Nice body for a Slave leia.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of movement on the project today;I set the head sculpt up in clay for molding.Still haven't figured out the pour yet, but I'm comfortable with the parting line...PS

Unfortunately that is exactly how Gentle Giant made it made it.

This is how it should have looked like (prototype):

SDC_5829_resize.JPG

That was perfect. ____in GG. :lol

Since you guys are all so visually oriented, a photo of Leia's head, set up in clay for molding...
DSCN4205.jpg

Still haven't quite figured out how I'm gonna vent this baby, but at least I can afford rubber this time out!...PS

I personally can't stand that seamless body. The legs and trunk are fine, but as soon as you get to the shoulders and down the arms to the hands, it just looks like ass to me.

I personally can't stand that seamless body. The legs and trunk are fine, but as soon as you get to the shoulders and down the arms to the hands, it just looks like ass to me.

The forearms look like they belong on a different type of build, whereas the shoulders are completely awkward and toy-like. I'd prefer a balljoint to a seamless joint that looks dislocated.

It's a great custom overall; the headsculpt is looking good and everything fits together nicely. It's just those darn shoulders that keep the body from being as realistic as it tries to be.

And the mold is poured and cured.If the temp. in the basement co-operates I'll give her a test shot this weekend...PS

I'd rather wait that use that. Those thick arms, and the rolls of fat in the should when the arms are at the sides. :lol

I finally got a GG bust cheap to use for a head. The more I looked at the koto head the more I saw that beetle juice picture. Lol. I'll try to do the head swap soon and post some pics.

The mold is now fully vented, and I've gotten a decent cast(4th try). I'm getting a lot of "foaming" in the rezin;think it might be starting to go bad,which is a bit disturbing as I only bought it last summer. Anyone know the average shelf life of Smooth-On products?The Alumilite I was using before would literally last years...PS

Yes. The casting resin from smooth on lasts about a year before turning bad as long as you store it in a cool dry place. If it sits in a closet outside during the summer, as mine did, or in a warm house the shelf life is greatly reduced.

Mine's been sitting on my work table in the basement, which IS cool and dry(perhaps too cool).Always something...PS

That Hot Stuff body looks pretty good, just seems like it might be a little knock-knee'd, maybe. It might just be the pose in those first couple pix though. Also, way to expensive for my budget unfortunately.

Oh I hear that brother. I'm willing to pay 150 175 for a whole slave Leia figure but 140 for just a body is a little steep for me.

Back