Premium Format New Sideshow Venom PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you have a chance to pre-order XM Venom? I thought they don't distribute in the US until their 1/6 DC line worldwide announcement this week?

It is called,using a middle man or woman who lives in one of the approved areas or knows someone who does. It is risky, hut there are many who have shown themselves to be VERY reliable.

It is called,using a middle man or woman who lives in one of the approved areas or knows someone who does. It is risky, hut there are many who have shown themselves to be VERY reliable.

How are their prices usually? I've heard the XM retail is usually close to the $700-$1000 mark but when then I marked up prices up to $2000-$2500, it seems absurd at times and not worth it.

Are the pre-orders limited to 1 per person or can they purchase or can they purchase multiples to ship out? Trying to find those reliable ones but no one seems to want to share the info so I thought maybe it's limited, 1 middle man per international buyer.

Hey everyone, i'm new to collecting and don't understand how people can hate on Venom pf, I looked at the comiquette, XM's and Prime 1's and think they all trail behind this one IMO. Is this because most haters are people who already either own the comiquette/XM venom or because they can't afford the Venom PF?
Sorry if that came out sounding brutal but I honestly want to know.

If someone owns the Comiqutte and prefers the PF that is an easy fix as they could sell it and make almost twice what the PF is selling for to fund the purchase, and the same goes for the XM Venom. Being honest if I was going to buy one I would probably go with the SSC one unless I could get a good local deal on one of the other two, but in the end for me personally the XM Venom is the best Venom to date. I might have felt differently if SSC hadn't textures the heck out of theirs, but I like the cleaner look on the XM Venom by far. However, as I said to you response in the P1 thread, that is simply my opinion, but I hope you can see now how subtle things can change someone impression and opinion very easily.

How are their prices usually? I've heard the XM retail is usually close to the $700-$1000 mark but when then I marked up prices up to $2000-$2500, it seems absurd at times and not worth it.

Are the pre-orders limited to 1 per person or can they purchase or can they purchase multiples to ship out? Trying to find those reliable ones but no one seems to want to share the info so I thought maybe it's limited, 1 middle man per international buyer.

Depends on the piece what the middlemen do. On someone thing that is less sought after the prices usually only have a mark up of a few hundred plus shipping. Hell some even do it for retail. As for the limit, well, I am sure these guys have relatives that are getting statues to as an elite member of XMs website. As for sources, yeah, no wants to give them up because that means they have to compete even more to get a spot on a PO list with that middleman.

Last edited:
Depends on the piece what the middlemen do. On someone hing that is less sought after the prices usually only have a mark up of a few hundred plus shipping. Hell some even do it for retail. As for the limit, well, I a, sure these guys have relatives that are getting statues to as an elite member of XMs website. As for sources, yeah, no wants to give them up because that means they have to compete even more to get a spot on a PO list with that middleman.
Gotcha, thanks mate! :duff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm slowly learning not to follow the bandwagon and just get what I personally like. It shouldn't matter about the value or edition size it should matter what you perceive as art. In saying that it would be nice to own something that not everyone can easily get their hands on. Thanks for the response to my other question

Hopefully. I'm actually surprised Prime hasn't given us a teaser for that....Although, we did get a 2099 piece.

I'm slowly learning not to follow the bandwagon and just get what I personally like. It shouldn't matter about the value or edition size it should matter what you perceive as art. In saying that it would be nice to own something that not everyone can easily get their hands on. Thanks for the response to my other question

Hype is an amazing thing. At its upper limit guys were routinely paying $4000-$4500 for XMs Magneto, but the price has dropped down after people who saw it in hand realized that though it is an amazing looking statue THAT price level is a little insane for a 1/4 piece. Especially a smaller figure like Magneto. Trust me that hand is huge but he is tiny for 1/4. I always try to stay clear of the hype train and make up my own mind. It is far easier to just buy what you like and let the other pieces pass you by

If everyone is hyped up about a product it's more likely to sell out. I'm only 22 so very new to this and didn't even know figures/statues at this level were available. I saw some posts on instagram about sideshow collectables and couldn't believe the detail so I decided to look at their website... this was about 1 month ago and I already own Symbiote Spider-Man and pre ordered venom and carnage lol.
Anyway, when I first searched for venom statues I noticed there was the prime one and the sideshow but didn't realise they were two different companies, I just though one was a cartoon version (prime 1) and one was a realistic (SS). I was shocked when I saw the realistic one (SS) was cheaper! I couldn't see any flaws in it and decided to do further research. I then started watching YouTube reviews, reading forums ect and noticed how many people hated it for the dumbest reasons, e.g - the fog base, the skin texture, the pose. I literally think those 3 things make this statue the best out of all the other ones on the market. Every now and then I saw people sticking up for this statue but the main thing I've noticed is XM seems to be the one people love the most. I feel a lot of people have been let down by SS in recent years by quality control issues or cheap materials and this has caused collectors to switch over to other studios. I completely understand why people would be hating on the sideshow venom now but in my honest opinion (from someone who isn't bias) SS killed this venom. I've been a huge venom fan my whole life and have never seen such an organic, primal version of him. If you're going to have these things on display I think having a realistic statue is a must. That's what seperates these things from oversized action figures. Anyway this my my opinion but I had to vent about this as my girlfriend will literally leave me if I talk to her about statues again lol.

Last edited:
If everyone is hyped up about a product it's more likely to sell out. I'm only 22 so very new to this and didn't even know figures/statues at this level were available. I saw some posts on instagram about sideshow collectables and couldn't believe the detail so I decided to look at their website... this was about 1 month ago and I already own Symbiote Spider-Man and pre ordered venom and carnage lol.
Anyway, when I first searched for venom statues I noticed there was the prime one and the sideshow but didn't realise they were two different companies, I just though one was a cartoon version (prime 1) and one was a realistic (SS). I was shocked when I saw the realistic one (SS) was cheaper! I couldn't see any flaws in it and decided to do further research. I then started watching YouTube reviews, reading forums ect and noticed how many people hated it for the dumbest reasons, e.g - the fog base, the skin texture, the pose. I literally think those 3 things make this statue the best out of all the other ones on the market. Every now and then I saw people sticking up for this statue but the main thing I've noticed is XM seems to be the one people love the most. I feel a lot of people have been let down by SS in recent years by quality control issues or cheap materials and this has caused collectors to switch over to other studios. I completely understand why people would be hating on the sideshow venom now but in my honest opinion (from someone who isn't bias) SS killed this venom. I've been a huge venom fan my whole life and have never seen such an organic, primal version of him. If you're going to have these things on display I think having a realistic statue is a must. That's what seperates these things from oversized action figures. Anyway this my my opinion but I had to vent about this as my girlfriend will literally leave me if I talk to her about statues again lol.

Welcome to collecting! I have a minor quirk that I see in the SSC Venom but I'm onboard for this as well as Carnage. SSC's Venom is the one I like most out of the others currently available. I have the com and prefer this one.

And preordered at last. Bummed out though cause I had one of those random mailed out $50 off cards from Sideshow and when I typed it in it said it expired! It didn't have an expectation date on it so I never knew. Total waste.

And preordered at last. Bummed out though cause I had one of those random mailed out $50 off cards from Sideshow and when I typed it in it said it expired! It didn't have an expectation date on it so I never knew. Total waste.

Did you contact them? I did and they had manually input it and it worked. I said the same thing, it doesn't have an expiration how would I know ?

15966078_10207982572018717_7777065002525293002_n.jpg16003322_10207982642100469_8830359222679331237_n.jpg15940349_10207982644860538_7041338619864690389_n.jpg

I've always loved the sculpt on this thing, just not the compressed pose.

I've always loved the sculpt on this thing, just not the compressed pose.

What I like about the compressed pose is that it really shows off his back muscles (lat spread). This pose reminds me of the variant cover of Venom #150 by Clayton Crain. I'd post a photo but I can't figure out how to lol

Back