Patient Zero - the novel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultimate Weapon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone run across this yet? I was flipping through a comic book today and came across an ad for a novel titled PATIENT ZERO: A Joe Ledger Novel by Jonathan Maberry. Here's the amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/Patient-Zero...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232579584&sr=8-1

When I saw it obviously the first thing I thought of was Patient Zero from the Dead line so I looked all over the add for some mention of Sideshow thinking it might be a tie in, but it doesn't appear to be. It won't be released until March 3rd, but there are a lot of positive reviews of it on Amazon.com. Sounds like it might be a good read for zombie enthusiasts.

I highly doubt it. Patient zero is the appelation usually given to the first person to contract a contagious disease that typically results in a pandemic. It's been in use long before Sideshow even thought of making a zombie-themed line. As you say, it might still be a good read, though.

Medical/Scientific Definition said:
The index case, primary case or patient zero is the initial patient in the population sample of an epidemiological investigation. Patient zero is a somewhat less specific term than index case and is sometimes used to refer to the central patient in an epidemiological investigation rather than the first patient. When used in general to refer to such patients in epidemiological investigations, the term is not capitalized. When the term is used to refer to a specific person in place of that person's name within a report on a specific investigation, the term is capitalized as Patient Zero. Often scientists search for the index case to determine how the disease spread and what reservoir holds the disease in between outbreaks. Note that the index case is the first patient that indicates the existence of an outbreak. Earlier cases may be found and are labeled primary, secondary, tertiary, etc.

The term has been around for decades, SSC actually used it to tie back to the textbook definition and hide the "identity" of the first infected.

However this novel IS about zombies, or at least 28 days later type zombies.

There is also an AIDS musical comedy film called 'Patient Zero.'

13 reviews and it won't be released until March? :huh

At least they're all positive.

DON'T believe the reviews! :lol I can't tell you how many zombie movies and novellas I've picked up with rave reviews that must've either been written by the people who made the films/books or by their family and friends...:yuck

DON'T believe the reviews! :lol I can't tell you how many zombie movies and novellas I've picked up with rave reviews that must've either been written by the people who made the films/books or by their family and friends...:yuck

Recommend us some good zombie books then, brother! You were the guinnea pig who got to weed out the crap ones for us to tell us what the good ones are! :lol

WORLD WAR Z

Read it...you'll love it.

MAMMOTH BOOK OF ZOMBIES

Read it...you'll love it even more.

Recommend us some good zombie books then, brother! You were the guinnea pig who got to weed out the crap ones for us to tell us what the good ones are! :lol

World War Z was excellent (and hopefully the movie will match! :D).

If you're a fan of the games, the Resident Evil series was good as well (and there's quite a few books too).

Wellington's Zombie trilogy is a good start too, Zombie Island, Zombie Nation, Zombie Planet. He puts an interesting twist in it, but still well worth the read (and there's a 4th on the way, Plague Zone). For those cheap bastards, or those wanting to see what the novels are about before committing money (for the record, I just bit the bullet and bought them :p) they're available for free on his website: https://www.brokentype.com/davidwellington/

Right now I'm reading Plague of the Dead: The Morningstar Strain. Pretty good.

World War Z was excellent (and hopefully the movie will match! :D).

If you're a fan of the games, the Resident Evil series was good as well (and there's quite a few books too).

Wellington's Zombie trilogy is a good start too, Zombie Island, Zombie Nation, Zombie Planet. He puts an interesting twist in it, but still well worth the read (and there's a 4th on the way, Plague Zone). For those cheap bastards, or those wanting to see what the novels are about before committing money (for the record, I just bit the bullet and bought them :p) they're available for free on his website: https://www.brokentype.com/davidwellington/

Right now I'm reading Plague of the Dead: The Morningstar Strain. Pretty good.

Yes WWZ is fantastic as well as the Resident Evil novels. But dont forget about the Zombie Survival Guide. Ill have to check out the rest.

Other good zombie-related reads:

Mondo Zombie, edited by John Skipp
Zombie Jam, by David J. Schow
Reign of the Dead, by Len Barnhart
Confederacy of the Dead, edited by Richard Gilliam, Martin H. Greenberg and Edward E. Kramer
The Walking Dead collected trade paperbacks, Image Comics

It will be a serious read if there is ever a Zombie Apocalypse......:rotfl

You know, I thought about that and the only part I like is the part where it suggests you head North to the Tundra. I'd hate to rely on something only to find out that the info is false. Take "runners" for instance. A good 3/4 of that book is irrelevant if zombies run. :lol

Back