Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am considering purchasing this statue. It would be my first PF if I do.

I wanted to transfer my NRD from another item to this statue and they said no. Is this typical? I didn't know this PF was coming out otherwise I would not ordered the other item. I have a limited budget so can't buy both.

You agreed to the NRD. Just put on your big boy pants, cancel your order, take the loss, learn your lesson and order the new Wolverine...and hope that a new “better” one doesn’t come out in the next few months.

You agreed to the NRD. Just put on your big boy pants, cancel your order, take the loss, learn your lesson and order the new Wolverine...and hope that a new “better” one doesn’t come out in the next few months.

LOL!! pretty much spot on.

This was an easy PO, even though I never planned for two Wolverines (three counting the vs Hulk maq). But Wolverine is definitely worth multiple statues for me, and Sideshow did a really great job with this so far. Let’s just hope the paint turns out close to proto. I’ll couple him with the brown PF, displaying both suits, probably masked and unmasked portrait, and can also finally use the sword on the brown. :)

So it's a penalty for not knowing this statue was coming out? It's not like they have sent
me a product. And I just want to transfer the NRD not refund it.

So what happens if they transfer the NRD and then some other statue you don't know of comes out in a few months that you prefer? At some point you will have to grow up.

They are under no obligation to refund or transfer your deposit. Not knowing that Wolverine was coming out is not a valid reason to accommodate you. But as others have mentioned they allowed a one time courtesy transfer/cancellation a few years ago. Be nice to the agent and they may allow it. Good luck.

I had a transfer on a preorder a while back it was for the Spidey PF and a couple of weeks after the Symbiote variant came out. They gave me such a hard time but they allowed it. I guess it’s circumstantial but people have known about this PF since SDCC.

I’ve always kind of thought NRD’s are a bad business model, as it really makes you think about it before you order. But I guess they are somewhat necessary as a lot of people want out for the next best statue that is coming.

As of right now I’m waiting, there is no rush to order this. I have some discount codes coming and I’m going to straight out ask if there are any variants for this planned before I order.

I had a transfer on a preorder a while back it was for the Spidey PF and a couple of weeks after the Symbiote variant came out. They gave me such a hard time but they allowed it. I guess it’s circumstantial but people have known about this PF since SDCC.

I’ve always kind of thought NRD’s are a bad business model, as it really makes you think about it before you order. But I guess they are somewhat necessary as a lot of people want out for the next best statue that is coming.

As of right now I’m waiting, there is no rush to order this. I have some discount codes coming and I’m going to straight out ask if there are any variants for this planned before I order.

They were forced to use the NRD business model because of the customers. They would not do it otherwise. The other issue is when they allow someone to transfer NRD that person usually come online and let everyone know it. That means more people will contact sideshow requesting a transfer of NRD.

Will buy later down the road for less. These days with the prices so high the aftermarket can’t even keep up. I just checked the bay and tons of ss statues are ending for 100-200.00 less than retail. Why pay a premium? I can wait, but this is a great wolverine and great ex! If this was 400.00 I would be down for po. Will own later for sure!

Will buy later down the road for less. These days with the prices so high the aftermarket can’t even keep up. I just checked the bay and tons of ss statues are ending for 100-200.00 less than retail. Why pay a premium? I can wait, but this is a great wolverine and great ex! If this was 400.00 I would be down for po. Will own later for sure!

Just curious, but when you buy off eBay etc, are the pieces unopened or former display pieces?

And with how prices are nowadays, new statues will never go for $400, at retail anyway.

Heck when I started collecting 3-4 years ago, they weren't that price.

Just curious, but when you buy off eBay etc, are the pieces unopened or former display pieces?

And with how prices are nowadays, new statues will never go for $400, at retail anyway.

Heck when I started collecting 3-4 years ago, they weren't that price.

Hi yes most are opened but displayed well behind glass. Some are not, but they are actually in most cases my experience better than the new sealed items from ss which is not inspected plague with quality control issues. If you do buy new just wait for a coupon or free shipping. I’ve noticed almost everything ex or not doesn’t sell fast anymore. They go on po for so long that the first ones to po will get punished for paying full price while all who wait gets a coupon and free shipping. This was caused by the super fast increasing price which doubled in a couple of years. Buy it! But get a discount! I’ve bought quite a few now for 100-200.00 less already. I still want a bunch from ss and I’m just waiting and waiting. They won’t sell out after months. So coupons will show up. Free shipping specials will follow.

Hi yes most are opened but displayed well behind glass. Some are not, but they are actually in most cases my experience better than the new sealed items from ss which is not inspected plague with quality control issues. If you do buy new just wait for a coupon or free shipping. I’ve noticed almost everything ex or not doesn’t sell fast anymore. They go on po for so long that the first ones to po will get punished for paying full price while all who wait gets a coupon and free shipping. This was caused by the super fast increasing price which doubled in a couple of years. Buy it! But get a discount! I’ve bought quite a few now for 100-200.00 less already. I still want a bunch from ss and I’m just waiting and waiting. They won’t sell out after months. So coupons will show up. Free shipping specials will follow.

Unfortunately because I'm located outside the US, free shipping from Sideshow usually doesn't apply. And on those few options where they have recently given international free shipping (outside of Hot Toys, and other small items), it's sometimes already would've been cheaper if I had got them locally (as I've mentioned previously I already save around $200 USD by buying locally, at the expense of the EX) or they're on items which Sideshow just hasn't been moving.... for sometimes obvious reasons.

There is no lean in the Po photos so I'm assuming the live stream figure was just incorrect. Can't wait to get this! Hate that I have to wait until October :impatient:

actually, they tried to cover it up for the photos.

Someone posted this on several Facebook-groups:
df7f6Mg.jpg

And if you check out the same photo on Sideshows site, you'll see it too (but its just darker).

Oh sideshow. Of it actually releases the way it is i have no problem doing the same thing to raise it as I please. On the other hand. VERY sneaky by SS. Especially when they said the piece that was shown is not the final product. Time will tell. For their own sake they better fix it. Collectors complain a LOT more than i do i bet they will let their frustrations be known

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually don't mind a forward lean. He looks more deadly hunching forward. Like he's about to kick all kinds of ass. However, if it leans to either side of the base, that's a big no go for me. That's just asking for trouble over time. If he comes out of the box looking like he did displayed at NYCC, I'm all good with that.

Last edited:
it is things like this that piss me off to no end.

the need to be deceptive is really upsetting. just when I think SS is getting their **** together...

Lol! Will look nice in a clean display with a towel or whatever shoved under there. No way I am ordering this until I see inhand pictures/reviews to see if the statue is secure.

I'm torn now

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble Thor, Hulk, and Wasp, SSC Spider-Gwen, SSC Silk, SSC Baby Groot, SSC Thanos CE, XM-Studios Hulkbuster, XM-Studios Spider-Man, XM-Studios Doctor Octopus, RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man, IBD Onslaught, IBD Sentry

I'm definitely getting this. Just no POing anytime soon. This is the best looking Wolverine to date, IMO, from any of the "Big 3."

Yep, no rush. Waiting to see the final production first or an official update that it will be level

Yeah, that's another concern I have now. Honestly, it probably won't prevent me from POing BUT I'm definitely hesitant now.

Back