PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had a Weird experience with my PC using an Old game (Assassin's Creed 2)

when i installed the game it did not recognize my controller or my keyboard .. it was just there at the title screen .. so i exited and deleted the game from the Control Panel, and re-installed it .. again did not recognize my controller but this time it recognized my keyboard ... turns out for the game to recognize the controller i had to change that through the games options from keyboard to Xbox One Controller

Can anyone recommend a decent quality monitor (around 25"-27") that's also pretty affordable? I'm finally coming around to getting a parts list to build a mini itx rig. It'll be an all purpose type rig with medium gaming, so I don't need anything too hardcore. Thanks :wave

Can anyone recommend a decent quality monitor (around 25"-27") that's also pretty affordable? I'm finally coming around to getting a parts list to build a mini itx rig. It'll be an all purpose type rig with medium gaming, so I don't need anything too hardcore. Thanks :wave

Affordable is subjective, but I always go with Dell monitors.

I've tried an Asus monitor but the stand was crap (the monitor wobbled just from me typing on my keyboard) and I could just never get the color right.

What's your price range?

What resolution are you wanting your monitor in?

Do you care more about correct colors or response time?

Do you have an AMD or nVidia GPU? They each have their own proprietary adaptive sync tech in newer monitors. Don't really need this, but it does provide a noticeable difference.

can you guys help me a bit
today i played a bit and noticed screen tearing.. i checked in game Options V-sync and it was on.. so i went into the Nvidia Control Panel and saw Vertical Sync was off .. and the turned it on and the screen tearing went away.. can you guys check the other options if i missed something?

i also changed from multiple display performance to single ... what about the other options if they are off?

nvicopa.jpgnvicopa.jpg

Good catch. It's strange that your Vsync was disabled from the Global Settings since it should've been on by default. For everything else, I'd say it's best to leave the default values in place. You can adjust most of your settings in game, or through the Geforce Experience program.

Affordable is subjective, but I always go with Dell monitors.

I've tried an Asus monitor but the stand was crap (the monitor wobbled just from me typing on my keyboard) and I could just never get the color right.

What's your price range?

What resolution are you wanting your monitor in?

Do you care more about correct colors or response time?

Do you have an AMD or nVidia GPU? They each have their own proprietary adaptive sync tech in newer monitors. Don't really need this, but it does provide a noticeable difference.

I'd like to keep it around $250ish max. I'm still working on the build and haven't decided on everything I want to get yet. I do a lot of movies and am a casual gamer, so I don't know whether or not correct colors or response time is more important. I'm used to the old viewsonic lcd monitor I have from like 2007 lol.

I'd like to keep it around $250ish max. I'm still working on the build and haven't decided on everything I want to get yet. I do a lot of movies and am a casual gamer, so I don't know whether or not correct colors or response time is more important. I'm used to the old viewsonic lcd monitor I have from like 2007 lol.

You really need to decide if you want an IPS panel monitor or a TN panel monitor.

IPS have slower response time (not a big deal though, literally measure in milliseconds) but have way better color accuracy and picture quality. You can game on them just fine. Though due to the more expensive panel, they are usually more expensive than a TN panel.

TN panel monitors are usually what "hardcore" gamers go for. That have very fast response times and high refresh rates. The trade off is that their colors are very noticeably worse than an IPS when side by side. However, you can easily enjoy videos or movies on them. Just don't expect super deep blacks or amazing theater quality picture. Picture/video editing is not recommended on these due to color accuracy being off. TN panels TEND to be cheaper than IPS...unless you're going after one of the newer ones with G-sync or Free Sync in them. But since you said you're casually game you don't need to worry about that.

There are monitors that fit your budget just fine though.

IPS - Acer 25in 1440p @ $259.99 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009728

IPS - LG 29in Widescreen 1080p @299.99 LG 29UB55-B Black 29" 5ms HDMI UltraWide LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS panel 250 cd/m2 DCR 5,000,000:1 (1000:1) built-in speakers - Newegg.com

TN - BenQ 27in 1080p @189.99 BenQ GL2760H Black 27" 2ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor TN Panel 300 cd/m2 DCR 12,000,000:1 (1000:1) - Newegg.com

TN - Acer 24in 1080p @169.99 Acer S241HLbmid Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (1,000:1) Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

I included the slightly more expensive IPS monitors just because of how much more you're getting with a max extra $50. Hope this helps. Searching for the perfect monitor is always fun and its awesome when you find your match! If you have any other questions, plz feel free to ask! If you find any other monitors other than the ones I've listed and want me to check them out feel free to post the links here!

Finally finished with my new build.

CPU - i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.5ghz
GPU - 980ti Hybrid
MB - msi Z97S Krait Ed.
Case - NZXT 340S (went with the black matte & orange finish)
Odds n Ends - NZXT 140mm CPU water cooler with 3 Thermaltake Riing 14 Series for push/pull system on my GPU & CPU water coolers.

Really love the SSD mounts being right in the forefront of the window. Really easy and quick access to the MB. The case has a basement divider to hide the power supply and SATA drive from view. Makes cable management much easier/neater as well. Temps are crazy on this. I stay under 40 degrees (CPU & GPU) under a heavy load while gaming, and in low 20's when idle. All in all this is probably my favorite build to date. Went into this with a miniATX in mind, but decided to go mid tower instead. One day I'll eventually get to doing a miniATX build!

BKWTV5s.jpg

x2rYF1R.jpg

tiOJRYn.jpg

sNLLGKX.jpg

Anyone install Arkham Knight? :lol

Yes, I've been playing again since the patch dropped. Absolutely amazing. I'm running everything maxed with the "Enhanced Fog/Smoke" turned off since nvidia doesn't recommend using it yet. I get a solid 60 fps the whole time. Now I just wish the game itself was a bit better...

a single card of 980 Ti good enough to run the most demanding games at ultra settings for 1440p resolution 60 fps and above ?

a single card of 980 Ti good enough to run the most demanding games at ultra settings for 1440p resolution 60 fps and above ?

Yes. It's essentially a Titan X without the extra V-RAM. At 1440p there shouldn't be very many (if any at all) games you can't run at max settings at 60 fps. Unless it's a really badly optimized PC port.

You could run a small countries space program with a 980TI. It will be fine on a single 1440p monitor unless it's a poorly optimised title as mention above. There are of course plenty of those...

I been searching everywhere and I can't find a another monitor like Acer's Predator Xb270hu. Is that the only 1440p 144hz IPS monitor out right now?

Back