Obama=Muslim?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting hammered by Snuffleupagus, or whatever his name is, by questions about whether or not people brining up Palin's pregnant teenage daughter is equal to people suggesting Obama is Muslim this is what was said:

Obama: "Let's not play games. What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come."

Snuffy: "Christian faith."

Obama: "My Christian faith, Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either. What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time."

ZOMGS!!11!11one!!!1 IT'S TEH END OF TEH WORLD!!1!1

really? you don't think the spin is the people quoting that little soundbite and not the entire quote in context?

Interesting....

Even with the entire context, it's not like he slipped up.

After the reporter "corrected" his words, Obama didn't even appear to care. I think he meant what he said when he said "Muslim faith." If he didn't, why wouldn't he address his slip up right there during the interview?

OMG... maybe he is actually an Al Queda operative. Fear for your lives everyone. :rolleyes:

1) Obama is NOT a Muslim.

2) A Candidate's Religion should never be an issue, unless A Candidate knowingly misrepresented his background for Political gain.

3) According to Muslim law he was indeed born a Muslim. Every son of a Muslim is born Muslim and his Father was Muslim. His half Brother was quoted as saying all the children were raised Muslim at first, and attended Muslim schools. Then he later retracted his quote so there is some ambiguity in Obama stating he was never a Muslim. In any case Obama was a young child when he was raised Christian by his White Mother.

4) That Quote was taken out of context and shouldn't be used to construe anything other than what he meant by it. But he could have phrased it better to avoid this nonsense.

2) A Candidate's Religion should never be an issue, unless A Candidate knowingly misrepresented his background for Political gain.

3) According to Muslim law he was indeed born a Muslim. Every son of a Muslim is born Muslim and his Father was Muslim. His half Brother was quoted as saying all the children were raised Muslim at first, and attended Muslim schools. Then he later retracted his quote so there is some ambiguity in Obama stating he was never a Muslim. In any case Obama was a young child when he was raised Christian by his White Mother.

4) That Quote was taken out of context and shouldn't be used to construe anything other than what he meant by it. But he could have phrased it better to avoid this nonsense.

QFT. :lecture

This is pure gold for the republicans who want to reach to voters with only the attentions spans for the 10 second soundbite followed by the 7 minutes of FoxNews commentary. :lol

Wow, just when I though that their couldn't be a dumber political thread I'm amazed again :lol

Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay is worth watching. Funny stuff lol

QFT. :lecture

This is pure gold for the republicans who want to reach to voters with only the attentions spans for the 10 second soundbite followed by the 7 minutes of FoxNews commentary. :lol

:lol So freakin true....

My own step Mother told me that, and I quote: "I just can't vote for someone named Obama, sounds too much like Osama." :banghead

I seriously wanted to light myself on fire... :lol

:lol So freakin true....

My own step Mother told me that, and I quote: "I just can't vote for someone named Obama, sounds too much like Osama." :banghead

I seriously wanted to light myself on fire... :lol

I have an aunt like that. She is intelligent and educated and thinks the same thing. :slap

Well said.

Don't you just love America's tolerance toward all religions? Say the word muslim and everyone conjures up images of terrorists. George & Co. did their job well these past years. Dirka dirka.

I have an aunt like that. She is intelligent and educated and thinks the same thing. :slap

Yeah, it's hard... She even told me that she like Palin... because.. "She has spunk!"

No talk about qualifications, or what they plan to do... just sucked in by a speech. Blows me away. :horror

I realize I'm being completely ignorant and biggoted, but I really don't care. I do not want anyone associated with the Muslim faith running our country. and sorry, but "Barrack Hussein Obama" sounds pretty Muslim to me.

If you had asked me before 9/11/2001, I wouldn't have had such a strong opinion. But ever since then, I just can't forget what a group of animals did to my country in the name of the Muslim religion. And for there to be little to no denouncing that act of war by the rest of the world's Muslims leads me to conclude that they didn't have a problem with it.

I'm pretty sure that I will feel the same way in another 10 or 20 years. I know it's prejudiced, and this was probably just a small group of extremists that gave the enitre religion a bad global view, but I can't get past it. I've heard very few positive things about the Muslim faith in my extremely limited exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back