Obi-Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius said:
I hope Sideshow is listening so they could make the changes during this prototype phase....

PLEASE MAKE THE TUNIC DARKER!

Other than that... that Obi-Wan rocks!

it does need to be darker, but if they release it as is, it's no big deal. some tan rite dye, or submerging the tunic in a glass of tea will fix it. no big deal.:banana

Buttmunch said:
Man, do all of those guys over at Rebelscum just complain about everything? If they cut off Ewan's head and stuck it on the figure they would say it still doesn't look like him. What do they want?

It seems Andy sculpted this too.

i learned my lesson after getting worried about the anakin pre-view pic. after seeing the sculpt from multiple angles, i was happy.

i'm sure after sideshow releases 10 different photos, most everyone will be happy.:cool:

Buttmunch said:
Man, do all of those guys over at Rebelscum just complain about everything? If they cut off Ewan's head and stuck it on the figure they would say it still doesn't look like him. What do they want?

It seems Andy sculpted this too.
Yeah that's why I avoid posting there. But they are good for a laugh, I remember reading when the line was first announced that some of them were thinking that these figures might be sold in Wal Mart!
:mwaha
Not all of them are daft, manny of the ones that know their stuff also post here or have in the past. ;)
The head sculpt looks great so far, There is something strange about the paint job though, his skin looks a little too mottled imho.

For the exclusive, I'd like the electrostaff, with the blaster as a regular accessory.
A baby Luke might be cool too.
:banana

Last edited:
There is something strange about the paint job though, his skin looks a little too mottled imho.

The skin under his eyes looks a little too red, like he's been crying. There also seem to be a few too many creases under his eyes. This isn't old Ben just yet. But, as always, it could be due to the picture.

A figure's worth a thousand pics.

screamingmetal said:
Yeah that's why I avoid posting there. But they are good for a laugh, I remember reading when the line was first announced that some of them were thinking that these figures might be sold in Wal Mart!
:mwaha
Not all of them are daft, manny of the ones that know their stuff also post here or have in the past. ;)
The head sculpt looks great so far, There is something strange about the paint job though, his skin looks a little too mottled imho.

For the exclusive, I'd like the electrostaff, with the blaster as a regular accessory.
A baby Luke might be cool too.
:banana

I remember that too! That was funny. None of them had any idea what to expect. Now they are complaining they aren't good enough, but yet they are loving the new 3 3/4 figures that Hasbro is putting out that look like crap. :rolleyes:

Darth Waller said:
Do they even collect Sideshow 1/4? I haven't seen a single thread discussing them.

if you look in the "other collectibles" area, you'll see some discussions.

Cant wait for friday! Glad that they changed it to where you can call & priority pre-order it if you want! :banana

With the new system in place, you could probably order five or six of them in the amount of time it would take for a phone order. Of course, there is a one piece limit, but you know what I'm saying.

Guess todays LOTR item was a test :D Hope they will be up for Obiwan, Anakin was fun, well it was for me at least lol.

Aerosmith said:
Cant wait for friday! Glad that they changed it to where you can call & priority pre-order it if you want! :banana

Agreed. It's great to have that as a possible option.

The Obi-Wan looks as fantastic as the Luke and Anakin, I'm loving this line more each month.

Great job Sideshow! :rock

Aerosmith said:

Yeah, I'll have to try the calling in method. I'll be in Disney World with my daughter and my parents. They are going to think it very strange that from 1pm I'll become anti-social while I repeatedly try and call someone. Better charge up the cell phone.

Again my problem is I will be at work and not able to order the exclusive
as my boss would kill me if I used the computer at work for personal reasons.

So I guess I will be stuck buying the regular version like I did with Anakin.

Extreme Suckage

He looks very good though.

Woo-frickin'-hoo.

My favorite character in my favorite scale made by my favorite toy company.

Thanks Sideshow. I was afraid I'd have to wait a while for Obi-Wan.

I've got to set up a fake meeting in Outlook so no one books me for a meeting during the pre-order period.

Protozaius said:
I hope Sideshow is listening so they could make the changes during this prototype phase....

PLEASE MAKE THE TUNIC DARKER!

Other than that... that Obi-Wan rocks!

I am guessing this is the "day after doing the wash" Obi-Wan so thats why its white.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Yeah, I think Sideshow's smart enough not to make baby Luke an exclusive accessory.

I hope SSC is smart enough to give the collectors what they want... The baby Luke would be excellent. And Senator Organa could come with baby Leia.

12" Ewan/Obi Wan

Wow, another 12" Star Wars and we haven't even gotten the first one in hand!! This bodes poorly for the wallets of the unrich.
123005obiwan_01.jpg

Back