PC thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, need help with a new computer monitor...which is considered the best bang for the buck? looking for a really good one, though doesn't need to be best on the market?

I've been using an old G15 keyboard for ages (4 years I think), it's been solid - no problems & I have a heap of the macro keys in use but I started looking for an upgrade.

Ended up getting a Corsair K95 mech board - this thing is insanely nice. I can't even imagine going back to the logitech.

What keyboards are you guys using for gaming?

:lol

I got myself a Logitech keyboard from my friend. I think one of them gaming ones but it has COD MW3 plastered all over.

Guys, need help with a new computer monitor...which is considered the best bang for the buck? looking for a really good one, though doesn't need to be best on the market?

My friends' been bugging me to get a couple off of eBay from Korea. The value is really really good. Looks a few posts back. I think someone bought one from there.

Yeah that was me...I'm still highly impressed with it. Only negative is you can only use it as DVD D (meant to type "DVI D") which isn't a big deal to me since i only use it for my PC (Xbone nor PS4 can go above 1920x1080 anyway) but if you want hdmi, etc., you have to look around.

Last edited:
ok, thanks - will check it out.

Yeah, I mean the brands are obscure but from what I understand, I think all of the major companies have their screen panels made there; so it wouldn't matter what you get? I dunno. But yeah, mostly, shipping is free and the prices are 50% cheaper than that of DELL.

Yeah that was me...I'm still highly impressed with it. Only negative is you can only use it as DVD D which isn't a big deal to me since i only use it for my PC (Xbone nor PS4 can go above 1920x1080 anyway) but if you want hdmi, etc., you have to look around.

What? DVD-D? Not sure what you mean?

If I wanted to get a gaming PC where would I start? Should I get a steam box?

Damn, you could. It would be super expensive though. I'd buy buy it part by part. Granted that you have someone to help you put it together.

If I wanted to get a gaming PC where would I start? Should I get a steam box?

Depends on what you want, if you want to get the most for your money then build your own desktop gaming computer. It's really not difficult, the things you need: CPU, motherboard, power supply, RAM, graphics card, hard drive, computer case, DVD drive, mouse, keyboard, monitor, a copy of Windows if you need it. Then just go to Newegg.com and look at each part, start with CPU and go from there. Look at the ratings and find things with a good number of reviews and is fairly high rated.
And it's really not hard to put together, takes a couple hours and it's pretty fun.

:lecture

Yup. What he said. Putting it together is pretty simple. I think the most difficult part is installing the processor to the MOBO. Other than that it's mostly snap this and plug that. Installing windows is easy as pie as well.

Yeah that was me...I'm still highly impressed with it. Only negative is you can only use it as DVD D which isn't a big deal to me since i only use it for my PC (Xbone nor PS4 can go above 1920x1080 anyway) but if you want hdmi, etc., you have to look around.

Awesome, thanks a lot

Back