Obi Wan Kenobi, LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my Obi-Wan LSB today and man am I happy! :rock

012-1.jpg

009-Copy.jpg

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

I think this looks awesome! the paint looks really good and if i had enough room i'd be ordering one for sure. Congrats to all that got one. :rock

The pics look great. Can't wait to get mine.

Thanks! :hi5:

I actually think those pictures look a lot better than the prototype shots. Still not a dead-on likeness by any means, but not bad.

Thanks, I rushed on taking the pics and want to take better ones. :eek:

I respectfully disagree, I think the LSB hits the bullseye with the likeness to Sir Alec Guinness...but everyone sees things differently. :peace

I'm very happy with this piece overall and that's all that matters! :D :rock

I think this looks awesome! the paint looks really good and if i had enough room i'd be ordering one for sure. Congrats to all that got one. :rock

Buy a bigger house, Jay! ;) :hi5:

Last edited:
One thing I'm truly impressed by with this bust was that Mat captured the emotion of Guinness into it, even if all the features are not exact, the piece still feels like Guinness Kenobi and certainly not McGreggor's younger portrayal.

IMO, this LSB captures Guinness' Kenobi and I love all the detail put into this piece.

It makes an excellent addition to any Star Wars collection!

Agree 100%

Best Guinness we have seen thus far, The PF has an excellent likeness but this has the edge.

To me, this is the best looking of the 3 Star Wars LSBs given the style Sideshow is using for them. Cody looks great but I don't like the way his left size is cut, the Sidious just doesn't do much for me, but the way they sculpted and arranged the flow of Obi-Wan's robes really works with the non-traditional approach they're taking in this line.

To me, this is the best looking of the 3 Star Wars LSBs given the style Sideshow is using for them. Cody looks great but I don't like the way his left size is cut, the Sidious just doesn't do much for me, but the way they sculpted and arranged the flow of Obi-Wan's robes really works with the non-traditional approach they're taking in this line.

Agreed. I love the way this bust's features flow. I hope we see Princess Leia next and I hope we get a Han Solo out of this line!

Between the PF, the 12" fig, and now this...Sideshow has been doing impressive work on Old Ben.

Agreed. I love the way this bust's features flow. I hope we see Princess Leia next and I hope we get a Han Solo out of this line!
I think Han will be tricky, I think this style is best suited to costumes that can have a nice flow. Someone like Darth Maul should look good, you could do Jedi Luke with his hooded rope from Jabba's palace, Hoth Han might work better than ANH. I do think most robed/caped characters will do best with this style. Sidious not so much because of that split of fur and the other materila in his robe, if it were a single material, I think it would look more natural. The way they just drape Obi-Wan's robe like he might lay it over the front of his body really works, it looks natural and not forced.

Between the PF, the 12" fig, and now this...Sideshow has been doing impressive work on Old Ben.

I've been impressed with the dio Bens as well.

I think Han will be tricky, I think this style is best suited to costumes that can have a nice flow. Someone like Darth Maul should look good, you could do Jedi Luke with his hooded rope from Jabba's palace, Hoth Han might work better than ANH. I do think most robed/caped characters will do best with this style. Sidious not so much because of that split of fur and the other materila in his robe, if it were a single material, I think it would look more natural. The way they just drape Obi-Wan's robe like he might lay it over the front of his body really works, it looks natural and not forced.

Oh yeah, Han will be tricky but I think a Hoth Han or even an Endor Han with his camo trench would do.

I just hope tradition humans do well enough in this line to get them to consider them for 1:1 busts. You can't do everyone, but I think Ep 1, 3 or 4 Kenobi would sell well.

I'd actually like to see Ep 1-3 Obi-Wan LSB's, I've really come to like the character after the prequels developed him more, and I find all of Ewan's looks interesting, provided the Episode 1 and 2 were based on his natural hair and bear and not the horrendous wigs and prosthetics they used in pickups.

Back