Official Han Solo in Carbonite Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can so see HT puting out one, either as a stand alone with flashy lights, or as an incentive piece with an ESB Solo.

Seeing this thread reminds me how much I’d like a highly detailed sixth scale Han in carbonite. Just the slab not the whole diorama. I guess the only way we'd see that is if hot toys did a Leia as Boushh with a Han in carbonite 2 pack or something like that.

Or as a deluxe version of ESB Boba Fett.

Yeah, HT will do an electronic carbonite block with their ESB Fett or Han Bespin.

that will be cool if and when it happens. lets hope its not like the Hasbro version that came with the leia just a block when you push the button you get an image of han in carbonite.

Seeing this thread reminds me how much I’d like a highly detailed sixth scale Han in carbonite. Just the slab not the whole diorama.

Ages back, i did one in 1/5. I sculpted the head first and made the rest from there. It was way before i learning casting and the like, and i have let the sculpting skills fall out of use. But i still had the 1/5 head, and recently sent it away to have it scanned and reduced to 1/6. So i am going to have a crack at putting one together in 1/6. I have built the main block but have yet to detail it all and chop out the side recesses for the volvo clocks.

The block, with the Black Series one for comparison:

8C3DA2E4-1421-43DB-B713-3DB0498B34A0.jpg

F2E08A85-A477-4B74-AFFE-AA99CBD4B54A.jpg

E374AC06-C02B-4B6A-9FB9-B43F9B078662.jpg

My original sculpt in 1/5:

C8FAD0E3-09D7-42B6-9197-71B6542C2F7C_1.jpg

^^ Wow. You sculpted that?:clap

Thanks.
I read an article/interview with UK sculptor Mike Hill years ago and he said he used super sculpey and how great a material it was. He was correct. And it forgave even my clumsy paws. With no training, i used to sculpt all the time, and got to a satisfying level for an amateur. But like any hand/eye skill, i let it fall away and i am not as good as i was.
The han in carbonite main body is relatively easy to do though, so once i get the head back, i will see about getting the rest done. My thinking right now is to make the front part with Han separate, so it can pop out and the lights would be inside the thing with no visible gaps. But i will work it all out later when the slab is sculpted.
All of my work was destroyed in a house move, so i only have a few pics(Some are just scanned photographs), of them.
These date back to about 2002.

maulandJedimasterGeneeraal.jpg

WattoandSithyoda.jpg

Sidiousandsoloincarbonite.jpg

Kaminoan.jpg

theterminator1.jpg

theterminator2.jpg

Here's my contribution!!

Attachments

• WP_20160512_19_27_28_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160512_19_27_28_Pro.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 144
why does that premium format HIC look scaled properly to the 1/6 fett? you doing some magical camera work here? post a photo of fett directly next to the HIC :O

HA!!
Ain't no tricks goin' on here... It's a Hot Toys 1/4 Quarter Scale Boba Fett on a 1/6 base...
The original base he comes with is so massive it just looks silly...
I actually got him specifically to go with the PF HIC... Very happy how it turned out!!

Thanks.
I read an article/interview with UK sculptor Mike Hill years ago and he said he used super sculpey and how great a material it was. He was correct. And it forgave even my clumsy paws. With no training, i used to sculpt all the time, and got to a satisfying level for an amateur. But like any hand/eye skill, i let it fall away and i am not as good as i was.
The han in carbonite main body is relatively easy to do though, so once i get the head back, i will see about getting the rest done. My thinking right now is to make the front part with Han separate, so it can pop out and the lights would be inside the thing with no visible gaps. But i will work it all out later when the slab is sculpted.
All of my work was destroyed in a house move, so i only have a few pics(Some are just scanned photographs), of them.
These date back to about 2002.

THat's amazing - you should revisit sculpting. You have a real talent!

HA!!
Ain't no tricks goin' on here... It's a Hot Toys 1/4 Quarter Scale Boba Fett on a 1/6 base...
I actually got him specifically to go with the PF HIC... Very happy how it turned out!!

I love that Fett/Carb combo :clap... but the PF Carb base looks even more like a urinal than the 1/6 one does. I mean it's straight out of the john at a Mexican restaurant.:lol

HA!!

haha nice!!! I think you said it wrong, it's the 1/6 HIC on the 1/4 base... but yeah I see where you're going with it. Looks so good! Great idea.. looks so purrdy :eek:

very cool

haha nice!!! I think you said it wrong, it's the 1/6 HIC on the 1/4 base... but yeah I see where you're going with it. Looks so good! Great idea.. looks so purrdy :eek:

very cool

No, No:nono... They are both 1/4 quarter scale...

It's a Hot Toys 1/4 quarter scale Boba Fett with the Sideshow 1/4 quarter scale Premium Format Han Solo in Carbonite...

I've just got Boba Fett standing on a 1/6 base...

You knew Hot Toys made a 1/4 Boba Fett, right???

Well, you do now!! - https://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=273 :wink1:

I love that Fett/Carb combo :clap... but the PF Carb base looks even more like a urinal than the 1/6 one does. I mean it's straight out of the john at a Mexican restaurant.:lol

Ha!! Brilliant... I never thought of that before!!:rotfl

Thanks a bunch... Now I'll never look at it the same again!!:slap

Attachments

• WP_20160513_20_06_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160513_20_06_36_Pro.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 176
^^

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Funniest post I've seen in ages.:clap

Kind of the ultimate indignity for Han.

HaHa!! :rotfl

I wonder if peeing on Carbonite is the same as peeing on snow... Might thaw Han out quicker!!

And I've never really checked out my Boba from behind... It even looks like he's holding his... erm... "weapon" :lol

"He... he peed on me!"

"Your eyesight will return in time."

latest

Back