Premium Format New Stormtrooper Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to chime in with some positive thoughts in this thread. First of, yes....the armor is strangely small and yes I do hope that Sideshow changes it but here is the stuff that I like:

- Here's a no brainer...this EX is amazing! Might be the coolest EX ever!
- The head sculpt is arguably the best Han sculpt I've ever seen. Even better than what Hot Toys has done in my opinion.
- The pose is fantastic. Dynamic and movie accurate. I may be wrong but there's probably a frame somewhere in the movie where Han took that exact pose...or at
least it seems like it.
- The empty helmet can be placed on the base or next to the base making the whole look even better.
- The base is nice and small but does the job. Good news for space conscious collectors.

All in all I am pretty excited with this piece. Sure I wish the armor size was more accurate but what's here is very enticing to me.

can't argue with any of that...

I've been wanting a good 1/4 scale stormy for a long time but sadly this one just doesn't cut it for me, especially for the high price. I guess I'll continue waiting for Hot Toys to release their quarter scale version...

can't argue with any of that...

Can't argue?! I take that as a challenge :p

- Here's a no brainer...this EX is amazing! Might be the coolest EX ever!
He said might, so clearly it's arguable. It's a nice EX, but as I mentioned previously I'm personally looking for a storm trooper, not a Han statue so for me it wouldn't be used. I would rather have an actual han statue. It is nice, but probably not the coolest ever.

- The head sculpt is arguably the best Han sculpt I've ever seen. Even better than what Hot Toys has done in my opinion.
I don't think this one is the the best really. This one below I like, though the paint job helps a lot I'm sure. Something which SS will no doubt fail to deliver on. Also I think he actually looks a little derpy/confused and it looks the same as the han pf except with resculpted lips and hair.
20970524656_f23bbc6a16_o.jpg

- The pose is fantastic. Dynamic and movie accurate. I may be wrong but there's probably a frame somewhere in the movie where Han took that exact pose...or at least it seems like it.
It's a decent enough pose. Nothing too special other then the fact that it's a trooper from SS that doesn't look stupid. Really the fact that he can stand up like a normal person really shouldn't be something that should be congratulated. Also saying something is movie accurate in terms of a museum pose unless they have a unique pose isn't really a good measure, people move all the time in movies and probably half of the time they aren't just standing somewhere if you froze it it'd be a dumb looking pose. Standing normally really doesn't have to be "movie accurate", nor is it a special skill for anyone but the SS troopers.

- The empty helmet can be placed on the base or next to the base making the whole look even better.
Somewhat, he's got a neck goinginto that neck seal, so yeah you'll have a helmet but it'll have a neck attached to it. You could cut off, or just have it sitting awkwardly on the base cause if it could even sit straight without falling over it'd be raised.

- The base is nice and small but does the job. Good news for space conscious collectors.
It's ok, they seem to have some obsession with adding vertical bits to their bases that look stupid. Though fortunately it's pretty small unlike Chewie's it's still wholly unnecessary and imo makes it look a little worse. They should have removed that and added a bit more on his left so you don't have whatever's in the front sawed down the side.

Sideshow sideshow..

Well it is what it is.. no changes looks like:

There were some armor adjustments done to the piece post SDCC and further adjustments are not expected. This piece was designed with the character's stance in mind and hence the reason more of the undersuit is showing on certain parts of the piece where the arm and legs are bent.

Sideshow sideshow..

There were some armor adjustments done to the piece post SDCC and further adjustments are not expected. This piece was designed with the character's stance in mind and hence the reason more of the undersuit is showing on certain parts of the piece where the arm and legs are bent.

It was to be expected LOL. They didn't see anything wrong with it.

"Designed with the stance in mind" :lol
Just doing a quick search I couldn't find any Stormies with that much body suit showing. I guess I'll be saving some money and sticking with my not perfect but a helluva lot cheaper original PF. :dunno

032ae5940ccd69607341bdf3d4efec13.jpg

Stormtrooper-Featured-10022017.jpeg

They could've just changed the "V-neck" of the thing. & that woulda been an improvement that might've pushed me into a buy.
Oh well. I got the first one with MYC's awesome Mouse Droid, I'm happy.

It was to be expected LOL. They didn't see anything wrong with it.

They rarely ever do. It totally surprised me that they made changes to their Magneto.

To them only their artists opinions matter. Not their fans and collectors as far as they're concerned.

I still dont understand how they didnt noticed when making the proto.. dont understand how they approve this to get produced.. im not picky at all.. but thats just SOOO OBVIOUS that something is not right.. even for non star wars geeks

Sideshow simply doesn't care. Too bad because I'm a big Stormie guy and with few changes I would have bought it., But no need for ladies tank top Smalltrooper in my collection, no matter what splendid pose it might have

Sideshow sideshow..

They can't be serious...

I can do with a few inconsistencies, not the end of the world, but when you charge $500+ and the armor is THIS WRONG..that is a problem.

I can only hope they change their minds, I want a Stormie PF, but not the one were seeing right now.

I still dont understand how they didnt noticed when making the proto.. dont understand how they approve this to get produced.. im not picky at all.. but thats just SOOO OBVIOUS that something is not right.. even for non star wars geeks

I think Sideshow is like LucasFim. Someone saw this and said perfect, just like Kathleen Kennedy saw the script of Last Jedi and said perfect. Nothing wrong at all. Unbelievable.

But be careful guys and girls. Sideshow could make changes and turn this into a maquette and charge you and extra $200 bucks.

Does anyone else think this was a (mis-guided) attempt by Sideshow to really spotlight the mixed media body suit under the armor? If so, hopefully they'll tweak this and then everyone will be scrambling to snag it. At least as one of those on pre-order, I hope they change it...

Does anyone else think this was a (mis-guided) attempt by Sideshow to really spotlight the mixed media body suit under the armor? If so, hopefully they'll tweak this and then everyone will be scrambling to snag it. At least as one of those on pre-order, I hope they change it...

That-Would-Be-Great.jpg

When Han was leaning over the console in the actual movie you see a ton of his black undersuit and since this Trooper is literally supposed to *be* him I just don't see why it's such a big deal. But everybody has their own level of OCD when it comes to these things.

screen-shot-2015-12-16-at-09-57-31.png

you give them too much credit.

SS needs to hire some folks who aren't drunk from drinking their own coolaide. And if a SS employee is reading this, SPEAK UP when you know something is so obviously wrong.

When Han was leaning over the console in the actual movie you see a ton of his black undersuit and since this Trooper is literally supposed to *be* him I just don't see why it's such a big deal. But everybody has their own level of OCD when it comes to these things.

screen-shot-2015-12-16-at-09-57-31.png

Wow that's a great point. That's a whole lot of black under suit.

Back