NEW YORK COMIC CON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DO NOT GO SATURDAY. I don't know about the NYCC, but SDCC, saturday is a hellish day which is to be avoided at all costs. Friday probably wouldn't be too bad. But if you haven't gone before, it's worth a looksie.

Personally, when it came to the crowds. I thought Thursday was 'saturday'. Friday was bad as well. Saturday was actually... pretty tame. This year may be worse.

Last edited:
Personally, when it came to the crowds. I thought Thursday was 'saturday'. Friday was bad as well. Saturday was actually... pretty tame. This year may be worse.

WOW, then NYCC is much different than SDCC. Saturday they were actually turning paying people away there were so many people.

GG has a TOD Indy bust coming:

indulowres.jpg

New Marvel Legends pics from the con here:
https://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2008_NYCC/Hasbro
I believe the new Figures shown are:
Nick Fury, Hand Ninja, Electra, Forge, Jim lee X-Men out fit Wolverine, Super Skrull, Union Jack, Ultimate WWII Captain America, Adam Warlock, Doc Samson, Bi Beast, The End Hulk, Grey Hulk, Red Hulk, Planet Hulk Silver Surfer, King Hulk and Kree Captain Marvel.

Glad to see they took my advice on offering multiple heads and hands (at least for the two packs)! :D

Not bad looking, but I've really been unimpressed with the direction Hasbro has taken the series. Lower quality and honestly most of the figures I'd want were released when ToyBiz still made them.

New Marvel Legends pics from the con here:
https://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2008_NYCC/Hasbro
I believe the new Figures shown are:
Nick Fury, Hand Ninja, Electra, Forge, Jim lee X-Men out fit Wolverine, Super Skrull, Union Jack, Ultimate WWII Captain America, Adam Warlock, Doc Samson, Bi Beast, The End Hulk, Grey Hulk, Red Hulk, Planet Hulk Silver Surfer, King Hulk and Kree Captain Marvel.

Glad to see they took my advice on offering multiple heads and hands (at least for the two packs)! :D

Thanks for the Link, dude.Love those Hulk figs.

Any Harry Potter exclusives I need to be aware of? :confused:

Fred and George Weasley are going to be NYCC and SDCC exclusives. Werewolf Lupin will be exclusive to GGLTD.com.

The only news from this weekend is that they are making a Ron in Quidditch gear mini bust shipping this fall, but it will not be an exclusive.

Not bad looking, but I've really been unimpressed with the direction Hasbro has taken the series. Lower quality and honestly most of the figures I'd want were released when ToyBiz still made them.
But compare this Nick Fury to the original, the new version wins hands down. Same goes for this new Electra.
I've bought nearly all the Toy Biz figures, but I still like these, that is if they don't look horrible after production.
I think the worst step down in quality was less articulation, I don't want 50+ points of articulation, but some of it is really necessary like correct ball jointed hips and cut joints at the shoulder muscles on the arms. The paint suffered a little but it's grown on me.

I'm just glad They're doing some very much wanted characters like Adam Warlock, Tigra, and Doc Samson.

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with the Bi Beast figure!! :google:

Too bad I don't collect these anymore.

Most of these figures look really good. I might have to get that Adam Warlock and Surfer to go along with my Thanos figure.

yep, sculpt of the bi-beast is pretty good,and I think its the first time ever there is a figure made of him.

I didn't reaslise hasblow was there, there not on the exibitor list. lol at that red hulk, whats with the hair style?

Back