Oglavaeil The Executioner Premium Format Figure (Court of the dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm i'm not sure about this one overall. The comic did a much better job at showing what was all over his chest which are indeed little arms. I couldn't tell until i read the comic. Also in the comic the arms could move independently and vaguely convey emotions, none of that made it into statue form. This statue they just kinda left them hanging irreverent muddled and hard to make out. It's hard imagine what the purpose of all these little arms are even for beside looking grotesque. This statue in general seems to lack a sense of purpose to me.

From what we can tell he does have little chicken legs but no feet so he must float some how. Remove his cloaks and you get this top heavy multi-limbed floating chicken legged thing....with a pet dog cause it wasn't random enough i guess. Does anyone else see where they were trying to go with this? If so please i would love to know your points of view. He is supposed to be Death's law enforcer but i get none of this statue.

Hmmm i'm not sure about this one overall. The comic did a much better job at showing what was all over his chest which are indeed little arms. I couldn't tell until i read the comic. Also in the comic the arms could move independently and vaguely convey emotions, none of that made it into statue form. This statue they just kinda left them hanging irreverent muddled and hard to make out. It's hard imagine what the purpose of all these little arms are even for beside looking grotesque. This statue in general seems to lack a sense of purpose to me.

From what we can tell he does have little chicken legs but no feet so he must float some how. Remove his cloaks and you get this top heavy multi-limbed floating chicken legged thing....with a pet dog cause it wasn't random enough i guess. Does anyone else see where they were trying to go with this? If so please i would love to know your points of view. He is supposed to be Death's law enforcer but i get none of this statue.

Yeah, you make a good point.
There was something off I couldn't put my finger on, and I think you nailed it.
Looks like the design is overly convulted and fails to convey all those details that, apparently, jack up the price. You can hardly figure what's going on with his torso and the small arms, the whole lower body is covered by fabric, his back armor is barely visible and I'll also say that having one of the two swords held behind is back doesn't help either with display. Basically people are paying 600$ for details that can't be seen.

I wish they sticked with one of the original concept arts where Oglavaeil is just standing straight, with bat-like arms and some kind of mane instead of the back armor. He's also wielding a single greatsword pointed in the ground, they could have gone with that, make it thick and add two different details on each side of the blade, much easier to see than the actual double swords:

Og_1.jpg

That's probably sturdier than you think.

My guess is, simply, heavyweight base (that's why it's so long) and cape, with hollow body. Say, Magneto comiquette had a similar design I think, and it didn't have issues.

I think their choice is great and this is still my favorite of the line. I want these pieces to be as wierd as possible.

I have a feeling this may be one of those pieces where a large number of folks will need to see several in hands shots before deciding to purchase.

Me...I was on the fence a bit only because it cost more than I anticipated. But I really like this sculpt....so I decided to pre-order.

I have a feeling this may be one of those pieces where a large number of folks will need to see several in hands shots before deciding to purchase.

Me...I was on the fence a bit only because it cost more than I anticipated. But I really like this sculpt....so I decided to pre-order.

I think you make a really good point and it shows in the history of sideshow. Many pieces perform poorly in pre-order due to price and then once the in-hand pics come in and people realize that the piece is as nice as it is they jump in and order. Happens with a lot of larger, more expensive pieces.

Larger es does make it cheaper for production on their end. Detail matters also depending on how many pieces they have to cast. The more complicated it is, the more it will cost them. That's why their es for licensed materials are so high. It's a larger profit margin. I think that the larger es goes though, it cuts out flippers, and people who don't want to miss out and impulse buy. I really want this but I'm waiting to see if the es is reasonable. It's not a female or a well known character, so I'm hoping it will be lower.... Although red death was high es and crappier statue :)

Larger es does make it cheaper for production on their end. Detail matters also depending on how many pieces they have to cast. The more complicated it is, the more it will cost them. That's why their es for licensed materials are so high. It's a larger profit margin. I think that the larger es goes though, it cuts out flippers, and people who don't want to miss out and impulse buy. I really want this but I'm waiting to see if the es is reasonable. It's not a female or a well known character, so I'm hoping it will be lower.... Although red death was high es and crappier statue :)

I was being sarcastic, I agree with what you say, but SS Alex pointed out that the bolded statement is not true - the factories charge the exact same amount per statue regardless of how many are made.
Not saying I believe it, just pointing out what's the official word on the subject.

That's wierd if that's the case. I've dealt with manufacturing miniatures in china and it does get cheaper per unit.

For example it cost us $5000 for tooling the machines for casting. Then $2000 for the mold. Then $5 per casting and materials. That would mean if I made 1, it would cost me $7005. Then if I made more, each one would get cheaper etc.... I'm almost certain that they work the same. So literally, they aren't paying less per, but the overall cost per goes down.

That's actually one of the laws of manifacture and as far as I know too, it applies to all mass produced items. In her words, the collectible industry is completely different from this point of view. Not believing it since other company's reps have stated the opposite, but whatever.

Yea thats the dumbest thing I ever heard..lol its common in almost everything, the more you buy, the cheaper it is per item..its why costco is in business…she's also said that a dark knight joker was coming and that was 2 years ago..so that should tell u what u need 2 know about that one.

Even if the cost per statue remains the same, more statues = more profit, so the price should be tied to the ES...either way this is expensive, I hop they really get their best QC into this line, if they are charging those prices for unlicensed statues they must do a great job on their final product.

Back