One's Customs Old 78 Head Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I'm glad I ordered and paid for a complete figure before the Holiday's hit :lol No way I'd be able to swing it at this point in the year.

I will never undertand how the Sideshow Myers figure got made? Their mask is just ridiculous looking... whereas the Jason and Freddy figures have all been pretty great sculpts.

The Myers is just painfully bad.

I will never undertand how the Sideshow Myers figure got made? Their mask is just ridiculous looking... whereas the Jason and Freddy figures have all been pretty great sculpts.

The Myers is just painfully bad.

Still wondering if it had to do with the Shatner likeness. Didn't they also have the Star Trek license at the time too?

If not the same time, then soon... has Shatner's likeness rights been an issue in the past for Myers figures? I have to admit I've never followed the property that closely :huh

I meant the headsculpt. I'd love it to replace the ho-hum of my Sideshow Myers' noggin. :( But with Christmas, the new house and what's already on preorder, I wouldn't be able to swing it until Jan.

i know you meant the headsculpt:slap
and i know what you mean about christmas and preorders too.:monkey2
luckily i was just able to squeeze this sculpt into my budget...this and a predator 1 lol
wouldve been better for one(and some of us) if he offered these heads some time after xmas...not that im complaining, but im sure he'd get even more customers that way.

I'm still working on the cash...Bad timing but I got to try my best to make it...Selling some stuff to pay for it.

Maybe someone here knows the answer to this but how did Carpenter get away with using the Shatner mask in the first place? I mean maybe no one realized when the film first came out because they altered the mask, but once the cat was out of the bag years later that it actually was a licensed Captain Kirk mask that they used in Halloween 1 and 2, I am surprised that there never was some kind of a law suit or a request for royalities. Star Trek is a pretty huge franchise next to Star Wars. Imagine if it was a Han Solo mask that they used. Lucas would have gone after them for sure even if it was years later. It obviously was an issue with the sequels which is why the mask never looked like that again even when it came close a couple of times. If Sideshow can't get the rights to make a figure out of it, how the heck did Carpenter get away with it?

I think that the star trek people only wanted money if they continued to use the masks for H4+ which is why they made their own mask.

But I have also heard that Don Post were going to make converted Kirk masks for the filming of H4, but the film team were in a rush to get finished by halloween so they made their own mask. :dunno

Can't wait to get this piece...I'll take pictures when I do.
Thanks One and Dark for all your Help...You Guys ROCK!

It's been pretty quiet on this thread lately. Any updates on when these are going to start rolling out?

It's been pretty quiet on this thread lately. Any updates on when these are going to start rolling out?

Yeah, I wouldnt mind an update too.
Last I heard, It was expected to be rolling out round about now.
Im guessing we wont get these until mid Jan though.

Dark said end of December Guys...I am also Anxious to get mine together as I have the body all ready to go. One- must be busy, it's the holiday's also...I'm sure we will hear something soon fellas.

Back