Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolverine is meant to be short but I hope he doesn't look too small compared to other quarter scale

Exactly. Comic height is 5 feet 3 inches tall. He's going to be short even in 1/4 scale. He's 15 3/4 inches tall in 1/4 scale. Also his knees are bent and he's lunging forward. The pose throws off his height because he's not standing straight up.

Exactly. Comic height is 5 feet 3 inches tall. He's going to be short even in 1/4 scale. He's 15 3/4 inches tall in 1/4 scale. Also his knees are bent and he's lunging forward. The pose throws off his height because he's not standing straight up.

Yeah as long as he doesn't look out of place, however I will still get him eventually as it's such a great statue

Well I just received mine at work, but I won't be able to unbox it until tonight in about 7 hours.

And what's worse is that I can see a fairly big dent in the shipper box. Hopefully everything inside is okay.

And my Sideshow account doesn't even say it's been shipped:slap

But I'm extremely lucky that this statue shipped early and not in another 4 days or something because Australian import legislation has been changed and becomes effective as of 30th June whereby additional charges are being levied on all low cost items under $1000 AUD of which previously none had been levied. And I just received an email from Sideshow themselves confirming that they themselves will be collecting the additional 10% tax and remitting it to the Australian Taxation office for all future orders for items under $1000 AUD including shipping. I was hoping Sideshow were small enough that they were going to ignore the new law.

"To our Australian Collectors -

As you may already be aware, changes in Australian tax laws that impact goods shipped direct to consumers are going into effect July 1, 2018. We wanted to be proactive in notifying Australian collectors, who may be unfamiliar with this change to the low value goods and services threshold, and also update you on how it will affect purchases made with Sideshow.

Previously, all goods with a value of $1000 AUD shipped direct to consumers were not assessed goods and services tax (GST). As of July 1, 2018 all goods shipped direct to consumers will be subject to the 10% GST tax rate regardless of their dollar value. GST assessed is based on the amount paid for your purchase, including shipping costs.

Additionally, Sideshow will be required to collect the GST on all sales of $1000 AUD or less. On purchases greater than $1000 AUD, GST will still be collected upon import.

As a reminder – because you are a valued Australian Collector, Sideshow deeply discounts the shipping rates from the carrier before quoting all Australian shipments. We also provide a $25 loyalty code after each eligible purchase in addition to 5% back in rewards points redeemable on future purchases. We hope that these unique benefits will assist you in growing your collection while offsetting a portion of your taxes.

We hope this information is helpful. Thank you for your continued support.

Best Regards,

The Sideshow Team"

Unfortunately I won't be posting any images as I have a misaligned/broken leg peg, and I'm unable to insert the figure into the base.

I thought Sideshows factories are supposed to test fit these things! :slap

That's horrible. I so hope nothing is wrong with mine when I get it. I've been seriously looking forward to this for awhile and it's my first PF.

Unfortunately I won't be posting any images as I have a misaligned/broken leg peg, and I'm unable to insert the figure into the base.

I thought Sideshows factories are supposed to test fit these things! :slap

I'm sure CS will take care of you. Still sucks that it happened. Good luck with your replacement. Ask for a full replacement. If you don't know if it's the peg or the base that's off, whatever single replacement they send may not fit. Let them know you'll probably need a new figure and base.

I don't believe so.

I think the metal peg has been adhered to the body at an incorrect angle to fit the base, or the base itself is off. One or the other.

Don't know how much your misalignment is, but wondering if the blowdryer trick will work for your situation.

If not, SSC will fix you up.

Well I just received mine at work, but I won't be able to unbox it until tonight in about 7 hours.

And what's worse is that I can see a fairly big dent in the shipper box. Hopefully everything inside is okay.

And my Sideshow account doesn't even say it's been shipped:slap

A bummer, I’m sure SS will address. But what is your overall impression of the statue itself? Sculpt quality, paint apps, details, base, do they live-up to all the hype and anticipation?

I'm sure CS will take care of you. Still sucks that it happened. Good luck with your replacement. Ask for a full replacement. If you don't know if it's the peg or the base that's off, whatever single replacement they send may not fit. Let them know you'll probably need a new figure and base.

I already did, and hopefully they will see the wisdom in that.

Don't know how much your misalignment is, but wondering if the blowdryer trick will work for your situation.

It's a metal peg, so I don't think the blow dryer is applicable in this situation. And I don't want to manually drill the peg hole in the base to make it bigger because I'm concerned that if I make it too big, the body won't be straight and might lean into the wrong direction.

A bummer, I’m sure SS will address. But what is your overall impression of the statue itself? Sculpt quality, paint apps, details, base, do they live-up to all the hype and anticipation?

From what I've seen, I more or less like everything about it. But honestly because of the issue I'm having, I haven't gone over it like I usually would.

The sculpt looks great. Haven't seen anything bad about the paint. The paint on the teeth imo is the usual quality you get from Sideshow. I love the base, and I just can't get over how much sculpted detailed there is, but obviously the paint detail on the prototype base was much better but it's still good. And hopefully once I receive my replacement this will definitely be taking his predecessors place in my collection.

some great pics on FB

36277506_581299738936300_8286989713726767104_o.jpg

36275084_581299762269631_7035244005231165440_o.jpg

It's a metal peg, so I don't think the blow dryer is applicable in this situation. And I don't want to manually drill the peg hole in the base to make it bigger because I'm concerned that if I make it too big, the body won't be straight and might lean into the wrong direction.

The blowdryer is used to heat up the legs so that you can align the peg with the hole in the base. But never mind ...it usually works if the peg is not too far from the hole. Don't know how far yours is.

It looks great but also looks really small. A lot smaller than what I expected.

I disagree. The brown PF is elevated by the bridge he's on. The new PFs base with the Sentinel hand is far shorter. If you look at both portraits, they look to be the same size. Don't let the different sized bases throw you off. I'm sure that once you get this piece in hand, it'll look just fine.

Back