Next 1/4 premium format announcement- July at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansilv

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Does anyone think we will have to wait until July to get a new 1/4 scale premium format announcement at SDCC?

I sure hope not.

I wouldn't mind waiting that long.

I just hope that for the Con there will be an exclusive Star Wars or Lord of the Rings 12" figure, or anything from Marvel!!

I'd like to see 1-2 PF announcements before SDCC actually. The last one was Leia and how long ago was that?

jlcmsu said:
The last one was Leia and how long ago was that?

Early November, and prior to that the last announcement was Obi-Wan right before SDCC '05!! :horror

2 Star Wars PF's a year ain't gonna cut it. The release schedule so far is beyond ridiculous. This line premiered at SDCC '04. We've had a big THREE releases since then.

Yeah, we need a few more announements on this line and we need the LOTR lines to pick up some.

Am I missing anyone?
Vader
Obi-Wan
Luke
Luke SDCC Version
Han
Grievous
Leia

Am I missing anyone?
Vader
Obi-Wan
Luke
Luke SDCC Version
Han
Grievous
Leia

Han Rebel Hero EX missing... (Mine is coming in the next days, I got the tracking number tonight):D

Well, If I have to choose I would like Boba Fett and Emperor Palpatine to be the next 2 Star Wars Premium Format Figures.

They have only announced one Star Wars PF since SDCC 2005. I will be surprised and disappointed if they only announce two figures in the space of a year. Three or four a year is much better.

Yes, there are a lot coming out right now, but by the time SDCC hits, there will be absolutely NO announced Star Wars PFs on the horizon... At all.

At this point, those of us who consider this to be their favorite line have nothing specific to look forward to after Leia. Anything announced at SDCC will not be released for at least nine months. So a year from now the most recent release would still be Leia. I think they will do more than that to keep us interested.

Three or four a year means a new one every 3 or four months. It has been 4 months since Leia. They could give us one immediately and then one in late July at SDCC, and still be on track for 3-4 a year.

I do think we will see one at SDCC as an exclusive to help ease this lull and I also think we'll see 1-2 announced at SDCC. Then we just might see another 1-2 announced post SDCC. One of which I would hope is Darth Maul.

elwood49 said:
Early November, and prior to that the last announcement was Obi-Wan right before SDCC '05!! :horror

2 Star Wars PF's a year ain't gonna cut it. The release schedule so far is beyond ridiculous. This line premiered at SDCC '04. We've had a big THREE releases since then.

Yeah, I was hoping for a lot more by now...I hate waiting.

My guess is Fett or C3PO/R2 will be next and then a stormtrooper. That's probably it for the year for the OT.

I heard on the grapevine that they wanted some of the SW PFs to actually ship before announcing more. Now that is happening I think we might see a couple of more announcements soon...or not.

That's probably a good idea- I think that when collectors see the quality of Vader and Grievous, it will become clear that these are the definitive star wars statue collectibles. Attakus is good, but I honestly think Sideshow's are better. Especially Grievous- I saw him on display lat year, and he was stunning. I had never seen anything like it.

That's probably a good idea, wasn't Obi supposed to ship this month? and Grievious in April? Anybody know an estimated ship date for Leia? Maybe they've been working on the next PF for a while, and there won't be a 9-12 month wait before it ships. That could also be part of the delay. Everybody keeps saying we're only getting 2 a year, but the line started around last summer, so by this summer, we'll probably have 5~6 in a year. I just wish the releases were spread out more, to make them easier to afford.

GSRJedi said:
.. Maybe they've been working on the next PF for a while, and there won't be a 9-12 month wait before it ships. That could also be part of the delay. ...

This would be great. I think 6 months of waitting would be great, not more, and better less. How many pages will have de boba release thread if we have to wait one year? A new record for sure!

In the last Toy Fair chat someone at sideshow tell the next figure will be a bad caracter, with a 6 of 10 in the evil scale (when 10 is Vader). And this statue was thinking to be presented during the show, but they couldn't do it at least.

Saludos!!

It's not a bad idea at all. I just want them to get to Maul, Dark Side Anakin, and Clones ASAP.

Am I the only one who's looking forward to being able to save some money for a few months?

We'll still have the 12" figures to look forward to.

Yeah, but the PF are pretty cool and allow us to have our faves in a much bigger scale. I'm really looking forward to have Maul in 12" but having him in PF is so much more exciting.

I think it's good SS isn't pulling out PFs once a month, although some people seem to have no problem spending 300 dollars a month on just SW PFs alot of people just can't afford it. This way Sideshow also gives the less fortunate collectors a chance to complete this line.

I totally understand that as I can't afford a new PF every month but since these don't usually hit until as was said 9 months later and not very often in the same month. A couple new announcements wouldn't hurt.

I'd settle for just a tease. Maybe give us clues as to which one is next. Say whether he was in the PT or OT. Maybe then if he/she was human or not. They could do something like this once a month or so just to give us something to go on and of course give us plenty to talk about here. How about a clue a month to keep us guessing? It's better than being left in the dark.

Darklord Dave said:
I heard on the grapevine that they wanted some of the SW PFs to actually ship before announcing more. Now that is happening I think we might see a couple of more announcements soon...or not.

That may be true, but those 3 are due out within the next 2-3 months. Even if they announce one after that, it will be announced as a Q4 '06 release, but I'm sure it will be Q1 or Q2 '07 until it actually ships. That's a HUGE gap between releases, which is what I'm so disappointed about.

Let's not forget that Han, Vader, and Obi-Wan were supposed to come out last year. 1 PF last year and 5 early this year still only equals 3 per year. I was hoping for a MINIMUM of 6 Star Wars PF's a year (about one every 2 months).

Back