PC thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For older games I would use gog.com. They work right out of the "box".

Yeah, I'm going to buy Crusader: No Remorse / Regret from them. Unfortunately, they don't have Dark Forces.

Oh well, I'll be reading some guides on Steam for making the most out of Dark Forces. It's not a huge problem, since I used to mess with DOS Box all the time but got lazy / spoiled with consoles.

Lookin' good. Make sure to post pics. we don't have enough pics in this thread.

Completely forgot to do that so here goes. Crappy pic incoming.

13625563003_83b127bae0_b.jpg

Someone get this new card and let me know how it is. :lol

https://www.evga.com/Products/Produ...Force+TITAN+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+TITAN+Z

GeForce GTX TITAN Z is a gaming monster, built to power the most extreme gaming rigs on the planet. With a massive 5760 cores, 12 GB of 7 Gbps GDDR5 memory, and the most advanced power delivery system, GTX TITAN Z offers truly insane performance. It's easily the fastest graphics card we've ever made.

GTX TITAN Z is designed with the highest-grade components to deliver the best experience - incredible speed and cool, quiet performance-all in a stunningly crafted aluminum case.

The groundbreaking dual-GPU GTX TITAN Z uses new dynamic power balancing technology that ensures peak performance across two GPUs with optimal power delivery. This means you can game on multi-monitor displays and hyper PCs at high setting and super-fast frame rates. With support for NVIDIA SLI, you can even add a second card and immerse yourself in graphically intense games like Watch Dogs in full 4K Surround.

A lot of these cards are too much for even current games unless you plan on using a 4k monitor or a 3 monitor set up. I currently run a 780 TI with a 27 inch dell ultrasharp 2560x1440 and I can run any game at that res with Ultra settings.

Yeah I use the 780ti's in sli and with the way they're porting them over from the new consoles (although with mods it can be a different story) we need games that can push these modern GPU's. How old is Crisys 3 and it's pretty much the standard go to test game. Of course good drivers can play a big part too.

Last edited:
Guys, I have dual Power Color R9 290, cross fired. After the beta update installed the display went grainy on my LED (Westinghouse LD-4080). I reverted back to 14.4 and all is good. Pictures fine and everything. Anyone have this problem? Or should I just wait this one out and try an updated beta?

I had to do that once when i had a pair of 7970's....i did a clean install of the drivers but it didn't help so I just used the previous drivers until some new beta or regular updated drivers came out.

I had to do that once when i had a pair of 7970's....i did a clean install of the drivers but it didn't help so I just used the previous drivers until some new beta or regular updated drivers came out.

Yeah, I don't like their system for installing drivers. I miss NVIDIA and how you could do a clean installation. AMD is cool and all ....

Yeah i'm with nvidia now and like it. although with the update the other day it is making wolfenstein unplayable for me at the moment with stuttering.

It's always about achieving the highest levels of frame-rate, while cooling your rig so that your components don't melt :lol.

Back