One:12 Collective Star Trek Sulu review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
The terrific One:12 Collective series continues with their latest release in the Star Trek License - Lieutenant Sulu! I suspect we'll see a gaggle of great announcements from them next week at SDCC, but until then, enjoy my review of their latest:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-071816a.htm

You can also find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And don't forget, starting Wednesday night I'll be doing my comprehensive photo coverage of SDCC - can't wait!

Michael

Michael thanks for another fine review. :)

This review comes directly on the heels of a discussion my wife and I were having last night about Sulu's character after having just watched the last two Star Trek films. Your comments about how Sulu has been portrayed is spot on, as his screen time primarily from TOS has never looked heavily into his personal life.

Regarding the figure, I think Mezco has a fun series on their hands. After seeing this figure, I have high hopes for QMx's version. I know you can only expect so much from a 1:12 line, but given the cost of these figures, and the attempt at some accuracy here, I think they should have tried to get closer to the correct gold uniform color.

I hope you get a chance to review the two Spock variant exclusives that are in the process of being released as well!

Great review Michael.
I'd be curious to see how the scale works out with Spock. Do they display well together?

I will do a shot of the variant Spock - hopefully the ThinkGeek version, but if not, the Cage version - after comic-con. But as I said in the review, he's almost as tall as Spock, making him a bit too big.

The struggle. Two QMX figures or 4 Mezco figs. These look great and having Kirk, Spock, Sulu, and McCoy would be ace. But having Spock and Picard in 1/6 sounds perfect.

Back