PCS Halloween License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes he stated that but thats the problem,, it does not look like that. it looks like resurrection, you are the only person on here so far that i can see that says h4 most people here and on statue forum all say resurrection, it does not matter what silent surfer based it off what matters is what it turned out like, it turned out like the resurrection mask as stated by most on here. its easy to say people you know agree with you and i am not saying its not true or anything but on these forums and the statue forums all i see is people saying resurrection just like myself and those photos do not lie. if i had a picture of you and tried to draw it and the final result was a picture that looked like leonardo di caprio does that mean that it still looks like you just because its based off you, no. whatever mask its based off or whatever mask the artist tried to do does not matter, what matters is the final result and that is a mask that looks more like resurrection

The Resurrection mask looks like it tried to emulate features of the Shatner.

With heir that's closer to Resurrection and what seems like changes in form from the shaping process referenced by SS, I think the overall effect gives the impression of Resurrection, if you look closely you can see the Shatner in there, but at quick glance, too much is off about the head to feel like Nick Castle in costume.

We all have our opinions and all have our choice of what it looks like. But either way it does look good but not H1 accurate as I would of liked to see but oh well but then again PCS takes forever and this will be like a grand so I know I ain't going to purchase for those reasons alone I am not made of money.

What is they have switch out options that have both.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I love that Myers is so hard to get right, it adds to the allure. Everyone gets fired up about him but we all want the same thing. Let’s hope PCS fixes the sculpt, sounds like they are already in process.

Even if they get it perfect...I have no room for it.

Bring out the 1/6 dolly already please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The argument of whether the sculpt comes from H4 or H8 is pointless.

This piece is an H1. Clearly, they are going for the scene at the top of the staircase of the Doyle's house.

Even trying to replicate the H1 mask on a stand would be incorrect. It's much too wide:

mm1.jpg

It needs to look like the scene they're going for. When the actor wore the mask it tapered around his face and was narrower:

halloween-kirk-mask-promotional.jpg

I hope it's fixed.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned before, but that bed sheet is tiny. LOL!
If this 1/3 Michael wore that thing it would look like he was using a bath towel.

No matter what they do everyone will not be happy.

The mask also looks like it should be tapered from the ear line to the chin. Looks too wide for the Nick Castel appearance. Nick had a longish head giving it that unique stretch. Here's a pick of the old McFarlane I repainted a while back. Looks closer to the H1 stretch and how the neck area flares out. Hopefully PCS gets it right. Also the lips look too stretched laterally and the eye cuts appear off. I too am getting a Resurrection vibe from it.

Attachments

• 1 mm 11.jpg
    1 mm 11.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 156
It should look like this.
540632442a0d61e65cb272241cd12623.jpg

Yes, it should look LIKE THE PIC HERE. THIS is how the sculpt should look

Is the on the stairs preview pic a joke? That sculpt looks AWFUL. It looks like it's from one of the lesser cheesy Halloween films. Either do a part 1 or 2 sculpt or don't do it at all. There's too much competition in the statue world to give us subpar sculpts. Who has EVER wanted a Halloween 8 sculpt? No one!

This is an exact shot from the movie in the location this statue is based on, best reference for how the mask looked at that moment.

Yup. That's the scene. That's what it should look like.
Obviously, they will need to put more details into the mask but they have lots of reference pics to do it.

They can always make this and a Busta Rymes 2 pack LOL.
In all seriousness though, they should be able to fix it. McFarlane and NECA had done decent sculpts over a decade ago. IMO NECA really nailed the H4 poster look.

Attachments

• 4123HR3M15L.jpg
    4123HR3M15L.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 123
Back