PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did a "slight" overclock to my GPU "after watching a couple of YT videos to have an idea"

i'm a noob to this thing

how does this look? if there is something I should be looking at

photoclo.JPG

Can't say, because every chip has different levels of overclocking tolerance. But, you *should* be stress testing your GPU stability in 3DMark or similar benchmarking software. Are you using an MSI GPU? If so, I can tell you right now that your core and memory clocks are way too high.

My recommendation is don't overclock a 1080. They don't overclock too well, and the truly good chips only reach up to 2100 MHz.

Can't say, because every chip has different levels of overclocking tolerance. But, you *should* be stress testing your GPU stability in 3DMark or similar benchmarking software. Are you using an MSI GPU? If so, I can tell you right now that your core and memory clocks are way too high.

My recommendation is don't overclock a 1080. They don't overclock too well, and the truly good chips only reach up to 2100 MHz.

i'm using a Founders edition "Zotac"

I will download the Unigine benchmark and see

I thought the 1080 was already a beast without the overclock. I don't see a reason why someone would want to do it.

I thought the 1080 was already a beast without the overclock. I don't see a reason why someone would want to do it.

Yeah, there's absolutely no need to overclock a 1080 unless you're just doing benchmarking (or if you just want bragging rights). Plus, all of the board partners have placed their own factory overclocks, which is already pushing the cards close to their max overclocking levels.

Anyone playing battlefield 1?

Thanks for the reminder, I need to pick it up :lol.

Always wanted to play that one. Is it free to play for a limited time, or just free?

Last edited:
Always wanted to play that one. Is it free to play for a limited time, or just free?

I don't really know if it's just for a period time or if the game is actually free. I also think it comes on uplay. Saw it on FB but they didn't specify but still I like freebies. :)
6983df97bbc12fa1b26b95203539edf7.jpg

Edit: It's only on uplay
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got a question for you tech savvy guys and girls. I am wanting to upgrade to a triple monitor set up of 1440x2450 acer predators. My question is would it be best if I just buy another g1 980ti and go sli or if I should buy a 1080 instead?

I got a question for you tech savvy guys and girls. I am wanting to upgrade to a triple monitor set up of 1440x2450 acer predators. My question is would it be best if I just buy another g1 980ti and go sli or if I should buy a 1080 instead?
Oh I'd go for a 1080 buddy :)

Also are you needing 3 monitors? I never found it all that useful for gaming and stuff, just for multitasking. I think a great quality single monitor is much better :dance

Oh I'd go for a 1080 buddy :)

Also are you needing 3 monitors? I never found it all that useful for gaming and stuff, just for multitasking. I think a great quality single monitor is much better :dance
Who doesn't want to watch videos/music and play games at the same time? :)

Try to go for a single GPU if possible, there's a lot of things that don't support multi-GPU.

One reason for 3 monitor setup--for gaming if you want to do multi-monitors if you only do 2 then you get a bezel in the center of the image

Try to go for a single GPU if possible, there's a lot of things that don't support multi-GPU.

One reason for 3 monitor setup--for gaming if you want to do multi-monitors if you only do 2 then you get a bezel in the center of the image

I might just go with a single 1080 then. I think it would end up costing pretty much the same, since I would have to upgrade my PSU if I do go sli.

Back