Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to get pikmin 3 as well. Can't wait for Mario kart one of the main reasons I picked up a wii u

There is a pre-buy survey for Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo right now. Go take the survey and you'll get 10 bonus coins when you register the game.

Rumor is a new system will be revealed at E3. Rumor is also that it's another strange system that isn't made to compete with XBOne & PS4.

So long as Monolith's X comes out I'll be happy. Super smash and Mario kart are exciting too, but nothing has my interest like X.

If I have a tv that only has hd inputs and my wii has the standard composite cables, what solution is there to take care of that?

That's not possible, they haven't had enough time to develop one or develop software for it.

Not to mention, smash isn't even out yet. IMO, they too need to drop the price a good 100, a pad-less (controller instead) smash bundle version. That may really help sales?

Not to mention, smash isn't even out yet. IMO, they too need to drop the price a good 100, a pad-less (controller instead) smash bundle version. That may really help sales?

they need to unlock the entirety of their virtual console for wii u…get that done..I shouldn't have 2 years in almost to play mario bros 3…and tease more content, develop awesome versions of their first party titles (a wario version of new super mario bros 2D), a new, legit kirby game, a new metroid, develop a new title or two and be more engaged with fans.

Their sales are already screwed, there's nothing to change about it now. They should have put it out as the Wii HD without the gamepad before the Wii sales dropped so much. Then they would have been able to benefit from all the multi-platform games and maintain interest. And then they would be able to put out a new next-gen console around the same time as the others.

Their sales are already screwed, there's nothing to change about it now. They should have put it out as the Wii HD without the gamepad before the Wii sales dropped so much. Then they would have been able to benefit from all the multi-platform games and maintain interest. And then they would be able to put out a new next-gen console around the same time as the others.

I personally LOVE the gamepad..and i also don't see how that would negatively affect sales…what would they want a regular controller? Ok well you can still use it like that and its also a touch screen tablet thing…I love playing virtual console games on the gamepad while someone else is using the tv or its just off, etc. It allows me to reminisce about my old gameboy game gear handheld days…and the VC games do look fantastic there and theres no difference between the gamepad and my 1080p 3D tv for the VC games…obviously theres a difference for newer modern titles but still, I like it as a nice addition. I have the gamepad and the wii pro controller….the only thing I will say is that this is not my primary gaming console…I have my ps3 and ps4 for that..to me this thing, despite the VC content, doesn't not have enough quality titles to be my primary game console..i like nintendo first party titles a lot but for serious hardcore gaming I go to the sony..

I love the game pad , it's been the best experience to sit in bed and play metriod. I just wish there was more to buy. I want shadows of the empire

I personally LOVE the gamepad..and i also don't see how that would negatively affect sales…what would they want a regular controller? Ok well you can still use it like that and its also a touch screen tablet thing…I love playing virtual console games on the gamepad while someone else is using the tv or its just off, etc. It allows me to reminisce about my old gameboy game gear handheld days…and the VC games do look fantastic there and theres no difference between the gamepad and my 1080p 3D tv for the VC games…obviously theres a difference for newer modern titles but still, I like it as a nice addition. I have the gamepad and the wii pro controller….the only thing I will say is that this is not my primary gaming console…I have my ps3 and ps4 for that..to me this thing, despite the VC content, doesn't not have enough quality titles to be my primary game console..i like nintendo first party titles a lot but for serious hardcore gaming I go to the sony..

If they had wanted to launch it earlier they wouldn't have been able to with the gamepad because it makes the console too expensive.
In any case, I've read in reviews for several games how people don't enjoy using the gamepad as a controller, like for Mario Kart to Mario 3D. Considering how few games even use its features outside of off-TV play it doesn't really matter. Just like how there wasn't really much to use the Kinect on the Xbox One.
And the first-party Nintendo games are actually neglecting it the most.

Back