Official PREDATOR thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone one know the outer shipping box size and total weight (statue and inner and outer shipping boxes/materials) of the Sideshow Predator Maquette?

Approx. 34 X 23 X 20 inches (SS outer shipping box dimensions) and about 46 lbs.

WOW.. Still looking for my jaw (it fell off of my face.. *pretty crazy right?*) after thumbing through this thread. These Hot Toys Predators are SICK.

HUGE thank you to Pitu for the reference. I myself am a pituvision fan!

Looking forward to all the Pred madness. Just picked up my first tonight:

Ancient (Asia) Predator... CANNOT wait to get it!

WOW.. Still looking for my jaw (it fell off of my face.. *pretty crazy right?*) after thumbing through this thread. These Hot Toys Predators are SICK.

congrats bro!!! and welcome to the board!

where in Indiana do you live?? another sideshowfreak in indiana??? what are the chances!?

Oh, duh.. Sorry, didn't even notice the locations in the Avatar area...

Yeah man I moved because I got out of the Army! :D My webpage shows who I am, etc. (I'm Brian)

The other Predator threads seem to have been getting most of the attention lately. Anyway, welcome to the board, abnpredator! Always great to have another Pred Freak on board! Be forewarned, however, these threads can be seriously damaging to your financial stability, I **** you not! Hot Toys is the main culprit lately, as you no doubt already know. Once you get started there's no turning back!

Be sure to read through some of the other Pred threads if you haven't already, there are tons of great pics scattered throughout. The Predator 2 figures are hot at the moment, and the AvPR figures will hopefully be out soon. Lots of Predator goodness on the horizon, too. Looks like another great year for Pred Freaks in 2008. :D
:welcome

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!! congrats man! and welcome!

The other Predator threads seem to have been getting most of the attention lately. Anyway, welcome to the board, abnpredator! these threads can be seriously damaging to your financial stability, I **** you not! Hot Toys is the main culprit lately, as you no doubt already know. Once you get started there's no turning back!

Truer, more ominous words have never been spoken.

I thought Predator 2 would be enough for me, then I HAD to get the Elder, and then I thought "okay, I'm done."

...then I saw Wolf pics, and just had to preorder it too, and then you know what I did? I decided I needed a Scar, and Jamal sold me his.

Hot Toys are addicting, but uhhh... 'least it ain't crack, right?

Truer, more ominous words have never been spoken.

I thought Predator 2 would be enough for me, then I HAD to get the Elder, and then I thought "okay, I'm done."

...then I saw Wolf pics, and just had to preorder it too, and then you know what I did? I decided I needed a Scar, and Jamal sold me his.

Oh yeah, you got real it bad, bro! At least ya got plenty of company here. :lol

Hot Toys are addicting, but uhhh... 'least it ain't crack, right?

True, true. Kinda makes ya wonder what they're putting in the paint, though, doesn't it...? :rolleyes:

True, true. Kinda makes ya wonder what they're putting in the paint, though, doesn't it...? :rolleyes:

Funny story I got, one day I noticed my Predator 2's legs were all... bowed looking, kinda like a kid that has to pee in a cartoon.

The case I have my Preds in, is a huge plexiglass box with a trap door on top, and to make look a little better, I keep some shiny black material in the bottom of the case, and on the top.

Well, I decided I'd open it, and fix his legs (which it turns out, in my excitement on getting my first, I accidentally put the wrong lower legs on him), I opened that trap door and WOOOOOOOOOOOF! out came the BIGGEST stink of rubber and plastic...as awful as it smelled, it was almost euphoric, well... if you're into plastic and rubber.:confused:

Needless to say, I aired it out thoroughly and my Preds no longer bathe in their own stank, yo. Oh, and Predator 2 is happy to be standing on his right feet, and now hunts my 4 year old nieces Barbie dolls, as shown in a previous image I posted.

6owg70z.jpg

...little note here, I'm trying to find my niece a little doll house, if I can find a decent one, I'll have to make a little comic strip of Preds rooming together, making eggs, playing ping pong, having fights over the top bunk, and of course having fights with those pesky neighbors, the Aliens.

GOD I'm an idiot when I'm bored. *sigh*

Not to far from the truth, outside of playing in my band, and spending time with friends and family - I get damn bored....and quick.

I just got my degree, so college life keeps me entertained. If it wasn't for that, gaming, my crazy-ass friends and these forums, I would be going out of my mind! :lol

BTW, you should post a "collections thread" when your Scar arrives. :rock

Oh, I spend a lot of my free time on some forum somewhere... occasionally youtube.

I used to promote concerts around my area, but the music scene in the last year or two has made me sick.

During that time I was engaged, and we then split up. Believe me, if I was still in a committed relationship, I wouldn't have ANY money for all of the wonderful Predator items I have accumulated.

EDIT: I will post the whole collection when I get Scar! I have so many of the small Japanese Kotobukiya figurines, and I just ordered (a few weeks ago) two bio helmet props, a Celtic and a Predator 1 that is being custom painted by the seller. Let me find a pic of what it'll look like real quick.

The other Predator threads seem to have been getting most of the attention lately. Anyway, welcome to the board, abnpredator! Always great to have another Pred Freak on board! Be forewarned, however, these threads can be seriously damaging to your financial stability, I **** you not! Hot Toys is the main culprit lately, as you no doubt already know. Once you get started there's no turning back!

Be sure to read through some of the other Pred threads if you haven't already, there are tons of great pics scattered throughout. The Predator 2 figures are hot at the moment, and the AvPR figures will hopefully be out soon. Lots of Predator goodness on the horizon, too. Looks like another great year for Pred Freaks in 2008. :D
:welcome

Thanks for the heads up brother! Looks like I'm gonna have to get a few more jobs because the Predators are so friggin sweet looking. That Wolf thats coming out is INCREDIBLE.

Funny story I got, one day I noticed my Predator 2's legs were all... bowed looking, kinda like a kid that has to pee in a cartoon.

The case I have my Preds in, is a huge plexiglass box with a trap door on top, and to make look a little better, I keep some shiny black material in the bottom of the case, and on the top.

Well, I decided I'd open it, and fix his legs (which it turns out, in my excitement on getting my first, I accidentally put the wrong lower legs on him), I opened that trap door and WOOOOOOOOOOOF! out came the BIGGEST stink of rubber and plastic...as awful as it smelled, it was almost euphoric, well... if you're into plastic and rubber.:confused:

I know exactly what you mean. Whenever I used to open especially a new HT figure, for some reason, that gawdawful stench would nearly knock me out! I had to hold my breath and open all the windows for a while... but now, I actually... kinda...like it! :google

Needless to say, I aired it out thoroughly and my Preds no longer bathe in their own stank, yo. Oh, and Predator 2 is happy to be standing on his right feet, and now hunts my 4 year old nieces Barbie dolls, as shown in a previous image I posted.

6owg70z.jpg

...little note here, I'm trying to find my niece a little doll house, if I can find a decent one, I'll have to make a little comic strip of Preds rooming together, making eggs, playing ping pong, having fights over the top bunk, and of course having fights with those pesky neighbors, the Aliens.

GOD I'm an idiot when I'm bored. *sigh*
Man, I had a vivid mental image of your niece's Predator-occupied doll house and what their trophy room would look like after a while, with all these little Barbie heads mounted on the wall... :lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol

I'd love to see that comic strip when you're done.

Back