and they dont see they are going to make profit from this or the risk is too high.

What a pity, I was going to buy it for sure.

Wow, I hope they reconsider. They have a solid looking figure here and with a tweak here and there it can be a real home run.

I might not know what the guys in the industry do, but as an outsider looking in I'd think that the 1/6 market is at it's all time peak right now. It's a bubble that will probably burst, but I don't see it bursting this year or even next.

Well I'm sure Thing wasn't going to sell anything like Iron Man or Star Wars, but I would think prolly better than SONS.

Wow, I hope they reconsider. They have a solid looking figure here and with a tweak here and there it can be a real home run.

I might not know what the guys in the industry do, but as an outsider looking in I'd think that the 1/6 market is at it's all time peak right now. It's a bubble that will probably burst, but I don't see it bursting this year or even next.

Agreed. The figure has problems, but I think from where it started it was a big improvement. Much better than SSC's attempt at a Russell.

Last edited:
Jerry is definitley blind when it comes to logistical financial choices....

he probably saw how bad sons did and said nope, no more 12 inch figures lmao

Or it could be the epic amount of mass produced unlicensed figures coming from China. No constraints, approval requirements or royalties. Going to be hard to compete in the future for any licensed company.

And there's always bootlegs coming out at a crazy rate. Just look at SSC's Wolverine. It was out before the official one.

Well I'm sure Thing wasn't going to sell anything like Iron Man or Star Wars, but I would think prolly better than SONS.

Yeah, I'd think so too... bummer. I was looking forward to this one and the Darkness they teased from Legend.

I'm not surprised. The prototypes weren't great with zero updates for months. PCS is a statue company. They saw the coin HT was making and wanted some too. And failed.

Why did they drop the ball on this then? Is the 12" market really collapsing? My guess is there are now so many companies trying to get a slice of the pie that its made the 1/6 market to ultra competitive for some smaller companies.

Last edited:
The problem is in the name. Twelve inches market? Sounds like 90's.
It says a lot about how this company treats the actual one sixth scale market.

Back