Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a Wii-U soley to play Nintendo games in HD, I'm not interested in any of the announced games so far really, and any I do like I'm already getting or have for PS3.

Not sure about 'worst', but it's certainly played out and probably the least interesting Mario game release in a while.

I'm not particularly interested in any of the launch games except for Zombi U, and that's not a safe bet by any means.

I'm surprised the new Mario game isn't at 1080p considering how simple it is.

I'm also surprised anyone cares about it, it's got to be the worst Mario game ever

The new Wii U release? To be honest, I'm a huge fan of the Mario 64 style of game play vs side scrolling, so I'm already less interested in it. It's cool, and I love the NES games and everything, but I just view that side scrolling games as second tier releases.

Overall, the Wii's U release seems poorly planned imo. A supposed factory/warehouse fire that affected the number of available Wii U units, a release line up that has no real BIG Nintendo games (imo), moderately successful exclusives, and ports of games most of us have already. It just seems rushed, and I think Nintendo could have waited another 6-12 months and STILL been ahead of Microsoft and Sony in the "next" gen console race.

I doubt I'm gonna buy the new system since I hardly play the wii I have now but, other than the new super mario bros and donkey kong country, are there any other games similar to those on the wii? Me and my sis really enjoyed those games.

Launch lineup is fine. A launch is never going to have every game people want. A new Mario and a few intriguing exclusives is more than decent IMO. By Nintendo standards, I think this is one of their stronger lineups. At least in terms of options.

I also think this system had to come out this year. Next year, the serious hardware will be out or at the least, fully revealed and casting a long shadow over this system. This way, Nintendo gets a full year of having the most powerful and unique console on the market.

I'm also surprised anyone cares about it, it's got to be the worst Mario game ever

Geez, what's up with that? :gah:

That's part of the appeal for me.
I passed on the Wii because it didn't have native 1080P resolution.

Worst Mario game?
You've never heard of the CD-i?

Consider yourself lucky.

Still, I'll take 1080 interlaced over 480P on a 1080 HDTV.

The upscaling actually made the picture look worse on a HDTV than on a SDTV set because of Wii's native 480P.

Yeah my three major draws for this system are:

Playing Big N titles in HD.

ZELDA

And transferring all my Wii Virtual Titles onto the Wii U

I guess the biggest title will be Zelda in HD. I really cant wait for that. And Im hoping for more traditional gameplay again. I never liked played Twilight Princess with the wii mote or Skyward Sword. Im hoping for a really interactive inventory menu with the new gamepad though.

It is in 1080p. Where did you hear otherwise?

EDIT: Oh, so they changed resolutions. That's weird. :(

But from what I'm reading the game has always been demoed at 720p so it's not like we are losing anything from what we've already been shown.

The demo kiosks are here! My cousin got to play one at a Best Buy last night. All stores should already have them but they are only required to have them working by 10/28.

Strange this is the only demo is Rayman which isn't even a launch title. All the rest are videos except for M-rated titles which are only screengrabs.

Hardly any PS3 games are 1080p. None of the 360 games are. Most are 1080i or 720p.

Well considering that the new Mario game is not graphically demanding, and the Wii U has more processing power you'd think it would be one of the games that could play at full 1080p.

BTW news today is that the console is being sold at a loss--not surprising, they had to lower the cost or it wouldn't have sold. I think this might be the first Nintendo console launched with a price at a loss.

Actually the Wii was the first Nintendo system to NOT sell at a loss if I remember correctly. That is why Nintendo is stacked for cash right now.

Actually the Wii was the first Nintendo system to NOT sell at a loss if I remember correctly. That is why Nintendo is stacked for cash right now.

Huh, after the initial run, they lost a lot of money.

Cant wait to get zombie u ign just played a recent build and there calling it a killer app system seller.

I'll be getting a Wii U launch day. Didn't preorder though so will be braving Target at opening that morning for the Premium Bundle. :panic:

I'll be getting a Wii U launch day. Didn't preorder though so will be braving Target at opening that morning for the Premium Bundle. :panic:

Are you sure that's going to work? Sounds like most likely all inventory will be for preorders. I would think they will not have any available for sale on the release date.

Back