Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That texture still bothers me on Venom, BUT I'll admit that that the piece looks a lot better in in-hand photos. Congrats to everyone! :rock

Same. That seems to be the one thing most of my friends hate as well. I don't have the funds now but I honestly can't decide between this or P1.

Well, I have the P1 on PO and not Sideshow's, so I vote you go P1. :lol

BUT, I think BOTH are impressive. I don't think you can necessarily go wrong.

I got a notice of delay for the variant Thanos print. Here is something that was included:

SPECIAL NOTE:
Due to an unanticipated delay at the port, we expect to process this item later than we had estimated. Your item was originally set to process Thursday, December 28th, but due to the delay, we now expect to process the item on Tuesday, January 2nd. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

So, my question to you is, did you read your e-mail? Because I'm betting that the same disclosure is included.

What do you mean? I litterally said I got an email saying that so yes I clearly read my email 😂

Same. That seems to be the one thing most of my friends hate as well. I don't have the funds now but I honestly can't decide between this or P1.

1 - Don't base your decision on what your mates are saying.
2 - Which comic version of Venom do you prefer? Prime 1 is from The Dark Origins comic series and Sideshow is a hyper realistic take on the McFarlane style Venom (pose, ex head sculpt, body proportions)
3 - Consider Prime 1's will take longer to receive and cost more
4- How much space do you have? SS's is going to be a lot easier to display
5 - Do you prefer Meausem pose (Prime 1) or Dynamic pose ( Sideshow)
6 - Do you prefer Hyper realistic (Sideshow) or Cartoon/Comic look (Prime 1)

Hope that helps mate

Sideshow is a joke, been getting emails saying I'll be getting charged on the 28th as both Venom and Carnage will be arriving in the warehouse then today which is the 28th in Australia I get an email saying there have been delays and I will be charged Jan 3rd... how unorganised is Sideshow I won't be surprised if it get pushed back again tbh

What do you mean? I litterally said I got an email saying that so yes I clearly read my email ��

You blamed them for an external port delay, so you may have read it, but you certainly didn't comprehend it.

1 - Don't base your decision on what your mates are saying.
2 - Which comic version of Venom do you prefer? Prime 1 is from The Dark Origins comic series and Sideshow is a hyper realistic take on the McFarlane style Venom (pose, ex head sculpt, body proportions)
3 - Consider Prime 1's will take longer to receive and cost more
4- How much space do you have? SS's is going to be a lot easier to display
5 - Do you prefer Meausem pose (Prime 1) or Dynamic pose ( Sideshow)
6 - Do you prefer Hyper realistic (Sideshow) or Cartoon/Comic look (Prime 1)

Hope that helps mate

I like this survey, thanks! :duff

1. I kind of agree with them, the skin texture was the immediate thing I didn't like about the statue followed by the base (+1 Prime1)
2. I've never read Dark Origins and am familiar with the McFarlane version from the 90s (+1 Sideshow)
3. Time and cost isn't really an issue, although I would prefer both EX to be still available by the time P1 releases, but it might be unlikely :huh
4. Definitely something I'm worried about, I do have more P1 pieces on order so I may end up buying a PAX to display the larger pieces... (+1 Sideshow)
5. I think the Prime 1 is pretty dynamic as well, I like both but P1 takes the slight edge since it's more ferocious (+1 Prime1)
6. This is a tough one too, I like both

1. I kind of agree with them, the skin texture was the immediate thing I didn't like about the statue followed by the base (+1 Prime1)
2. I've never read Dark Origins and am familiar with the McFarlane version from the 90s (+1 Sideshow)
3. Time and cost isn't really an issue, although I would prefer both EX to be still available by the time P1 releases, but it might be unlikely :huh
4. Definitely something I'm worried about, I do have more P1 pieces on order so I may end up buying a PAX to display the larger pieces... (+1 Sideshow)
5. I think the Prime 1 is pretty dynamic as well, I like both but P1 takes the slight edge since it's more ferocious (+1 Prime1)

It seems like you're leaning towards the Prime 1 piece. I wouldn't worry about it selling out for a while, just keep checking the site to see if it says low stock. Either way they are both great pieces 👍🏼

The Dark Origin story is a quick read - maybe 5 issues. Check it out. I'm sure you'll like it.

Hope everything comes in good. Took long enough to ship.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

anyone have pics of the old comiquette next to the new PF?

I wont be able to pick mine up until Thanos and Spider-Man 2099 ship

yup

started late collecting

I was able to get one on eBay for $500 after it sold out

no regrets

Ive seen the PF on display at NYCC ... so I'm curious how it measures up to the old one. Comiquette is one of my favourites... Ill never sell the "Holy Trinity"

The new Carnage I'm not feeling at all.

Love the new Black Cat and Goblin though

Nice, I wanted it after I found out about it. By then it was selling pretty high. Then XM announced theirs which I went for instead. No regrets there but I might try and score one down the road,can never have enough Venom! Im hoping Ill really like SS Venom once I get him, I was pretty hesitant from the jump but we"ll see on Tuesday.

Back