Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon) with my kitbash. :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long do they give you with the actor? Sounds like it was a couple minute conversation?

How long do they give you with the actor? Sounds like it was a couple minute conversation?

It is really up to the actor. Norman does an outstanding job of moving people along without making them feel rushed. The people who put a little more effort into things (ex: people in costume, people who bring him gifts, or art, figures, etc...) he will spend some more time with. People who are obviously dealers, will get pushed through a bit faster, but he is still very nice to them.

On Friday the con was over at 10pm. Norman signed until 2am to make sure everyone who had stood in line got to see him. Saturday the con was over at 7 and he signed until 9:30 (they capped the line at 1pm).

Sunday the con closed at 5. I'm not sure how long he was there for but he changed his flight so he could stay and sign. Ended up getting stranded due to the weather.

Can't imagine the amount of money he made this weekend. Being on TWD is definitely his side job. :)

On a side note. Chandler Riggs was supposed to be there Saturday and Sunday. He left early on Saturday, didn't do the panel, and didn't come back Sunday.

It is really up to the actor. Norman does an outstanding job of moving people along without making them feel rushed. The people who put a little more effort into things (ex: people in costume, people who bring him gifts, or art, figures, etc...) he will spend some more time with. People who are obviously dealers, will get pushed through a bit faster, but he is still very nice to them.

On Friday the con was over at 10pm. Norman signed until 2am to make sure everyone who had stood in line got to see him. Saturday the con was over at 7 and he signed until 9:30 (they capped the line at 1pm).

Sunday the con closed at 5. I'm not sure how long he was there for but he changed his flight so he could stay and sign. Ended up getting stranded due to the weather.

Can't imagine the amount of money he made this weekend. Being on TWD is definitely his side job. :)

On a side note. Chandler Riggs was supposed to be there Saturday and Sunday. He left early on Saturday, didn't do the panel, and didn't come back Sunday.

Sounds like Norman Reedus is super cool and appreciates his fans. As for Chandler Riggs: he is a kid. If his parents thought the atmosphere, the upcoming forecast of bad weather, or anything else might/was causing him or his parents grief...it might be why he bailed.

Not saying anythign for sure. But there was another little guy that came to a HorrorHound a few years ago named Quinn Lord. He played Sam in Trick r Treat. I dont think he's been to another show since. I am pretty sure he was there with his pops, who was pretty straight laced and proper. That may be why he hasn't been back. may have to wait til he's grown.

I had to stop taking my kid to the shows due to overcrowding, rude adults, and the introduction of a whole lot of material that has nothing to do with monsters, and more to do with the Hustler store if you catch my meaning,lol.

So...its entirely possible Chandler's parents pulled the plug.

Wish I could've went to this, but it just wasnt gonna happen currently.:monkey2

I'm just a bad parent. ;)

300178_10200997661642869_1170712833_n.jpg

188408_10200993032927154_533408165_n.jpg

I would love to meet Norman R. He seems like such a cool person from his interviews / facebook...etc. He is becoming a rock star of the horror Genre for sure. Its always nice when you see good people make it big in this world and from the outside, Norman seems like an amazing person.

I would love to meet Norman R. He seems like such a cool person from his interviews / facebook...etc. He is becoming a rock star of the horror Genre for sure. Its always nice when you see good people make it big in this world and from the outside, Norman seems like an amazing person.

Dude don't forget he was a Boondock Saint that movie fn rocks!

I'm just a bad parent. ;)

300178_10200997661642869_1170712833_n.jpg

188408_10200993032927154_533408165_n.jpg

Super cool parent, esp. when they are that age. But my kid is older now and....understands things he overlooked before becoming a teenager,lol. I really dont feel like avoiding the tables with "Zombie Hooker Strippers Who Strip Nude for Their Killer at Sleepaway Camp" dvds on the table~~ now that he's aware enuff to notice them,lol.

After he turns 18, we can go back. But these early teen years are already killing me without adding more fuel to the flame,lol. He's met a lot of horror stars though. I was a "bad parent" too.....super cool bad.:lol:peace

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52964&highlight=horrorhound

Yup, only a few minutes. It was about 4pm when I met him on Sunday. Didn't want to hold him up, my mission was successful. Also got some artwork signed. I'll post it up tonight.

Dude is awesome, very cool of him to stay over both days. At 40 a pop I think I would have to pull some all nighters too. :rock You can tell he really has love for his TWD character and fans.

Norman made some bank, that is for sure. :lol I was amazed at how many people he had in line. People were lined up in the snow waiting in his line. Luckily when I hit the line it had basically made it's way into the doors. This was Sunday too, I didn't even try Saturday.

and Blade !!!!!:hi5::hi5::hi5:

Blade 2, it's Del Toro so it matters bro. :lol

The best part is your kids will always remember the event. They can recount their tales of how dear ole dad let Daryl Dixon save them from zombies.

One of the last ones we went to had Gunnar Hansen---the original Leatherface in attendance signing autographs.

I wanted to go to one of the dealer's tables, and thought perhaps my boy might be getting on his nerves with all his questions. Not to mention holding up his line. I vocalized my concerns to him, hoping to move him on. But he wasn't done, and Mr. Hansen knew it.

Mr. Hansen said: "Hey, if its ok with you, he can hang here for a minute. I will sign for the guys in line, and then finish answering his questions". It was super cool that he treated my 10 year old with this much respect.

My son will be able to tell his kids: "My dad was so cool, he let Leatherface babysit me"

That's the kind of memories you are building. When they turn teenagers though---it gets a littleuncomfortable. At least for me. It Looks like the kids had a great time.

I have heard a lot of complaints about crowds,lines, and mis-management by staff about the show.

Thats kind of another reason we started bailing. I waited in line to see George Romero at the last one we attended....only to be told the line was cut off, so dont bother. Talk about a bummer. I did get to wave at him thoguh...and he waved back. :waveWhich was cool.:lol

The best part was when we got home and watched TWD, she wanted to know why he didn't wear the poncho she gave him. Ill have to dig out one if those episodes and pretend it is new for her.

Yup, I planned on it! :hi5:

First question was "where did you get that?" :lol I tried to explain how I pieced it together and told him the body is actually from a Bruce Lee figure. He got a kick out of that, pun intended. I explained the head/bow are 3d sculpted and he asked who made the head. Gave a shout out to WGP. Also mentioned Rich (thanks for the poncho). He said "that's so badass man" quite a few times while checking it out. :lol I said I would give it to him as a gift, but it is somewhat of an expensive figure. He asked how much I had in it, not sure what his reaction to that was. Hard to read someone wearing glasses. Very cool experience. He is for sure into the figures (of himself). :rotfl

Thanks brother! Awesome. Saturday was insane huh?

Thanks!

Oh man, Congratulations on the amazing meet up with Norman. That sounds so awesome, getting to talk to him about figures. wow :hi5:

he sounds like such an amazing guy. He probably is amazing to his friends and whatnot. I just love hearing about celebrities that are nice to everyone. That just makes me happy to hear, specially with someone like Norman with so much talent.

Such a great guy.

Back