Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine.....

I like it. Don't love it.

I don't know if it was the hype or what, but I'm just not wow'd. Captain wow'd me. This did not. I'll probably keep it, but there's a possibility I'll just return it. It's crazy I'm even saying this because I was soooooooooo hyped. I think the original PF spoiled me. Had I owned the original Green PF, this would be a no-brainer return.

I have it displayed next to Captain right now, and it's like Hulk doesn't even belong. Again, I'm shocked right now. I don't have a Green Hulk though and this is the best we'll get for a while, I'm sure.

I got mine.....

I don't know if it was the hype or what, but I'm just not wow'd. Captain wow'd me. This did not. I'll probably keep it, but there's a possibility I'll just return it. It's crazy I'm even saying this because I was soooooooooo hyped. I think the original PF spoiled me. Had I owned the original Green PF, this would be a no-brainer return.

I have it displayed next to Captain right now, and it's like Hulk doesn't even belong. Again, I'm shocked right now. I don't have a Green Hulk though and this is the best we'll get for a while, I'm sure.

What in particular doesn't wow you m8??

What in particular doesn't wow you m8??

I really think it's a lot of things that are just adding up. The biggest things for me though are the paint app (at least on mine) and the regular head sculpt. It's the Exclusive head sculpt that 'makes' this piece, IMO. But that's not enough to 'carry' the piece. I want perfection (or at least darn close to it) when I add something to my collection - and this isn't it. Again, this is NOT me bad-mouthing Sideshow. I love those guys. The last few pieces I've gotten from them have been 'home runs.' I'm just disappointed with this one. I'm very critical when I first open a new piece, especially when it comes to one like this. I have my standards, and this just didn't meet it.

^^^ I understand that feeling. I had the Conan Undying PF EX and it just didn't "Wow" me. It also had a few issues which pushed me to return it. To many options out there to not be truly happy given the money we pay.

I really think it's a lot of things that are just adding up. The biggest things for me though are the paint app (at least on mine) and the regular head sculpt. It's the Exclusive head sculpt that 'makes' this piece, IMO. But that's not enough to 'carry' the piece. I want perfection (or at least darn close to it) when I add something to my collection - and this isn't it. Again, this is NOT me bad-mouthing Sideshow. I love those guys. The last few pieces I've gotten from them have been 'home runs.' I'm just disappointed with this one. I'm very critical when I first open a new piece, especially when it comes to one like this. I have my standards, and this just didn't meet it.

Very often when I get a new piece I am not wowed... After the hype and all the pics that I poor over for the year or so until it's release I find that I don't get that "holy ****" feeling anymore when I first open a piece.

However after a few days I usually end up appreciating a piece and see it with new eyes.

So I say give it a few days and see how you feel.

Very often when I get a new piece I am not wowed... After the hype and all the pics that I poor over for the year or so until it's release I find that I don't get that "holy ****" feeling anymore when I first open a piece.

However after a few days I usually end up appreciating a piece and see it with new eyes.

So I say give it a few days and see how you feel.

I actually try and reserve my "judgement" of a statue after it has been on display for a few days (my display) because pictures don't really tell the full story and how i view it day to day is what rally matters. I know of 2 statues I got off the top of my head that after a little time I grew to dislike them but in pics and out the box I liked. Cat woman PF and Bowen Angel (yellow) , Catwoman It was mix of things like her pose/viewing angle with the awkward height and choice of base plus the Ex bag of jewels didn't pop like I thought it would. Angel Was this awkward tint in the clouds of the base that made him look weird to me and How he was put on the base and angled didn't make him really displayable how I preferred. Out of the boxes I loved these and thought they looked so great and they do but I grew to realize they just didn't belong for me. The opposite has happened as well. When I opened Wonder woman PF there were so many dam issues with her that I actually disliked it and had buyers remorse, 4 exchange parts later (body, shield, spear, and base helmet) and I let those feelings settle and I absolutely love WW I think its great and laugh when I think at one point I wanted to get rid of her. The true gems of a collection are the ones you just keep going back to, for me it is Cap. Out the box I loved it and as time goes by I love it more. With all that said for those still reading I got my credit and my replacement head. Today (friday) I am going to Michaels to pick up a small file, (for the teeth) paints for the chips and scratches and frames for mr prints from NYCC. Once I finish this and my Doom F4 stuff I can finally relax before another project starts haha.

image.jpg

Found this huge crack on his left leg under the shorts. Sideshow quality for ya. Great sculpt/design but boy is their production disappointing. Replacement or refund, here we go.

I got mine.....

"Return it. You probably won't regret it later anyway. The hype might comes back and you're be like crap, I don't have this anymore but I can always look at other people's pics." - Bad Advice

Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

I has asked for replacement and I hope the new one would be better.

That's a seam where the leg has been glued on.
You pulled the pants back to expose it? Will never be seen, that's why it's there.

The Dutch PF has seams on both arms which look horrible unless you adjust his vest.
He also, like most statues, has a leg seam under his trousers.

I got mine.....

I'm not a huge Hulk fan, but I thought this was the most impressive piece I received in a long long time. The EX is a must. Out of the 3 I think the green standouts out the most.

The gray will stand out the most. It will be better than the original gray PF. That is no ShamWow shirt he got on.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 114
Can anyone else check their Hulk's left leg for the seam? It looks like my seam wasn't filled all the way/covered.

Back