Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet. Glad it comes bundled with this.

Bayonetta is my second favourite game of all time, after Ocarina of Time, so I really hope that you enjoy them both, mate.

This question is open to anyone. Is there any word on the next game in the Zelda series & a possible release date?

They don't have an official name for it but it's an open-world game that will be released sometime next year. It's a mix between a realistic and a cartoon style.

Oh, wow! It's actually due next year. & open-world sounds sensational. I'm getting a Wii U soon anyway but knowing that a new Zelda game is coming very soon just makes becoming a Wii U owner all the more wonderful. Thanks for the info. :duff

I think the Wii U will be worth getting once Zelda is out. Though they'll probably announce a new console not that long after

I don't know about that though, pal. I read that the most accurate sales figures that we can garner suggest that the Wii U has sold around 7.5 million units. The Xbox One is said to be around 6 million & the PS4 dominates at an alleged 12 million. So I don't think that the Wii U is quite the mega flop that some would have us believe based mainly on it's first terrible year of sales. It seems to be doing quite well now & I think that it'll be around for a few years more.

I don't know about that though, pal. I read that the most accurate sales figures that we can garner suggest that the Wii U has sold around 7.5 million units. The Xbox One is said to be around 6 million & the PS4 dominates at an alleged 12 million. So I don't think that the Wii U is quite the mega flop that some would have us believe based mainly on it's first terrible year of sales. It seems to be doing quite well now & I think that it'll be around for a few years more.

At it's current sales it's behind where the Gamecube was at the same point, the Gamecube was a failure and sold only a little over 20 million consoles. So doing even worse is not a good sign. PS4 is at 13.5 million confirmed sales, Xbox will probably be at 10 million sales by the end of the year due to their aggressive sales.
I'd almost expect them to announce a new console next year, except that they've got Zelda and Starfox coming out and they wouldn't announce it at the same time those were releasing.

I like it, too. I'm over all the first person shooter games. I enjoy playing Wii U with my wife and daughter.

At it's current sales it's behind where the Gamecube was at the same point, the Gamecube was a failure and sold only a little over 20 million consoles. So doing even worse is not a good sign. PS4 is at 13.5 million confirmed sales, Xbox will probably be at 10 million sales by the end of the year due to their aggressive sales.
I'd almost expect them to announce a new console next year, except that they've got Zelda and Starfox coming out and they wouldn't announce it at the same time those were releasing.

Isn't it one of those quirks whereby the GameCube was the only one of the consoles that generation to actually make money on it's hardware? I know that the Xbox ended up losing Microsoft a fortune but I also think that Sony lost a lot of money on PS2 hardware, although making up for it big time with it's software.

I'm not, in any way, suggesting that the GameCube wasn't a failure, because it certainly was, but the machine was a hell of a lot cheaper to make than either of the other 2. I would imagine that this must be the case with the Wii U, too. But this is purely speculation on my part.

No, PS2 sold 160 million consoles, but Xbox wasn't profitable. I doubt that the Gamecube was super cheap to produce, it was actually the most powerful of the three.
Nintendo hasn't made any money on the Wii U yet, since it's been out they've had loses and only in a recent quarter did they make any profit, but that includes the 3DS. And most of the games that have come out for the Wii U haven't sold enough to cover the costs of development. Wii U may be cheaper to make than an Xbox One or a PS4, but it'll never sell enough to make a profit, the other ones will last much longer. And if the PS4 isn't making a profit yet, then it won't take long.

Facts:
Looking at sales of Wii U at the end of September compared to the same period of the Gamecube the Wii U had 7.2 million in sales, and the Gamecube had 10.45 million in sales
And currently there's only 7 Wii U games that have sold more than a million copies.

Don't anger the ps fanboy :lol

This is 'in no way' aimed at you, darthviper107. I don't know you at all & this is just a general response to BurningRage's last post.

In my experience on internet forums Sony fanboys are the most vitriolic, smug, hate-filled, arrogant & thoroughly unpleasant fanboys in the world. The astonishing amount of hate that they have for Nintendo & Microsoft never ceases to amaze me & seems to far exceed their love for their own brand.

I am not at all a PS fanboy--I don't know where anyone would get that idea from

No one has to be a fanboy to understand the numbers--Wii U just isn't doing well, they will probably have a better console come out as soon as they can. I'm thinking they will try to integrate their mobile gaming with the console in some way rather than just trying to compete as a console. Though I think if they were able to match the capabilities of the PS4/Xbox One then they could do well. The Wii U came out too late, they should have released it as the Wii HD without the gamepad, like a year earlier, then it could have competed with PS3/Xbox 360.

Back