New Thundercats Toys from Bandai!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Lion-O from TRU today and he is awesome! Minor gripes are the warped weapons and mis-colored joints. Still on the fence about Tygra, something about the headsculpt. I just finished my vintage collection, and would love some Bandai Evil Mutants :pray:

The miscolored joints are pretty annoying. At least they didn't get saddled with black pins though. Hopefully the Classics do well enough for them to expand on that aspect of the liscense.

Picked up Tygra tonight and I actually really dig the headsculpt but I think the body throws it off. Haven't opened him yet though. I hate the neon orange paint on the head and the darker orange on the neckline while the forearms are much more subdued "regular" orange. And again the mismatched wrist joints blow.

Gotta reitterate what's been said before too about minding your paint apps. On one Tygra I saw his left eye paint application had missed the sculpted eye completely and there was a Lion-O that had other issues. :(

Picked up the Mezco Lion-O and 6" 2011 Lion-O the other day in Charolette. The Mezco one is great, especially for the price, but the 6 inch Lion-O is definitely getting returned. Too many issues w/ it. The black pegs look awful in person and the double-jointed elbows don't help.

Meanwhile today I picked up the 4" version and a Classic Lion-O (finally! :woo). Seems Tygra was doing his invisibility thing though.
I was tempted to get Cheetara and a couple other four-inchers but I haven't watched enough of the show and honestly the vintage stuff is where my loyalties lie.

Enough BSing here's some pics!

Lion-Obandai.jpg

Great pics Xander, I picked up the 4" Lion-O and I think he's pretty rad. Sure they have some issues but all I looked out for was the paint. Nice to see a complete line of figures in the first wave, reminds me of the 80's (playsets, vehicles, figures, and role playing toys).

That was my first reaction as well. You can get all four 'Cats plus the kittens in one go. The four inch Lion-O is pretty neat a lot better than the six inch version. I took some pics of him the other day I'll put 'em up in a bit.

Pick up half the 4" today , wasn't planning on buying any then, but the classics, but after getting them I wacthed the new show and I have to say it's growing on me.

Look, I respect the old show, I have the whole series on DVD. Hell, it's still fun...but the new show is WAY better than the old show. It's probably the best storytelling in American animation in a long time. The Clone Wars should take notes. I went hunting and found a WilyKit, Tygra, 2nd Lion-O (my son wants one), and the deluxe Lizard with Lizard Canon. I am hooked on the 4" line. Just look for the best paint apps and you'll be all right.

No, not just TRU. Can't speak for Target or Wal-Mart, but I have seen the 4 inch figures, the 6 inch, another 6 (or maybe 7) inch line, the deluxe Sword, and Thundertank at KMart of all places. Didn't really price compare between the retailers though

I went ahead and ordered Lion-O and Tygra Classics off of TRU for $19.99 each. Also got a free kungzhu for my nephew.

wow... never thought id see the day.

BBTS is actually CHEAPER..

the set of 2 costs $33.99

works out to $16.98 per figure.

I've yet to really sit down and make myself watch the new show. Honestly I don't watch a lot of tv these days to begin with. But design-wise I do like the new Lion-O and Panthor is slowly growing on me, except for the sideburns. For me the 4-ich ones are definitely the way to go if you're gonn get the new TC figs.

liono2011.jpg

I agree, and MANDO...the show is great. It's better than anything else on TV animation-wise. I don't want to jump the gun, but I'd say if the show stays this strong I think WB has another Batman Animated on their hands. Quality alone.

Man I love BTAS. Been itching to put that in lately. Also saw tonight that the 90s X-Men is on Netflix. That was another good one though admittedly not as good as Bats.
The animation on the new TC toon does look good, I have to admit. It's quality work. What's unfortunate though is that, as with 200X MOTU, it doesn't matter how good the show actually is if the kids aren't watching it. :(

:exactly: batman animated is one of the greatest shows ever.

deak...i just started watching the new thundercats. i have to say it is pretty dang cool and i am a pretty big old school thundercats fan. my kids are digging it as well.

i picked up the classics lion-o and tygra (along with the sdcc lion-o). i really dig lion-o. tygra is ok but, like mando said, some of the paint apps are kind of wonky. i also picked up some of the 4'' figures today. no thundertank yet though. i saw it at tru and figured i would pick one up at wm or target but the only place i have seen the figures other than tru is kmart.

The new show really is fantastic and is literally the only reboot of an 80's cartoon other than GI Joe Resolute that I've really liked (and new TC has the same art director from Resolute! :yess:)

The voice actor for the new Lion-O said that they all love the original TC and don't want to taint it. He literally stated that their goal is to make the new show the Batman: TAS of Thundercats. So far I'd say they're doing it!

:exactly: batman animated is one of the greatest shows ever.

deak...i just started watching the new thundercats. i have to say it is pretty dang cool and i am a pretty big old school thundercats fan. my kids are digging it as well.

i picked up the classics lion-o and tygra (along with the sdcc lion-o). i really dig lion-o. tygra is ok but, like mando said, some of the paint apps are kind of wonky. i also picked up some of the 4'' figures today. no thundertank yet though. i saw it at tru and figured i would pick one up at wm or target but the only place i have seen the figures other than tru is kmart.

Walmart (mine already does) will have them soon, and then they'll be everywhere.:clap

Loving the Classic line! These are the 'Cats I have always wanted!

Sallah

Back