Out of Rotation/Discontinued Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowermanX4

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
The Hot Toys T-800 seems to be very hard to find from retailers, and if you do manage to come across one, they're marked up to ridicules prices, sometimes up to $400-500 dollars. I'm assuming the T-800, and other hard to find figures are discontinued and retailers mark them up significantly to get rid of their stock, is this true? If so, DAMN!

If I want to acquire a discontinued figure and not over pay, is my best bet to purchase them privately via forums or get lucky on ebay?

Thanks.

The Hot Toys T-800 seems to be very hard to find from retailers, and if you do manage to come across one, they're marked up to ridicules prices, sometimes up to $400-500 dollars. I'm assuming the T-800, and other hard to find figures are discontinued and retailers mark them up significantly to get rid of their stock, is this true? If so, DAMN!

If I want to acquire a discontinued figure and not over pay, is my best bet to purchase them privately via forums or get lucky on ebay?

Thanks.

The figures are just really made in limited quantities, so in effect they are all eventually discontinued. If you preorder them you will save something like a messily 20 bucks, if you get it within the first say 8 months of it's release, sometimes more if the figure was made in larger quantities you will get it for market price. If not then the market is dried up and what that means is you are subject to the demand for the figure, if theres high demand you probably won't be able to get away from paying 5-6 hundred bucks. The occasional think like Michael Jackson Billie Jean will go for even more like 1500... you can wait on ebay or watch these forums you MAY get lucky and get it for a hundred less or so but you are going to be paying premium either way, also the longer you wait the demand may rise, you never know though they might go and release an updated version of the figure and the demand drops for the original. All a gamble. It's all driven by demand because supply is always limited.

Anyways if you are talking about T2 T800 there is a new one right around the corner as a DX figure... if you mean T1 you might have a little more problems.

The figures are just really made in limited quantities, so in effect they are all eventually discontinued. If you preorder them you will save something like a messily 20 bucks, if you get it within the first say 8 months of it's release, sometimes more if the figure was made in larger quantities you will get it for market price. If not then the market is dried up and what that means is you are subject to the demand for the figure, if theres high demand you probably won't be able to get away from paying 5-6 hundred bucks. The occasional think like Michael Jackson Billie Jean will go for even more like 1500... you can wait on ebay or watch these forums you MAY get lucky and get it for a hundred less or so but you are going to be paying premium either way, also the longer you wait the demand may rise, you never know though they might go and release an updated version of the figure and the demand drops for the original. All a gamble. It's all driven by demand because supply is always limited.

Anyways if you are talking about T2 T800 there is a new one right around the corner as a DX figure... if you mean T1 you might have a little more problems.

That about sums it up. BUT I do have to say that it seems HT has upped there quantity size on these figures. Seems like DX05,06,08 and 09, and CR Superman had a lot larger edition size than some of their older stuff.

As for T-800, yes there is a new T2 DX due out in October so it would be better to wait for him. And some speculate that we will see a Battle Damaged Version yet down the road.

Im sure we will see a new T1 T-800 too. At some point.

Thanks.

discontinued?
.....I think you're confused about how this hobby works...

Back